Calling any 1200ST owner.....

Pull up a chair - let's talk Boxerbollox

Moderators: Gromit, Paul, slparry

milleplod

Calling any 1200ST owner.....

Postby milleplod » Sat Feb 03, 2018 1:59 pm

.......if you're still on standard suspension! :)

Having just fitted the new Shock Factory front unit, I've noticed something I need a bit of a hand with. I think the new unit is longer than the original (I didn't measure it before fitting..... :oops: ), which means that, when the bike's on the centrestand, the rear tyre is now only 1/2" off the floor - previously, it was a good 2" clear. I interpret this as the front end having been lifted by the new unit. The new rear unit's length is identical to the old one - I measured that!

If anyone with an ST has the time to spare, could you take a measurement for me of some fixed point at the front to the ground - I'd like to compare it to mine.

Pete
Nocto Diuque Venamur

kfrogzx7

Re: Calling any 1200ST owner.....

Postby kfrogzx7 » Sun Feb 04, 2018 6:16 pm

I'll measure mine sometime Pete, but I do wonder whether it will be a very meaningful figure as there are so many variables ( petrol in tank etc etc ? )?
At the moment I can't easily get my bike out onto level concrete, but as soon as I do I'll get a measurement.
Of course even if two shocks are built to theoretically the same spec, a brand new one would be expected probably compress less than an old one anyway wouldn't it ?
BTW I'm still waiting for my new Nitrons for my 11s, they told me to expect them at the end of January, so I'm getting a wee bit excited :D
Simon.
K100rs, R1100s, R1150rs, R1200st, K1300s

milleplod

Postby milleplod » Sun Feb 04, 2018 8:42 pm

Hi Simon.

Thanks very much. :) I'm hoping for a reply from Mike at SF tomorrow sometime, so I'll report back if I'm worrying over nothing! :lol:

Pete
Nocto Diuque Venamur

ianbcr

Postby ianbcr » Sun Feb 04, 2018 10:46 pm

[quote="kfrogzx7"]
BTW I'm still waiting for my new Nitrons for my 11s, they told me to expect them at the end of January, so I'm getting a wee bit excited :D[/quote]
Simon, As were into February, is that January 19. :roll: :wink:
Your born with a certain amout of heart beats, Dont waste them on exersise. [smilie=rooster.gif]

04 boxer cup rep. Gone but not forgoten
99 tlr1000 (V twin) tricked.
Indian Roadmaster Elite
Mercedes EQC 400

Return to “Boxerbanter”