What have you done to your bike today ?

Pull up a chair - let's talk Boxerbollox

Moderators: Gromit, Paul, slparry

BoxerCup R

Re: What have you done to your bike today ?

Postby BoxerCup R » Wed May 24, 2017 4:11 am

Grip Fast wrote:Took the Tiger 800 out for a 50-mile run. Mainly gentle bend-swinging along B roads, feeling relaxed. The occasional easy overtake, enjoying the ride. Zen. Arrived home and didn't want to stop. Smile on face. Really like that Tiger.

Took the R12S out for a 50-mile run. Wow, is it going well on the new tyres, so confident. Hooligan on A roads, think I'm in the TT, overtake and gone, barking on the overrun. Tuck in and muscle through the bends. Adrenaline hit after adrenaline hit. Arrive home and didn't want to stop. Grinning fiend. Brilliant! Love that machine.

Excellent. I feel your adrenaline :bounce:
"02 Yamaha XJR 1300SP in Kenny Roberts Yellow - (bought new)
"18 BMW S1000R Sports - (bought new)

"11 Porsche Boxster 987 S Black Edition No.261 of 987

boxerscott

Postby boxerscott » Tue Jun 13, 2017 12:07 am

5 months of ownership from new behind me, less than 900 miles on clock. I fitted a front engine guard I bought in January, I removed the front wheel and mudguard, fitted the pyramid fenda extenda and free ductail to the rear reflector arm. First clean of front end only. Money spent so far on aftermarket tat £50.00. On wish list a cheap mudsling knock off. I aint paying £80 for a bit of plastic attached with cable ties. A headlight protector seems a logical purchase.

I have vowed not to fanny with this bike. I was sorely tempted to go a bit further with the cleaning.. but I was resolute. :D

R1200R lc.

Chris.
Fiat Panda.
Fiat Scudo (with speedblock, pipe carrier, reversing sensors, reversing camera, tow bar, some new rust and Fake Plumber logo)

started out with nothing, still have most of it left.

Paul
Wanna buy a sticker mister?

Postby Paul » Tue Jun 13, 2017 7:26 am

boxerscott wrote:On wish list a cheap mudsling knock off. I aint paying £80 for a bit of plastic attached with cable ties.

Cable ties and a bolt! Don't think of it as £80 of cheap plastic, think of it as an inconspicuous £80 insurance policy against your expensive fancy pants electronically controlled shock absorber. Come on Chris, we can work through this!

Cheers,

Paul
You really need only two tools: WD-40 and duct tape. If it doesn't move and it should, use WD-40. If it moves and shouldn't, use the tape.

Al

Postby Al » Tue Jun 13, 2017 8:05 am

Chris, some of the GS forum users have used the £25 Chinese ones and say they do the job ok, if they do one for your bike, delivery times vary quite a bit I think.

Al.
White/red BMW R1200R Sport
Shiny Red Honda Civic
Shiny Silver MR2 vvti Roadster. Going to be sold
White Peugeot Boxer Camper Conversion.
Battle scarred Suzuki Burgman 125,(Mrs Als) going to be sold
Suzuki VanVan 125

fontana

Postby fontana » Tue Jun 13, 2017 9:14 am

boxerscott wrote:5 months of ownership from new behind me, less than 900 miles on clock.

Blimey.
I normally do that in a month
:shock:

Grip Fast

Postby Grip Fast » Tue Jun 13, 2017 12:53 pm

fontana wrote:
boxerscott wrote:5 months of ownership from new behind me, less than 900 miles on clock.

Blimey.

I was waiting for that. :D

dave the german

Postby dave the german » Tue Jun 13, 2017 4:53 pm

I do that in 2 days!!

Oh forgot - some of that is in the truck :oops:
'15 R1200GS TE
'06 R1200S
'04 BCR
Yam SR 500 long term restoration
wanna win the lottery and ride my bike

boxerscott

Postby boxerscott » Tue Jun 13, 2017 8:13 pm

Paul wrote:
boxerscott wrote:On wish list a cheap mudsling knock off. I aint paying £80 for a bit of plastic attached with cable ties.

Cable ties and a bolt! Don't think of it as £80 of cheap plastic, think of it as an inconspicuous £80 insurance policy against your expensive fancy pants electronically controlled shock absorber. Come on Chris, we can work through this!

Cheers,

Paul
I`m working on it, tried a couple of times to one click buy but left hand keeps fiddling with keyboard when right index finger goes for buy it now!

Al, have seen the oriental ones but they do not do one yet for the R1200R. I was wondering if I could heat gun modify it to fit. Cable ties are pretty universal. To heck with the Golden Bolt :P
Fiat Panda.
Fiat Scudo (with speedblock, pipe carrier, reversing sensors, reversing camera, tow bar, some new rust and Fake Plumber logo)

boxerscott

Postby boxerscott » Tue Jun 13, 2017 8:18 pm

fontana wrote:

Blimey.
Come to think of it , it was all done in approximately a month :wink:

Chris.
Fiat Panda.

boxerscott

Postby boxerscott » Tue Jun 13, 2017 10:51 pm

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/BMW-R-1200-R- ... 1989559283

I`ve just fitted this. I got it off ebay auction, used, as new 99p. cost me £7.50 in postage though. Bit taller than the bmw one but not as nice imho.

It is only worth 99p. It was a shite fit. Heat gun is going on it tomorrow evening to thermo adjust and set. funny how the BM one just offers up as if it has grown there. This one had to be flexed and cajoled for the fixings to go in true. I reckon if I don`t heat set it, it will crack in no time.

After market tat again. More fannying. I think I have been robbed, no slur on the seller he did not make it, item as described, I googled the item before I bought.

I never learn. I can actually put up with the "apparent wind" (I`ve been watching Americas Cup :) ) on naked`s up to about 90mph. This may only make me go faster. Oh dear! The original one looks classier and in reality is there to protect the instrument cluster from driving rain apart from that it is more ornament than anything else.

Chris
Fiat Panda.

fontana

Postby fontana » Wed Jun 14, 2017 8:48 am

Some aftermarket stuff is good, but most of it's TAT.
I saw an R1200S the other day with a tail tidy that was just rusting away.
Why take off that perfectly acceptable nicely made factory item and replace it with a bit of folded tin that costs a fortune.

dave the german

Postby dave the german » Wed Jun 14, 2017 9:40 am

fontana wrote:Some aftermarket stuff is good, but most of it's TAT.
I saw an R1200S the other day with a tail tidy that was just rusting away.
Why take off that perfectly acceptable nicely made factory item and replace it with a bit of folded tin that costs a fortune.

Cos the R&G version with LED indicators looks MUCH nicer :wink:
'15 R1200GS TE

'06 R1200S

'04 BCR

Yam SR 500 long term restoration

wanna win the lottery and ride my bike

Herb

Postby Herb » Wed Jun 14, 2017 12:29 pm

I didn't 'do' anything to mine today, but I did take it for the MOT. That's me legal for another year. Nice to be out in the sunshine for a change!
********Jim********
---------------------------
2006 'Colgate' R1200s

fontana

Postby fontana » Wed Jun 14, 2017 12:38 pm

dave the german wrote:Cos the R&G version with LED indicators looks MUCH nicer :wink:

My mate recently acquired a 1997 1200 Bandit.
It's factory mint.
Personally, I've never seen anything like it.
Most impressive is that it's completely original, right down to it's big square indicators.
None of the crap people seem to adorn these bikes with.
Looks 100% better than any so called customised version.
I love standard, especially as the bikes become older and more sought after.
Leave the glam look at me tat to the Harley crowd.

HarrisBikeNut

Postby HarrisBikeNut » Wed Jun 14, 2017 7:30 pm

After having a hip replaced 5 weeks ago, I got my 95 K1100RS out of the garage and fitted a new temp gauge sensor ( gauge now works!), fitted a new rear abs sensor and spent a few quid on stainless steel fixings from my local Resource store. I am always amazed how replacing scabby bolts etc with shiny stainless makes a bike look so much better...... Just waiting now to "get back in the saddle".......
2003 Randy Mamola BCR
2004 K1200LT
2003 Multistrada 1000
CB500S (sold)
ZZR1100 project.
1995 K1100RS

"It's not the size of the dog in the fight, it's the size of fight in the dog!"

Return to “Boxerbanter”