Sc10u Anyone purchased

Pull up a chair - let's talk Boxerbollox

Moderators: Gromit, Paul, slparry

Ryan

Sc10u Anyone purchased

Postby Ryan » Wed Jan 10, 2018 12:44 pm

Hi just bought myself a schuberth E1 and thinking about buying Sc10u Bluetooth intercom has anyone bought one and what advantages are there for getting handle bar remote ?
Cheers Ryan
R1250 GS Rallye :cyclopsani:

dave the german

Re: Sc10u Anyone purchased

Postby dave the german » Wed Jan 10, 2018 2:03 pm

Got the same system for my Neotec but haven't used it yet. Sound quality is supposed to be good. Only downside I can see to the handlebar unit is that there's no way to secure it so you have to take it off when you leave the bike
'15 R1200GS TE
'06 R1200S
'04 BCR
Yam SR 500 long term restoration
wanna win the lottery and ride my bike

Ryan

Postby Ryan » Wed Jan 10, 2018 3:06 pm

dave the german wrote:Got the same system for my Neotec but haven't used it yet. Sound quality is supposed to be good. Only downside I can see to the handlebar unit is that there's no way to secure it so you have to take it off when you leave the bike

Ideal thanks dave ! What benefit is there in haveing handle bar remote ? Does it give more options for headset use ?

Paul
Wanna buy a sticker mister?

Postby Paul » Wed Jan 10, 2018 5:09 pm

Hi,

I bought the Sena branded version of the headset for my Schuberth C3 Pro helmet, and it works great. I have the handlebar remote and the benefit it gives is that you can use the joystick to adjust the volume and also to skip tracks or pause music, if you are listening to MP3s. I find it no hassle to remember to remove it from the handlebars when I get off the bike. Don't try to fit it to the handlebar grips though, because it gets in the way of your clutch hand. I clip mine onto the centre of the handlebar yoke, instead.

Cheers,

Paul
You really need only two tools: WD-40 and duct tape. If it doesn't move and it should, use WD-40. If it moves and shouldn't, use the tape.

dave the german

Postby dave the german » Wed Jan 10, 2018 6:17 pm

Ryan wrote:
dave the german wrote:Got the same system for my Neotec but haven't used it yet. Sound quality is supposed to be good. Only downside I can see to the handlebar unit is that there's no way to secure it so you have to take it off when you leave the bike

Ideal thanks dave ! What benefit is there in haveing handle bar remote ? Does it give more options for headset use ?

Also more convenient because of the way the coms fits into the helmet - on the Shoei you would have to lift the visor to operate controls (I've fitted it and haven't had the bike on the road since). I was previously using a Scala rider and while it was OK the sound quality for music wasn't that good, I just never really got to grips with it (the Scala rider will be for sale when I get my ar$e into gear and sort it out!!)
'15 R1200GS TE

'06 R1200S

'04 BCR

Yam SR 500 long term restoration

wanna win the lottery and ride my bike

Ryan

Postby Ryan » Thu Jan 11, 2018 11:23 am

Ideal many thanks purchase made :D 8)

GerryB

Postby GerryB » Fri Jan 12, 2018 6:10 am

What ever you do .....

DON'T buy a Viper helmet with the integral blue tooth system ....

It's absolute cr@p .... Volume is useless above 30 miles per hour, passenger on back can't hear you , you can't hear passenger .

If you can get the 2 helmets to sync , they shut themselves off randomly as and when they feel like it .

Sent them back , as wanted a refund , not fit for purpose ....

Guess what , they don't refund ....

They sent them back , told me they'd been tested , and no faults were found .

So my girlfriend and I have 2 helmets , bought specifically for the fact we could chat on the bike , and its a load of junk .

So , please remember my experience, if you ever get tempted at the motor cycle show with a £300 helmet for £180 .....

We have a wired intercom now, cost £10, uses 2 AA batteries , and works perfectly , only down side is clipping it on, carefully putting helmet on , and remembering to unclip when dismounting , other than that its great.
Old man ... now .
Ex Off Road & Enduro Rider...

ianc53

Postby ianc53 » Fri Jan 12, 2018 4:42 pm

Like Paul I bought the Sena integrated unit, but for my Arai. Sports Bike Shop had them reduced before Christmas.
Only used it solo so far but, connectivity, sound quality and ease of use are good. Recharging is a bit more fiddle than the removable Scala Rider units it replaces. Got Sue the matching unit but not been out together since I bought it so her view is still to be heard - if you see what I mean.

Cheers

Ian
Motorrad R1250RS SE 2023
Blue R100RS 1980
Suzuki GT250B 1977

Return to “Boxerbanter”