Garmisch?

Pull up a chair - let's talk Boxerbollox

Moderators: Gromit, Paul, slparry

Neil178

Garmisch?

Postby Neil178 » Mon Jan 22, 2018 9:29 pm

Anyone ever been? I would appreciation any thoughts on it.
Seems like a heck of a way to go for a beer or ten and to look at bikes if It’s not so good, but I have the time this year and looking for reasons to get some miles on the bikes.
I can find camping info for last year but nothing for this year. Sometimes google is a pain. Anyone know if you have to book a pitch in advance?
I’m in Germany for a 3 day rock concert anyway so I could just leave Blighty a week earlier. I could end up spending more on beer than petrol if I’m lucky!

The Teutonic Tangerine

Re: Garmisch?

Postby The Teutonic Tangerine » Tue Jan 23, 2018 10:36 am

I've not been for the Rally but if I had to go I'd rather go now for the Skiing :D
There would appear to be a surfeit of prolixity and sesquipedalian content today please do not use a big word when a singularly un-loquacious and diminutive linguistic expression will satisfactorily accomplish the contemporary necessity

dave the german

Postby dave the german » Tue Jan 23, 2018 1:47 pm

I've been twice. Good atmosphere and worth seeing some of the bikes. I went with Motorrad Tours and made a week of it. Cracking routes but the price is too high. I would try Garmisch tour information for campsites. There are buses running well into the morning and the Saturday night party is a laugh. Any specific questions? Can't promise to know the answer but I'll try my best
'15 R1200GS TE
'06 R1200S
'04 BCR
Yam SR 500 long term restoration
wanna win the lottery and ride my bike

Neil178

Postby Neil178 » Tue Jan 23, 2018 2:30 pm

Not been skiing in years, think I have forgotten how to do it. July probably isn’t the best month for it :D but you have given me an idea TT. A few days up in the mountains enjoying the clear air and a few easy walks could be nice.
Thanks Dave, I checked out the Motorrad tours. £2k and that’s without beer!
A good pointer about the tourist information thanks.I hadn’t thought of that. Doh.
I can’t think of anything else to ask just now. I think I want to do it as it sounded interesting when I first read about it ages ago but work always got in the way.
I mean, beer, bikes, sunshine. What’s not to like?

dave the german

Postby dave the german » Tue Jan 23, 2018 6:41 pm

It's good to just relax and have a walk around - if you have a GS there's loads to buy!! The Motorrad Tours is really well organised with excellent routes and hotels but you end up riding until maybe 5 o clock so you end up in a 5* hotel for the evening and then have to pay for evening meals. The luxury is nice but sometimes a bit over kill. The first time I went was 2013 and it cost about £13 -1400 but it's been increasing every year and for me to go this year and sail from Hull, it was going to cost just short of£ 2400.

A tip for anyone thinking of booking with Motorrad tours for the future is to book the summer prior to the year you want to go - from my experience, the price goes up just in time for the NEC bike show
'15 R1200GS TE

'06 R1200S

'04 BCR

Yam SR 500 long term restoration

wanna win the lottery and ride my bike

Return to “Boxerbanter”