Here's a Gotcha I Didn't Know About

Pull up a chair - let's talk Boxerbollox

Moderators: Gromit, Paul, slparry

Grip Fast

Here's a Gotcha I Didn't Know About

Postby Grip Fast » Tue Sep 05, 2017 9:46 pm

Ambulance with lights flashing and siren blaring, you move out of the way to let it pass and in doing so, move into a bus lane (for example). It seems that you can be fined for doing so, according to the RAC.

https://www.rac.co.uk/drive/advice/driv ... ambulance/

Topcat

Re: Here's a Gotcha I Didn't Know About

Postby Topcat » Wed Sep 06, 2017 5:24 am

Yep, have to be careful with that one. A few people I know in London have had a fine for that. They did get it squashed but after a lot of effort!

You have to watch the buses pulling straight out onto the wrong side of the road to pass a parked wagon as well, if you go into the bus lane and there is a camera, its your fault despite the fact the driver gave you no time to do anything else.

slparry

Postby slparry » Thu Sep 07, 2017 6:29 am

yet another reason to avoid driving in the capital :D
--
Steve Parry

Current fleet: '14 F800GS, '87 R80RS, '03 R1100S BoxerCup, '15 R1200RT LE Dynamic, '90 K1

David_S_Walker

Postby David_S_Walker » Thu Sep 07, 2017 8:15 am

Hello,

Somebody I know was fined for moving out of the way at traffic lights to allow an ambulance to pass - This was done by a PCSO who happened to be standing there when this occurred. No amount of argument would dissuade this individual from issuing an on the spot fine.

As a slight aside and as a regular commuter into this great city of ours (London) Two councils spring to mind with regards to Bus Lanes.

Westminster - Allow Motorcycles into Bus Lanes.... Except for a couple of small stretches where if you carry on and use them you will get spotted and fined. I got caught with this one 3 days running! Ouch!

Lewisham - Same as the above. they have what I (Now I know they are there) call a couple of nice little earners to boost their coffers!

Greenwich don't allow motorcycles into Bus lanes full stop.

I was once advised to watch what the Motorcycle Couriers do as mostly they know which ones to use and vice-versa.

A consistent policy across all the London boroughs is I suppose too much to hope for?

Best regards,

David
Last edited by David_S_Walker on Thu Sep 07, 2017 5:44 pm, edited 1 time in total.
The Hokey Cokey. What if that is what life is all about?
BMW R1200S-2006 with much carbon,PCIII & Schnitzer,
Subaru Outback 3.0 R N 2006 and an Abarth 595 MTA 180 Competizione Convertible

GerryB

Postby GerryB » Thu Sep 07, 2017 5:09 pm

David_S_Walker wrote:Hello,

A consistent policy across all the London boroughs is I suppose too much to hope for?

David

That sums it up perfectly .... :roll: :roll:
Old man ... now .
Ex Off Road & Enduro Rider...

Return to “Boxerbanter”