dodgy repairs ...

Pull up a chair - let's talk Boxerbollox

Moderators: Gromit, Paul, slparry

slparry

dodgy repairs ...

Postby slparry » Thu Nov 09, 2017 7:34 pm

my boss had had his brand new Audi in for some warranty work, he was looking it over when it came back, I took a peek too and asked why there was polish in the parking sensors, closer inspection showed a very poor respray.

Of he went back to Audi with it and they admitted they'd crunched the bumper and had repaired it. .......

He's not impressed with them, and they're going to have to answer some serious questions!

However, he's so impressed with my obs he's going to get me a bottle of single malt :D

I'd expect better from an Audi main agent to be honest
--
Steve Parry

Current fleet: '14 F800GS, '87 R80RS, '03 R1100S BoxerCup, '15 R1200RT LE Dynamic, '90 K1

milleplod

Re: dodgy repairs ...

Postby milleplod » Thu Nov 09, 2017 7:45 pm

Crikey, that's a bit naughty, to put it mildly! :shock: Well done for spotting it - no doubt had it been missed and not spotted for a while, Audi would've denied all knowledge.....well worth a bottle that Steve! :D

Years ago, we had a new blue BMW 318i. It went into the dealer for its first service and we were expecting a call when it was ready to pick up. Around 4pm that day, I saw a brand new, bright red 318iS pull up outside. Suited bloke gets out, knocks on the door - he's the workshop manager come to tell us some numpty had reversed our pride and joy into a wall at the dealership! :cry: He'd come in the 318iS to leave with us as a loan-car till ours was fixed! We had it for a week and put many more miles on it than we would have done on our lowly 318. :lol:

Pete
Nocto Diuque Venamur

The Teutonic Tangerine

Re: dodgy repairs ...

Postby The Teutonic Tangerine » Fri Nov 10, 2017 11:36 am

Many moons ago when I got Company cars My lovely "Memphis Blue" Citroen BX went to a local dealer for its 1200 mile first service - They let down the ramp with the drivers door open. ooops They did fess up and repaired it a week later but I had a minute AX 1.0 as a lend car- I had to fold myself up like a penknife to get it :)
There would appear to be a surfeit of prolixity and sesquipedalian content today please do not use a big word when a singularly un-loquacious and diminutive linguistic expression will satisfactorily accomplish the contemporary necessity

Return to “Boxerbanter”