Fontana's account suspended

Pull up a chair - let's talk Boxerbollox

Moderators: Gromit, Paul, slparry

Paul
Wanna buy a sticker mister?

Fontana's account suspended

Postby Paul » Mon Aug 21, 2017 3:38 pm

Dear Boxertrixers,

I have today taken the decision to suspend Fontana's account on the board. His postings and PMs to other board members crossed the line on several occasions, and despite two previous warnings, he continued to post in the same style. In deference to those he has offended, I therefore have disabled his account and have given him the option to request me to delete of all of the posts he has made on the board to date.

It is not my intention to turn this thread into a "pile on" where everyone can comment on the character traits, positive or negative, of Fontana, and so I am locking this thread. If any threads are started on the board on the topic of the character traits, positive or negative, of Fontana, I will delete them. The suspension of the account is sufficient, without the need to publicly rake over the coals of the previous posts. If you have any concerns about my action, I am more than happy to discuss these with any of you via a PM conversation.

In all of the years we have been running the board, I think that this is only the second time (other than spammers advertising kitchens or recreational pharmaceuticals) that we have banned a user, and on this occasion we have given several clear warnings and explanation to Fontana regarding the inappropriate nature of some of his postings and requests for him to desist.

It is certainly not my intention to start arbitrarily banning people from the board in future. Any indiscretions flagged up to the moderators will followed by up to two warnings, as we did with Fontana, explaining what comments or behaviour we are objecting to, and then only if person who has been warned does not modify their subsequent behaviour, will I resort to suspending their account.

All that I request of the members participating on this board is that we act in a respectful way to each other, as if we really were in a pub at one of our weekends. That does not mean we cannot have healthy debate, or even arguments, but please no threats or personal abuse.

Regards,

Paul

Return to “Boxerbanter”