What have you done to your bike today ?

Pull up a chair - let's talk Boxerbollox

Moderators: Gromit, Paul, slparry

boxerscott

Re: What have you done to your bike today ?

Postby boxerscott » Wed Jun 14, 2017 8:59 pm

HarrisBikeNut wrote:After having a hip replaced 5 weeks ago, I got my 95 K1100RS out of the garage and fitted a new temp gauge sensor ( gauge now works!), fitted a new rear abs sensor and spent a few quid on stainless steel fixings from my local Resource store. I am always amazed how replacing scabby bolts etc with shiny stainless makes a bike look so much better...... Just waiting now to "get back in the saddle".......
Well done , you're lucky the old ones came out , they may be made of good tensile stuff unlike the ss ones you have just put in! :wink: Got to admit I agree with Fontana regarding keeping bike original, I stay away from owner modded stuff all the craze with pro bolt, tail tidys, mini inicators, disco lights.. rocket sprockets, lennies, john`s chips.. waste of hard earned if you ask me. I have to ashamedly admit to being lured by the perception that ss is better than factory fitted stuff till I learned that it may not be the case. Anyway each to their own if it makes you feel good.. do it. Enjoy the ride. :)

Chris

Edit. I hope the hip is bedding in well!
Fiat Panda.
Fiat Scudo (with speedblock, pipe carrier, reversing sensors, reversing camera, tow bar, some new rust and Fake Plumber logo)

started out with nothing, still have most of it left.

BoxerCup R

Postby BoxerCup R » Wed Jun 14, 2017 9:34 pm

Gave her her first rinse, snow foam, rinse, wash, rinse and dry towelling tonight, then went for a quick spin to get rid of the water from the brakes and all the 'nooks and crannies' :cool:
"02 Yamaha XJR 1300SP in Kenny Roberts Yellow - (bought new)
"18 BMW S1000R Sports - (bought new)

"11 Porsche Boxster 987 S Black Edition No.261 of 987

BoxerCup R

Postby BoxerCup R » Thu Apr 05, 2018 12:32 pm

XJR passed her MOT with flying colours today 8)

Paul
Wanna buy a sticker mister?

Postby Paul » Thu Apr 05, 2018 5:14 pm

Took my R1200RS for it’s 18k service. It also needed some new brake pads, front and rear. It ended up being pennies short of £600 [smilie=annoyed_h4h.gif] [smilie=jawdrop.gif] which is coincidentally the price I paid for the 5 year or 50k mile service plan on my car... What is wrong with this picture?
You really need only two tools: WD-40 and duct tape. If it doesn't move and it should, use WD-40. If it moves and shouldn't, use the tape.

Topcat

Postby Topcat » Thu Apr 05, 2018 5:20 pm

Ouch, does the 18K service include the forks being stripped like the S1RR?

Still could be worst, at least you still have an R12RS to service, mine was stolen last week :cry:

slparry

Postby slparry » Thu Apr 05, 2018 7:08 pm

Topcat wrote:Ouch, does the 18K service include the forks being stripped like the S1RR?

Still could be worst, at least you still have an R12RS to service, mine was stolen last week :cry:

gutted for you mate :(
--
Steve Parry

Current fleet: '14 F800GS, '87 R80RS, '03 R1100S BoxerCup, '15 R1200RT LE Dynamic, '90 K1

Topcat

Postby Topcat » Thu Apr 05, 2018 7:14 pm

Cheers Steve and thanks the docs :thumbleft:

BoxerCup R

Postby BoxerCup R » Thu Apr 05, 2018 8:45 pm

Now then

Found the fookin battery on me Boxercup and put it on charge. "I Swear to God" BMW had a load of batteries spare and some dick thought, lets build a bike around a battery and make it really difficult for anyone to get easy access to it ! :roll:

Paul

Postby Paul » Thu Apr 05, 2018 9:07 pm

18k service includes engine oil, fork oil and brake fluid changes. Sorry to hear about your bike being stolen. Presumably that was in London? How have your insurers reacted and will you be sorted in time for the Welsh weekend?

Cheers,

Paul
You really need only two tools: WD-40 and duct tape. If it doesn't move and it should, use WD-40. If it moves and shouldn't, use the tape.

SP250

Postby SP250 » Thu Apr 05, 2018 11:29 pm

Did another shakedown run on the F800ST as the sun was shining.
Still needed the heated waistcoat and grips on full though.
160 miles down the A483 and back up through the Elan valley to see all the dams overflowing.
Bike didn't miss a beat, but the suspension needs sorting out, at 42,000 its fairly knackered, not to mention I've needed a couple of painkillers for my neck issues.
Still, I wouldn't have lasted 50 miles on the 11S or the 12S
Roll on Mr Parry's Welsh Conan Doyle weekend in a couple of weeks.
John M

Topcat

Postby Topcat » Fri Apr 06, 2018 6:30 am

Paul wrote:Sorry to hear about your bike being stolen. Presumably that was in London? How have your insurers reacted and will you be sorted in time for the Welsh weekend?

Cheers,

Paul

Yep in London, from Paddington station car park which I thought was pretty safe as it has separate bike parking at a higher level to cars and full on CCTV. Guess not.

Okay for the Welsh weekend, will bring the R12S, RAC have been put on standbye :D

popsky

Postby popsky » Fri Apr 06, 2018 10:20 am

Topcat wrote:

Sorry to hear about the RS Dave, but on a positive note be nice to see the 12s out
Phil.

R1200S and loving it !

Hoch Bergstraßenjäger…………………………………

Boxered
Route Master

Postby Boxered » Fri Apr 06, 2018 1:46 pm

Topcat wrote:
Paul wrote:Sorry to hear about your bike being stolen. Presumably that was in London? How have your insurers reacted and will you be sorted in time for the Welsh weekend?

Cheers,

Paul

Yep in London, from Paddington station car park which I thought was pretty safe as it has separate bike parking at a higher level to cars and full on CCTV. Guess not.

Okay for the Welsh weekend, will bring the R12S, RAC have been put on standbye :D

Gutted to hear that Dave, but at least you will show up on the better looking bike in Wales [smilie=sofa.gif]

Sadly I can't make this years trip :( but I'm sure it will live up to the usual high standard :)
Enjoy

Steve
Well-weathered leather
Hot metal and oil
The scented country air
Sunlight on chrome
The blur of the landscape
Every nerve aware

boxerscott

Postby boxerscott » Fri Apr 06, 2018 11:37 pm

I gave it a cursory glance, confirmed to myself I possibly own the best all round Boxer then wondered when I was going to get chance to ride it confidently in my locality without hitting a pot hole. The drive back from Northampton yesterday has already cost me a new works van windscreen.

I am not itching to get out on it purely and simply because of the state of the roads. Everyone is driving in the middle of the road and can you blame them?
Fiat Panda.
Fiat Scudo (with speedblock, pipe carrier, reversing sensors, reversing camera, tow bar, some new rust and Fake Plumber logo)

started out with nothing, still have most of it left.

Paul

Postby Paul » Sat Apr 07, 2018 2:55 pm

There are named craters on the moon which are smaller than some of the potholes on the roads in my neck of the woods...

Return to “Boxerbanter”