No Such thing as Bad Weather...

Pull up a chair - let's talk Boxerbollox

Moderators: Gromit, Paul, slparry

Grip Fast

No Such thing as Bad Weather...

Postby Grip Fast » Sun Mar 04, 2018 6:49 pm

...Only inappropriate clothing.

Got well wrapped up yesterday and went for a solo hike across the fields behind our village. Tried to get lost and went off down a path I didn't know. Met the farmer, who said I was the only person he'd seen out, but confirmed I was on the correct route for the circuit back to the village. About 6 miles, and bleak but made me feel much better.

The glove on the pole is one of a pair of Sportex motorcycle gloves I bought when I came back to bikes 21 years ago. Not much good for the bike (pulls off too easily), but been brilliantly hard wearing. Same make and age as my leather bike jeans, and they're still going strong too. Can't find replacements that are so comfortable.

image.jpeg
image.jpeg (236.04 KiB) Viewed 4356 times

image.jpeg
image.jpeg (253.61 KiB) Viewed 4356 times

image.jpeg
image.jpeg (551.17 KiB) Viewed 4356 times

Neil178

Re: No Such thing as Bad Weather...

Postby Neil178 » Mon Mar 05, 2018 7:14 pm

6 miles walking on snow? You must’ve got lost then! :lol:
You have put me to shame. I try and do similar most days but no matter what I wear I still get cold so I’ve been frequenting the coffee shops during this ‘beast’ time.
Normal rountine again this week ...

Grip Fast

Postby Grip Fast » Tue Mar 06, 2018 2:34 pm

Neil178 wrote:6 miles walking on snow? You must’ve got lost then! :lol:
You have put me to shame. I try and do similar most days but no matter what I wear I still get cold so I’ve been frequenting the coffee shops during this ‘beast’ time.
Normal rountine again this week ...

To be fair, it wasn't as cold as it looked. The warm (relative) front had moved in and the snow was melting rapidly.

The Teutonic Tangerine

Postby The Teutonic Tangerine » Thu Mar 08, 2018 1:44 pm

So glad I missed the snow - I was out of the country skiing in California where we had a two day storm that dumped about 5 feet of snow - we had to dig the hire car out twice and fit snow chains. It's true that we don't cope well because we don't get snow regularly - Where we were 80% of people were not even using snow chains on packed snow.
There would appear to be a surfeit of prolixity and sesquipedalian content today please do not use a big word when a singularly un-loquacious and diminutive linguistic expression will satisfactorily accomplish the contemporary necessity

Return to “Boxerbanter”