The time has arrived

Pull up a chair - let's talk Boxerbollox

Moderators: Gromit, Paul, slparry

Merecat

The time has arrived

Postby Merecat » Fri Sep 22, 2017 1:52 pm

Time to hang up the helmet and leathers for good, not by choice either. I was diagnosed with Cancer in Dec 16 and its progression has been quite rapid.
I did manage to get out on it for a couple of quick blasts earlier on in the year, but now it is obvious to me that I am neither fit enough or strong enough to handle the bike especially if I come across an emergency situation where i have to take avoiding action, I no longer have the confidence that I can handle that and remain upright! I was planning a late season blast to Wales for a weekend, but have decided the risks aren't worth it

So common sence must prevail.
I must say that having been a member of this site since it started and the previous Yahoo Group for a few years before, this is by far the best and most informative on the net and is not only a credit to the moderators Gromit, Paul & Steve, but also to the members (and Trolls for the entertainment).
Guys it is a constant pleasure to read all the serious and silly stuff and I will hang around and keep up to date.

When the weather improves the bike will emerge for some photos and ill very reluctantly post her up for sale.

Cheers Mick
Mick

2001 R1100s Frost Blue

Its not going the fastest,

Its stopping the quickest

dave the german

Re: The time has arrived

Postby dave the german » Fri Sep 22, 2017 2:00 pm

So sad to hear this news. The big C is evil and doesn't discriminate. Can't think of anything else to say. I echo your sentiments 're this forum and know others will feel equally sad. Do the best you can for as long as you can
'15 R1200GS TE
'06 R1200S
'04 BCR
Yam SR 500 long term restoration
wanna win the lottery and ride my bike

GerryB

Postby GerryB » Fri Sep 22, 2017 2:53 pm

I'm so sad to read this news .

All the best for you , sadly not much else I can think of saying at this stage .

I don't know if cannabis oil would help, but there are many cases where the consumption of this has helped .
Old man ... now .
Ex Off Road & Enduro Rider...

Neil178

Postby Neil178 » Fri Sep 22, 2017 7:05 pm

Oh god that came as a shock to read to say the least.
Mick, I'm certain everybody on here will be wishing you the best with your fight ahead.
Before you sell your bike, can't you sit on the back with someone else piloting for you?
Just a thought to get another blast out and about.

Al

Postby Al » Fri Sep 22, 2017 7:35 pm

Mick , sad news indeed, I have been raising an eyebrow and having a smile at your posts for just over 12 years, as said previously cancer is a blight on so many families, there are excellents support groups out there and I hope they will support you and your loved ones in whatever lies ahead. Nice idea from neil178, if you were up for it.

Al.
White/red BMW R1200R Sport
Shiny Red Honda Civic
Shiny Silver MR2 vvti Roadster. Going to be sold
White Peugeot Boxer Camper Conversion.
Battle scarred Suzuki Burgman 125,(Mrs Als) going to be sold
Suzuki VanVan 125

slparry

Postby slparry » Sat Sep 23, 2017 6:01 am

So sorry to hear Mick, cancer is a hideous disease and I, and I'm sure every one here, wishes you the absolute best in your fight and a positive outcome.
--
Steve Parry

Current fleet: '14 F800GS, '87 R80RS, '03 R1100S BoxerCup, '15 R1200RT LE Dynamic, '90 K1

Humbug

Postby Humbug » Sat Sep 23, 2017 7:58 am

Likewise I am sorry to hear your news. Words can't express feelings about this disease but my thoughts are with you and your family.
10 KTM RC8

Taz

Postby Taz » Sun Sep 24, 2017 8:21 pm

As Steve said. Try to keep positive.
Taz

R1250RS

So when is this 'Old enough to know better' supposed to kick in?

Paul
Wanna buy a sticker mister?

Postby Paul » Mon Sep 25, 2017 8:20 am

So sorry to hear your news Mick. Thanks for the kind words about the site, and hopefully we can keep going in the same spirit for some time to come.

Wishing you and yours all the best.

Paul
You really need only two tools: WD-40 and duct tape. If it doesn't move and it should, use WD-40. If it moves and shouldn't, use the tape.

boxerscott

Postby boxerscott » Mon Sep 25, 2017 7:52 pm

Mick, do not think we have ever met but this post sounds pretty fatalistic and sad. I do hope you have loved ones and family for support with this cos if you have not that would be totally shit especially having to rely on words of comfort and support from the merciless souls on this site who are now wondering if there is a cheap bike or a set of ohlins up for grabs. :wink:

KEEP ON KEEPIN ON!

Kindest regards Chris
Fiat Panda.
Fiat Scudo (with speedblock, pipe carrier, reversing sensors, reversing camera, tow bar, some new rust and Fake Plumber logo)

started out with nothing, still have most of it left.

Return to “Boxerbanter”