Carol Nash to Bennetts after 4 years with Carol Nash

Pull up a chair - let's talk Boxerbollox

Moderators: Gromit, Paul, slparry

bild

Carol Nash to Bennetts after 4 years with Carol Nash

Postby bild » Thu Mar 22, 2018 11:04 am

Didn't know where to post this put wanted to share my recent insurance renewal experience .

I've insured through CN for the last 4 years. This year I got an online comparative quote for, new to me, 2006 BMW R1200S. Phoned C N and gave them all bike details and insurance coverage details I wanted. They came back with £187.00 best they could do. Told them the same coverage from Bennett's was £115.96. Agent went away to speak to his supervisor (and eat a sandwich!!) and came back with "I have great news, we can match it!" I said unless they could beat it by £20.00 I was going to go with Bennett's. The agent asked why I expected that, explained that CN was treating me with no respect after being a client for 4 years, Bennett's doesn't know me from Adam so I have insured through them this year.

Sorry to ramble on about this but I think we, the end users, need to share information like this to try and keep the insurance business competitive and not so willing to try and pick our pockets.

I posted this yesterday on UKGSER's and thought I would share it here as well.

Suspect our only defence, being end users of compulsory insurance policies, is to share our good and bad experiences with each other. Suggest we tell the potential providers of insurance that we are members of a web group and we keep each other informed and base our purchases of insurance on that shared information . They do take notice of this. In the past after posting a negative reply I've been contacted by the same insurance companies and been offered a better price. This year I went with Bennett's,

Next year,.................back to square one!!! have to renegotiate all over again.

Suggest we speak up, tell them we are going to post our experiences on the web as part of the insurance purchase process. Think its the only way we can attempt to hold their feet to the fire in an attempt to get reasonable prices.

Your comments please

SP250

Re: Carol Nash to Bennetts after 4 years with Carol Nash

Postby SP250 » Thu Mar 22, 2018 12:18 pm

I agree with all of that.
I was with Devitt for 2 bikes and they doubled the premium for this year and had a 3 bike limit on one policy.
I am now with E Bike for £20 more than the original Devitt price, but a 4 bike limit on the multi bike policy.
So I can add the two undergoing rebuilds when they are finished.
John M

HarrisBikeNut

Postby HarrisBikeNut » Thu Mar 22, 2018 2:12 pm

Had similar poor response from Carole Nash when I looked to renew my current policy. I've got 4 bikes ranging from my BCR to a K1200LT. Their renewal was much higher than expected, especially when I searched other insurers. I eventually renewed with BeWiser who were very good but it seems, as with all things (energy, home insurance, banks etc) there is no loyalty to customers thus leading to no loyalty FROM customers. It almost seems that the insurance industry doesn't care about keeping existing customers and is only interested in grabbing new customers who then may jump ship a year later! :idea: :?: :?:

How is this a good way to run a business??????
2003 Randy Mamola BCR
2004 K1200LT
2003 Multistrada 1000
CB500S (sold)
ZZR1100 project.
1995 K1100RS

"It's not the size of the dog in the fight, it's the size of fight in the dog!"

Grip Fast

Postby Grip Fast » Thu Mar 22, 2018 5:02 pm

Agree with most (all?) of what's been said. I resigned myself to changing bike & car insurer every two years, though I think I'm in my third or fourth year with Bennetts because they were still competitive.

I swapped car insurance provider (again) this year, and was pleasantly surprised that they can now verify my no claims discount electronically. So using go-compare-the-meerkat-supermarket.com, all my details were automatically passed to the insurer and they confirmed the NCD online. Job done. Phoned no one, and didn't need to fax or email anything. General Accident is my new car insurer - haven't been with them for about 200 years (probably insured my Morris 1000 with them in 1968).

Boxered
Route Master

Postby Boxered » Thu Mar 22, 2018 9:57 pm

Absolutely agree that there is no loyalty with Ins companies, My FiL just had his renewal come through from AgeUK (Aegis), he's been with them for 6 years and just automatically renewed each year, this time around they are asking £965 :shock: , so we did the comparison site thing, and without picking the cheapest but making sure he has like for like cover, we got it at £408 with General Accident.
A couple of days after the renewal date he received a letter to the Executors of Mr FiL, passing on their condolences on his death :shock:

Steve
Well-weathered leather
Hot metal and oil
The scented country air
Sunlight on chrome
The blur of the landscape
Every nerve aware

Return to “Boxerbanter”