Pub Ban

Pull up a chair - let's talk Boxerbollox

Moderators: Gromit, Paul, slparry

ianbcr

Pub Ban

Postby ianbcr » Thu Jul 13, 2017 11:20 pm

If this happened to you on your bike would you use the pub/chain if you were out with the family in the car. with pubs suffering on trade I think they have shot themselves in the foot.

http://www.motorcyclenews.com/news/2017 ... rcyclists/
Your born with a certain amout of heart beats, Dont waste them on exersise. [smilie=rooster.gif]

04 boxer cup rep. Gone but not forgoten
99 tlr1000 (V twin) tricked.
Indian Roadmaster Elite
Mercedes EQC 400

fontana

Re: Pub Ban

Postby fontana » Fri Jul 14, 2017 5:53 am

I tend not to get worked up about stuff like this.
If he wants to lose trade, that's his problem, not mine.

slparry

Postby slparry » Fri Jul 14, 2017 5:58 am

ianbcr wrote:If this happened to you on your bike would you use the pub/chain if you were out with the family in the car. with pubs suffering on trade I think they have shot themselves in the foot.

http://www.motorcyclenews.com/news/2017 ... rcyclists/

"As bikers are not a protected group under the equality act, the pub chain is not technically breaking the law regarding discrimination. They are still however still quite clearly tarring all motorcyclists with the same brush."

actually .....

"
Article 14 Human RIghts Act

Prohibition of discrimination.

The enjoyment of the rights and freedoms set forth in this Convention shall be secured without discrimination on any ground such as sex, race, colour, language, religion, political or other opinion, national or social origin, association with a national minority, property, birth or other status."

So if they're discriminating because someone is a motorcyclist they're discriminating because of their association with property (ie the bike)
--
Steve Parry

Current fleet: '14 F800GS, '87 R80RS, '03 R1100S BoxerCup, '15 R1200RT LE Dynamic, '90 K1

fontana

Postby fontana » Fri Jul 14, 2017 8:44 am

slparry wrote:So if they're discriminating because someone is a motorcyclist they're discriminating because of their association with property (ie the bike)

Not sure if that would cut it.
It's like denying entry to a club or high class restaurant for failing to comply with dress code, clothing being property.

Jeff Highland

Postby Jeff Highland » Fri Jul 14, 2017 9:38 am

Over here, due to problems with drugs, violence and intimidation, we have bans on the wearing of outlaw bike "colours" or the display of club tattoos in some venues.
But just on the mode of transport to get to the pub........

Herb

Postby Herb » Fri Jul 14, 2017 9:50 am

Let him discriminate if he wants to! It's up to him how he runs his business and if he doesn't want biker cash then so be it.

I quite understand it in some ways. I don't know the bigger picture, but if he has had problems in the past, or perhaps feels families would be put off by crowds of bikes in the car park, then maybe that has led to his stance. A bunch of bikers might wreck the ambiance he is trying to create.
********Jim********
---------------------------
2006 'Colgate' R1200s

fontana

Postby fontana » Fri Jul 14, 2017 1:30 pm

Herb wrote:I quite understand it in some ways. I don't know the bigger picture

Yes indeed, and there are always two sides to every coin.

milleplod

Postby milleplod » Fri Jul 14, 2017 2:50 pm

Its a good thing - Sam Smith's beer is truly shite! :lol:

Pete
Nocto Diuque Venamur

Return to “Boxerbanter”