Sad News

Pull up a chair - let's talk Boxerbollox

Moderators: Gromit, Paul, slparry

slparry

Sad News

Postby slparry » Fri Jun 23, 2017 12:47 pm

Reg has just been on the 'phone to me and he's asked me to relate a message from Gwen and him.

Their daughter, Jackie, passed away last Saturday after a four year battle with cancer. Reg and Gwen are hugely thankful to all here for their support, both emotionally to them and financially to the cancer charities that members have supported in their name.

Obviously, it's hit them even though it's been expected. The saving grace it at the end she passed quickly and relatively pain free which has been a blessing.

She loved holidays and they'd tried to go away with her as much as possible to maximise the quality time they could all spend together. From what I understand they'd been down in the southwest when she took a turn for the worse and had to be taken to Exeter hospital where they found a tumour in the brain. She was kept sedated and passed shortly afterwards.

I'm sure all on here will join me in sending our heart felt sympathies to a lovely couple at this time of great pain and loss. Losing anyone is tough, losing a child must be the toughest. They're special people and have been members of this forum forever and as such have a huge group of friends here.

To Reg and Gwen, take time to heal now, you both have been through it all with Jackie and now need time for your recovery. If there's anything I can do to help please ask.
--
Steve Parry

Current fleet: '14 F800GS, '87 R80RS, '03 R1100S BoxerCup, '15 R1200RT LE Dynamic, '90 K1

BoxerCup R

Re: Sad News

Postby BoxerCup R » Fri Jun 23, 2017 2:57 pm

I don't know Reg and Gwen being new on here but you have my heartfelt condolences for your loss, may Jackie Rest in Peace.
"02 Yamaha XJR 1300SP in Kenny Roberts Yellow - (bought new)
"18 BMW S1000R Sports - (bought new)

"11 Porsche Boxster 987 S Black Edition No.261 of 987

fontana

Postby fontana » Fri Jun 23, 2017 4:54 pm

Put's perspective on things and reminds us what the really important things in life are.

exoticices

Postby exoticices » Fri Jun 23, 2017 9:23 pm

Terrible news. I'm sure everyone here will be thinking of them but it's hard to put those thoughts into words. Please pass on our condolences to Reg and Gwen if you speak to them Steve.

Boxered
Route Master

Postby Boxered » Fri Jun 23, 2017 10:39 pm

That is such terribly sad news, No parent should ever have to deal with this, Both Julie and me send all our love to you both Reg and Gwen, and to all of your family. We know that you will be strong but I hope that all the good wishes from all on here will help you through this most difficult of times.
All thoughts are with you.
All our love
Steve & Julie
Well-weathered leather
Hot metal and oil
The scented country air
Sunlight on chrome
The blur of the landscape
Every nerve aware

boxerscott

Postby boxerscott » Sat Jun 24, 2017 12:08 am

Boxered wrote:That is such terribly sad news, No parent should ever have to deal with this, Both Julie and me send all our love to you both Reg and Gwen, and to all of your family. We know that you will be strong but I hope that all the good wishes from all on here will help you through this most difficult of times.
All our love
Steve & Julie
Yes, we are a friendly site Steve and I am sure those sentiments are echoed by all of us who know Reg and Gwen.

Saddened.

Chris and Amanda
Fiat Panda.
Fiat Scudo (with speedblock, pipe carrier, reversing sensors, reversing camera, tow bar, some new rust and Fake Plumber logo)

started out with nothing, still have most of it left.

Mitch1100

Postby Mitch1100 » Sat Jun 24, 2017 3:55 am

Condolences from Downunder.
2009 HP2 Sport...sold
2006 R1200s with yellow rim tape
2008 Ducati Monster S4RS Tricolore..sold
2004 R1100s BoxerCup Replika..sold
2006 Subaru WRX STI S204 #318/600

GRAgusta

Postby GRAgusta » Sat Jun 24, 2017 11:07 am

Reg and Gwen, our thoughts are with you. Take care. Gawaine and Jenny
Gawaine

2003 R1100S
2007 MV Agusta F4 1000R
2013 Ducati Diavel Hers
2023 Motorrad R1250RS SE

2020 911 992 C2SC

Humbug

Postby Humbug » Sat Jun 24, 2017 1:42 pm

boxerscott wrote:
Boxered wrote:That is such terribly sad news, No parent should ever have to deal with this, Both Julie and me send all our love to you both Reg and Gwen, and to all of your family. We know that you will be strong but I hope that all the good wishes from all on here will help you through this most difficult of times.
All our love
Steve & Julie
Yes, we are a friendly site Steve and I am sure those sentiments are echoed by all of us who know Reg and Gwen.

Saddened.

Chris and Amanda

Sentiments are echoed by us that didn't know them as well. Indeed a friendly site. No parent should go through this
10 KTM RC8

dave the german

Postby dave the german » Sat Jun 24, 2017 5:01 pm

Reg and Gwen, difficult to find words but my thoughts are with you
Dave
'15 R1200GS TE
'06 R1200S
'04 BCR
Yam SR 500 long term restoration
wanna win the lottery and ride my bike

Gromit

Postby Gromit » Sun Jun 25, 2017 9:56 am

There's nothing I can really add to what Steve says in the OP - such terribly sad news. No parent should have to endure the passing of their offspring - and as Fontana says, this really puts the 'trivial' problems in the world into perspective.

Sleep well, Jackie.

Return to “Boxerbanter”