Moderators: Gromit, Paul, slparry

slparry

North Korea

Postby slparry » Tue Jul 04, 2017 7:48 pm

one of the most heart wrenching videos I've ever seen

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ufhKWfPSQOw
--
Steve Parry

Current fleet: '14 F800GS, '87 R80RS, '03 R1100S BoxerCup, '15 R1200RT LE Dynamic, '90 K1

kfrogzx7

Re: North Korea

Postby kfrogzx7 » Tue Jul 04, 2017 8:57 pm

Something is going to have to be done about North Korea before too much longer, something drastic probably.
Simon.
K100rs, R1100s, R1150rs, R1200st, K1300s

ianbcr

Postby ianbcr » Tue Jul 04, 2017 10:09 pm

2014, I wonder how many 100s have died since then. And still the world watches, they say China is the key but look how they are treating Hong Kong.
Your born with a certain amout of heart beats, Dont waste them on exersise. [smilie=rooster.gif]

04 boxer cup rep. Gone but not forgoten
99 tlr1000 (V twin) tricked.
Indian Roadmaster Elite
Mercedes EQC 400

boxerscott

Postby boxerscott » Tue Jul 04, 2017 10:32 pm

It`s propaganda. She is a very intelligent young lady a good actress and has been put up to it and given airtime. We need to get our own house in order without worrying about the land of silly walks and mad hair do`s. I can tell you that I am not gonna lose sleep over her. Hopefully Mr Trump will provide us with some exciting news shortly. I do like those vids showing cross hairs and then Kerr..boom

I heard on the news they have developed an ICBM that can reach Alaska.. WTF have the Inuit's done to anybody? :?
Fiat Panda.
Fiat Scudo (with speedblock, pipe carrier, reversing sensors, reversing camera, tow bar, some new rust and Fake Plumber logo)

started out with nothing, still have most of it left.

Mr Charrington

Postby Mr Charrington » Wed Jul 05, 2017 6:54 am

Oh. Please ..

They could found a much better actress.
1e8dc-banakirsten2.jpg
1e8dc-banakirsten2.jpg (10.44 KiB) Viewed 8408 times

milleplod

Postby milleplod » Wed Jul 05, 2017 7:05 am

boxerscott wrote:It`s propaganda. She is a very intelligent young lady a good actress and has been put up to it and given airtime. We need to get our own house in order without worrying about the land of silly walks and mad hair do`s. I can tell you that I am not gonna lose sleep over her. Hopefully Mr Trump will provide us with some exciting news shortly. I do like those vids showing cross hairs and then Kerr..boom

I heard on the news they have developed an ICBM that can reach Alaska.. WTF have the Inuit's done to anybody? :?

In the sense that its biased, yes....but I doubt that its inaccurate. And I don't think it was 'acting' at all.....other than she was on a stage. I won't 'lose sleep' over her, but it certainly makes you think about how many shitholes there are in the world, and just how lucky we are to be able to whinge about the trivia that we think is important.

I agree though, there's stuff that's more important, to us, that needs sorting first, and even when its sorted, I don't think we should be going anywhere near the place - not that we probably could anyway.

Pete
Nocto Diuque Venamur

fontana

Postby fontana » Wed Jul 05, 2017 5:19 pm

boxerscott wrote:It`s propaganda. She is a very intelligent young lady a good actress and has been put up to it and given airtime. We need to get our own house in order without worrying about the land of silly walks and mad hair do`s. I can tell you that I am not gonna lose sleep over her. Hopefully Mr Trump will provide us with some exciting news shortly. I do like those vids showing cross hairs and then Kerr..boom

I was goimg to say exacrly this myself.
I remember seeing this a couple of years ago with a south korean aquaintance who reckoned that she had been carefully schooled.
Pretty young innocent looking vulnerable girl who also happens to speak very reasonable English dressed in traditional attire.
She was a gift to the propaganda machine.
Take it with a huge sack of salt.

milleplod

Postby milleplod » Thu Jul 06, 2017 8:13 am

fontana wrote:

I remember seeing this a couple of years ago with a south korean aquaintance who reckoned that she had been carefully schooled.
Pretty young innocent looking vulnerable girl who also happens to speak very reasonable English dressed in traditional attire.

Do you think she's making stuff up about herself, or about how it is in North Korea? Who's 'propaganda machine' is she a gift to? :?

Pete
Nocto Diuque Venamur

fontana

Postby fontana » Thu Jul 06, 2017 8:59 am

milleplod wrote:
fontana wrote:

Do you think she's making stuff up about herself, or about how it is in North Korea? Who's 'propaganda machine' is she a gift to? :?

Pete

The fact you have to ask that question shows you know nothing about the political and ideological divide between north and south Korea, and american involvement.

milleplod

Postby milleplod » Thu Jul 06, 2017 9:13 am

fontana wrote:
milleplod wrote:
fontana wrote:

Pete

The fact you have to ask that question shows you know nothing about the political and ideological divide between north and south Korea, and american involvement.

As opposed to you knowing everything? :lol:

I was genuinely interested in what you thought about what she was saying. My question about 'which propaganda machine' was to do with the fact that some people say she's lying as she was paid for her story...she was incentivised to exaggerate what happened to her. In that sense, she might be a gift to the NK authorities, rather than t'other side. Again, I was interested in your views.

But feel free to reply instead with how you view me and my level of knowledge, eh! :lol:

Pete
Nocto Diuque Venamur

Mr Charrington

Postby Mr Charrington » Thu Jul 06, 2017 10:32 am

milleplod

Postby milleplod » Thu Jul 06, 2017 10:45 am

Yes, I've seen that, and similar articles regarding the 'industry' of saleable stories. But.....whilst appreciating that any such person might exaggerate their experiences, quite possibly for financial gain, I seriously doubt that anyone, other than NK government stooges, will ever tell us its a bed of roses in there!

Pete
Nocto Diuque Venamur

Mr Charrington

Postby Mr Charrington » Thu Jul 06, 2017 11:34 am

I don't think that I ever
by any means
claimed that there is a deb of rose's situation in NK

I only said that this video is manufactured.

And also that she is a really bad actress

The gain's of such video's aren't financial
but mostly political.
This story is very convenient for the Us and i believe that they must have been involved in the production or the scenario

The NK people are struggling to survive under a fascist resin but I'm afraid that their problems will be multiplied any time soon.

milleplod

Postby milleplod » Thu Jul 06, 2017 11:42 am

Mr Charrington wrote:I don't think that I ever
by any means
claimed that there is a deb of rose's situation in NK

I only said that this video is manufactured.

And also that she is a really bad actress

The gain's of such video's aren't financial
but mostly political.
This story is very convenient for the Us and i believe that they must have been involved in the production or the scenario

The NK people are struggling to survive under a fascist resin but I'm afraid that their problems will be multiplied any time soon.

My apologies, I didn't mean to imply that that's what you thought, it was a general comment about how horrible a place NK is.

From what I've read, a lot of defectors/escapees are paid for their stories, which would obviously not be the case if their stories were along the lines of 'actually, its not that bad over there' - payment must tempt them to embellish things more than a little.

I don't know, though, if there's any need for such embellishments - NK is a vile monster of a place where I'm sure such things do happen, even if it might not have actually happened to some of the defectors paraded in front of cameras.

Pete
Nocto Diuque Venamur

Mr Charrington

Postby Mr Charrington » Thu Jul 06, 2017 12:07 pm

Well let's cool off a little a have a smile on this

https://www.nytimes.com/interactive/201 ... 62088&_r=0

If I was living in Australia I would de very worried.
Let's hope diplomacy will prevail

Return to “Boxerbanter”