Baskerville Hall

Pull up a chair - let's talk Boxerbollox

Moderators: Gromit, Paul, slparry

slparry

Baskerville Hall

Postby slparry » Mon Jan 15, 2018 6:54 pm

Right everyone :D

John (SP250) and myself drove (weather was foul so wussed out and took the car) down to Baskerville Hall today (15/01/18) to check it out for the Welsh Weekend.

As we'd not used it before I wanted to see it closer to make sure it's ok for us, and John and I agree it's a nice place, quirky, eccentric, a little dated but clean and warm, with a selection of basic, standard and executive rooms.

I've booked my room, as has John, the hotel takes a £40 deposit on booking.

So if everyone wants to pop over to "Days Out" and get details of the weekend and start booking. Reply on that post when you've booked and I can add you to the list of confirmed attendees.

viewtopic.php?f=7&t=22663

Looking forward to it there's some lovely countryside down there.
--
Steve Parry

Current fleet: '14 F800GS, '87 R80RS, '03 R1100S BoxerCup, '15 R1200RT LE Dynamic, '90 K1

Neil178

Re: Baskerville Hall

Postby Neil178 » Mon Jan 15, 2018 9:33 pm

Hi Steve, I just checked out the hotel and it looks to be nice and well situated.
Can you give me an idea of the program please?
I guess Friday is everyone arriving from all points of the compass to sample some ale.
Any late pm rideout on the cards?
What about the Sunday? Are folk setting course home or is there another ride planned?
TIA

slparry

Postby slparry » Mon Jan 15, 2018 9:47 pm

Neil178 wrote:Hi Steve, I just checked out the hotel and it looks to be nice and well situated.
Can you give me an idea of the program please?
I guess Friday is everyone arriving from all points of the compass to sample some ale.
Any late pm rideout on the cards?
What about the Sunday? Are folk setting course home or is there another ride planned?
TIA

Hi Neil

Normally everyone arrives at varying times on the Friday so everyone eats at times to suit them.
Saturday is a run out leaving promptly at 10am (usual rule is empty bladder and full tank :) ) ... .there's a fuel station across from the hotel entrance

Saturday evening is a group dinner

Sunday everyone makes their own way home or deeper into Wales if they're of a mind :D
--
Steve Parry

Current fleet: '14 F800GS, '87 R80RS, '03 R1100S BoxerCup, '15 R1200RT LE Dynamic, '90 K1

Neil178

Postby Neil178 » Tue Jan 16, 2018 4:26 pm

Thanks for that Steve.
How can you possibly start so early on the Saturday if they are still cooking bacon and eggs? Ha!
Looks like a good route you have suggested. I did some riding in Brecon a few years ago and loved it. Except for the one road that was too tricky for me with adverse camber, narrow bends with cars crossing over to my side. I made a note to avoid that one again so nice A roads will let me enjoy the scenery more.
I hope to add my name shortly.

boxerscott

Postby boxerscott » Tue Jan 16, 2018 8:14 pm

Thanks for that Steve and John, Eccentric it is then :)

Not long to go Looking forward to it.

Chris
Fiat Panda.
Fiat Scudo (with speedblock, pipe carrier, reversing sensors, reversing camera, tow bar, some new rust and Fake Plumber logo)

started out with nothing, still have most of it left.

Return to “Boxerbanter”