Old Friends

Pull up a chair - let's talk Boxerbollox

Moderators: Gromit, Paul, slparry

herrman
Trixter Tour Manager

Old Friends

Postby herrman » Sun Mar 25, 2018 6:49 pm

Spent this weekend in Buxton along with Alan (in the car :( and whilst walking around this lunchtime had a tap on the shoulder, Turned round to see Rossy1100s (Geoff) He is still with us and doing as well as can be hoped for. Still has his bike although has had his licence taken away.
Anyways he asked me to say hi to you all from him and just to let you know how he is.

Peter.

Boxered
Route Master

Re: Old Friends

Postby Boxered » Sun Mar 25, 2018 10:59 pm

That is fantastic news Peter, Geoff is often in our thoughts and I have texted Keith a few times to check on his progress, but alas either Keith has changed his number or I got it wrong to start with, Geoff is a lovely bloke who loves his family, is very friendly and a delight to be called a mate, I'm so pleased to hear that he is out and about living his life to the full and I look forward to seeing him on a trixter weekend soon :D

Thanks for the update Peter

Steve and Julie
Well-weathered leather
Hot metal and oil
The scented country air
Sunlight on chrome
The blur of the landscape
Every nerve aware

boxerscott

Postby boxerscott » Sun Mar 25, 2018 11:13 pm

Boxered wrote:That is fantastic news Peter, Geoff is often in our thoughts and I have texted Keith a few times to check on his progress, but alas either Keith has changed his number or I got it wrong to start with, Geoff is a lovely bloke who loves his family, is very friendly and a delight to be called a mate, I'm so pleased to hear that he is out and about living his life to the full and I look forward to seeing him on a trixter weekend soon :D

Thanks for the update Peter

Steve and Julie
Steve, agree with your sentiments entirely. I often wondered how Geoff was getting along, got timid to ask, what does one say? That must have been one helluva pleasant surprise for Peter.

Geoff if you are still browsing around this site... keep on keepin on! It would be really nice to catch up.

Chris
Fiat Panda.
Fiat Scudo (with speedblock, pipe carrier, reversing sensors, reversing camera, tow bar, some new rust and Fake Plumber logo)

started out with nothing, still have most of it left.

Rossy1100S

Postby Rossy1100S » Mon Mar 26, 2018 3:35 pm

Hi everyone, thanks for the best wishes, it was a real boost to see Peter (Herrman) again yesterday in Buxton
We had spent a day nearby at a nice hotel with some friends

Really miss the Boxertrix weekends with such a special bunch of people

I have had a rough year, 42 days chemo and 30 consecutive days of radiotherapy at the start, followed by almost a year of 'maintenance' chemo, not sure what happens after that

Anyway, being positive seems to help and I try to carry on with my life, but I always feel a bit knackered these days

I miss the bike a lot and wish I could ride it, but it's just too big now. Ste who some of you met at last years Welsh weekend is my pilot now and we have planned to go to the TT, condition permitting, definitely on my bucket list

I'll try to post a bit more often with updates, just been mad busy that's all

A massive thanks to Peter for posting that he had met me, it made my day

Best wishes
Geoff

slparry

Postby slparry » Mon Mar 26, 2018 5:07 pm

Great to hear from you Geoff, it's a tough battle but it sounds like you're over the worst?

Very best wishes

Steve
--
Steve Parry

Current fleet: '14 F800GS, '87 R80RS, '03 R1100S BoxerCup, '15 R1200RT LE Dynamic, '90 K1

popsky

Postby popsky » Mon Mar 26, 2018 5:37 pm

Hi Geoff, really good to hear from you, hope things keep improving and remember there’s always space on a BT weekend even if it does mean 4 wheels.
Phil.

R1200S and loving it !

Hoch Bergstraßenjäger…………………………………

Rossy1100S

Postby Rossy1100S » Mon Mar 26, 2018 6:26 pm

Cheers Steve and Phil :lol:

Return to “Boxerbanter”