Depression ahead

Pull up a chair - let's talk Boxerbollox

Moderators: Gromit, Paul, slparry

Humbug

Depression ahead

Postby Humbug » Tue Aug 15, 2017 4:35 pm

Got to hand over the front Ohlins shock for a rebuild on Monday. No bike for 10 days and going to miss a trackday at Cadwell with Chris Walker that I had planned to attend :cry: Would have deferred it but MOT man wants it done and the chap doing it will be tied up for 6 weeks after next week. Bet its sunny for the next two weeks. Poor me :sad11:
10 KTM RC8

ianbcr

Re: Depression ahead

Postby ianbcr » Tue Aug 15, 2017 6:04 pm

I bet it aint. :D You will get another trackday.
Your born with a certain amout of heart beats, Dont waste them on exersise. [smilie=rooster.gif]

04 boxer cup rep. Gone but not forgoten
99 tlr1000 (V twin) tricked.
Indian Roadmaster Elite
Mercedes EQC 400

Grip Fast

Postby Grip Fast » Wed Aug 16, 2017 8:47 am

Who do you get to service your shock?

A few years ago, we returned home to find that our neighbour had started the renovation on their house. We knew it was about to happen, and we agreed that scaffolding could go on our property, against their wall. What I hadn't realised was that, with the scaffolding up, I couldn't get my bike out.

Three months - the entire summer - I couldn't get out on the bike. They were lovely neighbours, very good friends, and very apologetic, so I couldn't get upset with them. But three months!

Humbug

Postby Humbug » Wed Aug 16, 2017 12:17 pm

I used Colin at 100% Suspension for the rear, he is near Mansfield http://www.100pcsuspension.co.uk/ and am using ETTO Motorcycles near Bingham in Notts for the front as recommended by my local workshop of Dan Hegarty in Bingham.
10 KTM RC8

Boxered
Route Master

Postby Boxered » Wed Aug 16, 2017 4:01 pm

Hi Herb, you can borrow my std front shock for the R12S if you don't want to be off the road, although you would need to get some bushings/spacers for it as it is a different bottom fit than the Ohlins for some reason. I just used it whilst my shocks were in for service, but I didn't ride with it fitted, I just wanted to be able to move the bike around the garage.
Let me know if you want to borrow it.

Steve
Well-weathered leather
Hot metal and oil
The scented country air
Sunlight on chrome
The blur of the landscape
Every nerve aware

Humbug

Postby Humbug » Wed Aug 16, 2017 4:32 pm

Thanks for the offer Steve. Just been to see Mike Overy at Overland and Classic to book in for throttle body sync and he was recommending that while the bike is on stands and apart I should look at replacing or at least servicing the ball joint at the top due to the 80000 mileage. I think I may take his advice and do some of the fettling and care that I have neglected instead of wallowing in a pit of self pity.
Steve
10 KTM RC8

SP250

Postby SP250 » Wed Aug 16, 2017 4:37 pm

When you've done all that refurb work, the bike will feel so much better on your next trackday. :D
John M

Britisherspy

Postby Britisherspy » Wed Aug 16, 2017 7:37 pm

Are you selling your track day place

Humbug

Postby Humbug » Wed Aug 16, 2017 9:07 pm

Already gone i'm afraid. it will be a Triumph Tiger on track instead :|
10 KTM RC8

Humbug

Postby Humbug » Sat Aug 19, 2017 5:36 pm

Well, shock is out and I must say its time for a rebuild! some parts look seriously unwell. Not a hard job as long as the front wheel is on the ground and the engine is well supported. Bottom bolt was easier than I thought it might be, didn't even need heat.
Time for a good inspection and clean down. Already found a dead bird in the front cowl at the side of the oil cooler :shock: Must have scooped it in at some point but never noticed, poor chap.
10 KTM RC8

Return to “Boxerbanter”