Happy New year ride ....

Pull up a chair - let's talk Boxerbollox

Moderators: Gromit, Paul, slparry

GerryB

Happy New year ride ....

Postby GerryB » Mon Jan 01, 2018 8:20 pm

This morning , I woke up bright and early , the joys of not drinking alcohol any more !!!

So , after a leisurely breakfast , a long chat with my children , I got out into some twisties on the bike !

Oh how I love the smooth almost deserted spanish country roads !

A quiet 160 miles ride , just because , then back to my village , a coffee at the local Bar Palacio .

Had to take a Selfie ( as you do ) along the way :roll:

Happy New Year chaps , and I hope the new year is a great biking year for all of us . 8) :D

New year 2018 (1).jpg
New year 2018 (1).jpg (93.11 KiB) Viewed 3573 times
Old man ... now .
Ex Off Road & Enduro Rider...

Grip Fast

Re: Happy New year ride ....

Postby Grip Fast » Mon Jan 01, 2018 10:41 pm

Happy New Year. Sounds like a great start to 2018.

I woke up late (the downside of seeing in the New Year and still partaking of alcohol), wrestled out the Tiger 800 with half a plan to go to an annual classic car meet in Stony Stratford. Roads looked wet, slimy and breaking up (again) after recent hard frosts, but set off anyway. Something didn't seem right and I was a couple of miles down the road when I realised I didn't have my glasses on (I only recently started needing glasses for riding/driving). Turned round to head back for them and saw wall-to-wall dark rain clouds heading my way. By the time I got home, the first drops were falling, so I abandoned the trip and had a coffee at home while it persisted down outside. :?

Did get in a pleasant walk over the muddy fields with missus and the dog in the afternoon, so not all bad.

GerryB

Postby GerryB » Tue Jan 02, 2018 10:23 am

Grip Fast wrote:Happy New Year. Sounds like a great start to 2018.

Something didn't seem right and I was a couple of miles down the road when I realised I didn't have my glasses on (I only recently started needing glasses for riding/driving).

Glad you finished the day on a good note .

When I first started wearing glasses on the bike , I went to an Off Road race in the Vryheid district of Natal in South Africa .

I was so slow !!!

Too busy looking at the amazing scenery , didn't realise what beauty I'd not seen the last 20 odd years ...

Needless to say , things got back to normal and I was back in the "zone" again soon !

But yes, what a difference that first time out made !!
Old man ... now .

GerryB

Postby GerryB » Sun Jan 07, 2018 10:48 am

Woke up this morning , a beautiful day out there ....

But here in south east Spain its a bit cool ....

9oC at mid morning ....

Oh well , may as well go for a ride , while the army rescues all the travellers up north who didn't :roll: check the travel reports ...

How sad in a few short years , folks have become so stupid, and lost all sense of self preservation and common sense .

Its winter , the roads are high altitude , as in between 800m above sea level to about 1300m ASL ......

But no , these folks all set off without any safety net ... No blankets, no extra foods , to say nothing of motor vehicle rescue stuff ...

And now , it's the government's problem to rescue the stupid idiots arse .....

There really is no excuse for stupidity today .... So many apps and radio stations giving travel advice , news , tips etc etc ...

In days gone by the gene pool would have been much clearer, as these would have obliterated themselves.

OK , sorry , rant over . Just p##s me off , that the army and Guarda are out there rescuing stupid folk , instead of making sure older and vulnerable folks are safe , warm and fed .
Old man ... now .

Return to “Boxerbanter”