Boxerscotts Beer and trad music festival

Pull up a chair - let's talk Boxerbollox

Moderators: Gromit, Paul, slparry

boxerscott

Boxerscotts Beer and trad music festival

Postby boxerscott » Sun Aug 27, 2017 11:26 pm

As some of you know, I have been busy organising a beer and music do in our small and picturesque Royal Burgh. (A valid reason for not organising a Scottish do this year) Well, this evented yesterday and after months of knocking on doors, pleading, contesting Police and Safety advisory groups recommendations I with the help of like minded folk who wanted to do something for the community that we live in actually pulled it off despite loads of other events taking place. The Beer was fab, The music was just sublime and everyone enjoyed themselves.. plus we made profit! The overheads for an inaugural event are large so is the risk of failure when dealing with real ale. The Rotary Club of Jedburgh, friends of the event, volunteers absolutely nailed it! What a buzz. Holiday coming up, new bike!

Next year will be better and I may organize a Scottish weekend too... if you are all nice to each other :)

I love Beer. :)

facebook Borders Birl `n` Beer

Chris
Fiat Panda.
Fiat Scudo (with speedblock, pipe carrier, reversing sensors, reversing camera, tow bar, some new rust and Fake Plumber logo)

started out with nothing, still have most of it left.

slparry

Re: Boxerscotts Beer and trad music festival

Postby slparry » Mon Aug 28, 2017 7:53 am

sounds great Chris, how about a 'trix weekend without ride out, ie attend your event on bikes but park them up and have a few, the ride can be to and from the event :)
--
Steve Parry

Current fleet: '14 F800GS, '87 R80RS, '03 R1100S BoxerCup, '15 R1200RT LE Dynamic, '90 K1

boxerscott

Postby boxerscott » Mon Aug 28, 2017 11:25 pm

slparry wrote:sounds great Chris, how about a 'trix weekend without ride out, ie attend your event on bikes but park them up and have a few, the ride can be to and from the event :)
Sounds like a plan Steve :idea:
Fiat Panda.
Fiat Scudo (with speedblock, pipe carrier, reversing sensors, reversing camera, tow bar, some new rust and Fake Plumber logo)

started out with nothing, still have most of it left.

dave the german

Postby dave the german » Tue Aug 29, 2017 4:51 am

Cracking idea!! I mentioned it a while back about possibly having a Winter "social" weekend
'15 R1200GS TE
'06 R1200S
'04 BCR
Yam SR 500 long term restoration
wanna win the lottery and ride my bike

Return to “Boxerbanter”