How tuff

Pull up a chair - let's talk Boxerbollox

Moderators: Gromit, Paul, slparry

popsky

How tuff

Postby popsky » Mon Jul 31, 2017 5:12 pm

I managed to watch most of the Suzuka 8hrs yesterday, sad I know but I love endurance racing, and today I was reading some snippets about the race, Leon Haslam riding the Works Kawasaki did 5 stints and the last 2 back to back, they got a very deserving 2nd, but why I'm writing this is a picture of his left hand after the race, the other thing was Alex Lows who won on the works Yamaha was consistently raising his boots off the foot pegs and Terry Rymer said they need to do that to stop the peg from burning the bottom of there feet :shock: feck me they are hard men
Attachments
IMG_0568.PNG
IMG_0568.PNG (374.01 KiB) Viewed 5902 times
Phil.

R1200S and loving it !

Hoch Bergstraßenjäger…………………………………

fontana

Re: How tuff

Postby fontana » Mon Jul 31, 2017 6:20 pm

popsky wrote:feck me they are hard men

It's just fitness at the end of the day, like any other sport.

milleplod

Postby milleplod » Mon Jul 31, 2017 6:39 pm

I know people who are fit, and yet anything but tough, or hard. They're not the same things.

Pete
Nocto Diuque Venamur

fontana

Postby fontana » Mon Jul 31, 2017 6:43 pm

Depends on the sport.
Boxers have to be fit, and don't tell me their sport doesn't require you to be tough.

milleplod

Postby milleplod » Mon Jul 31, 2017 6:46 pm

fontana wrote:Depends on the sport.
Boxers have to be fit, and don't tell me their sport doesn't require you to be tough.

Agreed.

Pete
Nocto Diuque Venamur

fontana

Postby fontana » Mon Jul 31, 2017 6:52 pm

I'm not taking anything away from endurance racers, but like any sport, it is at the end of the day, fitness.
I've been taking an interest in the tour de France lately.
A 23-day period covering around 2,200 miles.
There's one section that covers over 20 miles through the mountain passes going up hill almost vertically
:shock:
Now that really is a sport for hard men and Women.
The fitness and endurance levels required are off the scale, and that's what it's all about at the end of the day.

dave the german

Postby dave the german » Tue Aug 01, 2017 9:09 am

fontana wrote:I'm not taking anything away from endurance racers, but like any sport, it is at the end of the day, fitness.
I've been taking an interest in the tour de France lately.
A 23-day period covering around 2,200 miles.
There's one section that covers over 20 miles through the mountain passes going up hill almost vertically
:shock:
Now that really is a sport for hard men and Women.
The fitness and endurance levels required are off the scale, and that's what it's all about at the end of the day.

Piece of pi$$ with EPO :wink:
'15 R1200GS TE
'06 R1200S
'04 BCR
Yam SR 500 long term restoration
wanna win the lottery and ride my bike

The Teutonic Tangerine

Postby The Teutonic Tangerine » Tue Aug 01, 2017 12:44 pm

Remember Charlie Boorman when he attempted the Paris - Dakkar race and had to ride about 100 miles with a busted hand after an off in the desert - by the time he got to the overnight stop they had to cut off his gloves and x rays showed broken bones - so Leon - those are some blisters - you'll get over it.
There would appear to be a surfeit of prolixity and sesquipedalian content today please do not use a big word when a singularly un-loquacious and diminutive linguistic expression will satisfactorily accomplish the contemporary necessity

Return to “Boxerbanter”