Motorcycle Live

Pull up a chair - let's talk Boxerbollox

Moderators: Gromit, Paul, slparry

Grip Fast

Motorcycle Live

Postby Grip Fast » Tue Nov 21, 2017 12:03 am

Went last Saturday. Of all the bikes there, two really took my fancy; the CCM Spitfire - simple, lightweight, no-frills fun I recon - probably the cafe racer, or maybe the flat tracker version. And the Paton - I like the classic racing style and colour, although I might prefer the look of an old-fashioned single round headlamp rather than the two little lights.

Always liked the original Brough Superior SS100, but couldn't make my mind up about the new ones (based on looks alone). I'm not sure if I'd enjoy owning one or not. It's not going to happen, so just musing.

What would you like to see in your garage?

dave the german

Re: Motorcycle Live

Postby dave the german » Tue Nov 21, 2017 4:32 am

What would you like to see in your garage?[/quote]

More space!!!!!!
'15 R1200GS TE
'06 R1200S
'04 BCR
Yam SR 500 long term restoration
wanna win the lottery and ride my bike

Grip Fast

Postby Grip Fast » Tue Nov 21, 2017 8:17 am

image.jpeg
image.jpeg (76.66 KiB) Viewed 8483 times

The Paton...

...and two modern SS100 examples
image.jpeg
image.jpeg (92.94 KiB) Viewed 8483 times

image.jpeg
image.jpeg (78.85 KiB) Viewed 8483 times

I didn't take a photo of the CCM Spitfires - too busy checking them over.

Grip Fast

Postby Grip Fast » Tue Nov 21, 2017 8:57 am

dave the german wrote:What would you like to see in your garage?

More space!!!!!![/quote]

Well, yes obviously. :) But this is a hypothetical Jay Leno type garage, as is the any-bike-you-like hypothetical (I'm not offering to buy you one for Christmas :) ).
Last edited by Grip Fast on Tue Nov 21, 2017 9:09 am, edited 1 time in total.

Herb

Postby Herb » Tue Nov 21, 2017 9:02 am

I am going on Friday. Always a good day out for me, a chance to catch up with friends.

I even have permission this year to spend some of my own money. Looking for a new crash helmet, so hopefully can find a good deal on a neotec.
********Jim********
---------------------------
2006 'Colgate' R1200s

andy griff

Postby andy griff » Tue Nov 21, 2017 9:34 am

Motolegends have got a beat any show price by 10% offer on at the moment.

Herb

Postby Herb » Tue Nov 21, 2017 10:23 am

andy griff wrote:Motolegends have got a beat any show price by 10% offer on at the moment.

Good to know! Just had a quick look online, they don't list the neotech, but they have a schuberth that is on my shortlist if it fits.

I'll make a point of dropping by.
Last edited by Herb on Sat Nov 25, 2017 10:48 pm, edited 2 times in total.
********Jim********

2006 'Colgate' R1200s

dark_knight87

Postby dark_knight87 » Tue Nov 21, 2017 1:27 pm

The CCM Spitfires definitely look better in the flesh but not sure about a 600cc single!

The Norton Commando Cafe Racer MKII looks the business - but you need deep pockets - likewise with the Brough!

We were impressed with the Husquvana Vitpilen 701, again another single but with a very modern cafe racer look!

The new Enfield 650cc twins, initially look good but get up close and the quality just isn't there.

Everything else was much of a muchness - usual crop of superbikes, sport tourers and adventure bikes, with a spattering of race bikes

There was a rather attractive brunet on the Aprillia stand that is also worth a mention!

Regards,
Russ
It started badly, it tailed off a little in the middle and the less said about the end the better, but apart from that it was excellent.

slparry

Postby slparry » Tue Nov 21, 2017 5:37 pm

I was disappointed, place seemed full of cheap Chinese imports.

Liked the new F750 and 850GS's and the new Z900RS and Café racer variant. Not much else appealed to be fair.
--
Steve Parry

Current fleet: '14 F800GS, '87 R80RS, '03 R1100S BoxerCup, '15 R1200RT LE Dynamic, '90 K1

Paul
Wanna buy a sticker mister?

Postby Paul » Thu Nov 23, 2017 9:00 pm

Well I managed a good hour and a half in there and saw as much as I wanted. I managed to find a senior chap from Carole Nash and harangued him about my recent issues during a change of address update to my policy. I also came away with a heavy duty chain, wall anchor and bike cover for my RS in it's new home.

I liked the look of the KTM 1200(?) Adventure sport, and the Triumph Tiger 1200, both of which were sporting a similar sort of colour LCD info display as the R1200GS. I think there may be another Triumph 1200 Tiger in my future at some stage if I ever get bored with the RS.
You really need only two tools: WD-40 and duct tape. If it doesn't move and it should, use WD-40. If it moves and shouldn't, use the tape.

Herb

Postby Herb » Sat Nov 25, 2017 10:50 pm

Herb wrote:
andy griff wrote:Motolegends have got a beat any show price by 10% offer on at the moment.

Good to know! Just had a quick look online, they don't list the neotech, but they have a schuberth that is on my shortlist if it fits.

I'll make a point of dropping by.

Had a great day out, starting with a full English with my mates and son. Got my Neotec, £350 for a graphics version. Only infinity had them. Was pretty pleased til my mate told me today he paid £290 at the Scottish bike show.

Tried on the Schuberth C3 pro and E1. Was smitten with the E1 but was not a great fit. Shame. The shoei fits like a glove, so went with that.
********Jim********

2006 'Colgate' R1200s

boxerscott

Postby boxerscott » Sun Nov 26, 2017 10:30 pm

slparry wrote:I was disappointed, place seemed full of cheap Chinese imports.

Liked the new F750 and 850GS's and the new Z900RS and Café racer variant. Not much else appealed to be fair.
A reason for that Steve, possibly main stream brands are too expensive for introducing new biking blood? TBQH the R E`s and Mash look as retro as you can get, plus, new biker friendly and inexpensive. Sports bikes still appeal to me, not essentially 165-200bhp jobs but the V4 panni 959, sublime, Talking about inexpensive how cheap are the paint jobs getting on main stream bikes? no lacquer just basecoat marketed as "Stealth" "Dark Side" when the fact of the matter is it is just " Cheap Side" I say fairplay to the new breed of inexpensive bike producers and hopefully they will drive down the ridiculous prices for two wheels that we generally only use for limited season in the uk.

The outstanding bikes for me were Honda SP2 and Ducati V4 Stradale 1200. I quite appreciated the outstanding build quality of the Indian cruisers. The helpful ladies on that stand were a welcome sight for sore eyes too. Can not beat a bit of glamour!

My wallet did not come away unscathed however. I did spread my wealth about to lubricate the sprockets of industry. :)

Chris.
Fiat Panda.
Fiat Scudo (with speedblock, pipe carrier, reversing sensors, reversing camera, tow bar, some new rust and Fake Plumber logo)

started out with nothing, still have most of it left.

Return to “Boxerbanter”