Spain anyone?

Pull up a chair - let's talk Boxerbollox

Moderators: Gromit, Paul, slparry

boxerscott

Spain anyone?

Postby boxerscott » Thu Nov 16, 2017 8:54 pm

Just thought I would give you guys the heads up on offers from MCN and Brittany Ferries for next year. Brittany Ferries will give you a crackin deal on return ferries and book your accommodation. They are doing the whole package, they choose excellent places to stay as well. Mainly northern Spain. They will be having a stand at this years bike show. MCN in conjunction with Brittany ferries are also offering Hols with big discounts on Parador Hotels. The Parador brand is excellent.

If you can get your head round the ferry bit then Spain`s glorious roads and climate await. IMHO Spain offers much more to biking than France does and much better value for money too. You have to start thinking about booking now cos those ferries will all be booked up by New Year.

Chris.
Fiat Panda.
Fiat Scudo (with speedblock, pipe carrier, reversing sensors, reversing camera, tow bar, some new rust and Fake Plumber logo)

started out with nothing, still have most of it left.

adam

Re: Spain anyone?

Postby adam » Fri Nov 17, 2017 12:23 am

Have agree, the Picos area is excellent for a bike. The dirt tracks of 20 years ago, have recently been surfaced with immaculate Tarmac. Just watch it in the wet though, the surface is very grippy in the dry, but the tar is mixed with local Limestone that polishes easily. It's like glass when moist. Nobody likes a damp patch! - especially on the apex of a bend :lol:
The ferry trip out can be quite too. It's not rare to see dolphins and porpoise surfing on the bow wave of the ferry. I must take a tin of sardines to throw at them one day :shock:

GerryB

Re: Spain anyone?

Postby GerryB » Fri Nov 17, 2017 8:54 pm

I've moved to Spain , and have done the ferry trip a few times in the last 3 years .

The riding here is amazing , where ever you ride .
Old man ... now .
Ex Off Road & Enduro Rider...

Return to “Boxerbanter”