MotoGP - no spoiler

Pull up a chair - let's talk Boxerbollox

Moderators: Gromit, Paul, slparry

Grip Fast

MotoGP - no spoiler

Postby Grip Fast » Sun Apr 08, 2018 8:03 pm

Well it had everything! Controversy (lots of), great racing, manic racing, penalties (all against the same racer), and a well-deserved win. Oh, and more controversy.

I thought it was brilliant, memorable, edge of the seat, swear at the screen, not-good-for-the-blood-pressure stuff, and fist-pump jumping up and down ending. And I'm known for being a calm, unflappable, unemotional bloke.

Yes, it wasn't a bad race. :shock:

That's just my opinion btw.

GRAgusta

Re: MotoGP - no spoiler

Postby GRAgusta » Sun Apr 08, 2018 8:42 pm

it was a fantastic weekend, the performance of Jack Miller yesterday was outstanding .... and what happened today was WOW, and I hope we have not heard the end of it .......
Gawaine

2003 R1100S
2007 MV Agusta F4 1000R
2013 Ducati Diavel Hers
2023 Motorrad R1250RS SE

2020 911 992 C2SC

popsky

Postby popsky » Sun Apr 08, 2018 9:02 pm

Just watched it, what a race, great podium and an even better win, and there’s still 17 to go……
Phil.

R1200S and loving it !

Hoch Bergstraßenjäger…………………………………

boxerscott

Postby boxerscott » Sun Apr 08, 2018 9:07 pm

Aye, certainly controversial and another pathetic performance from race control. It was Amateur, if I was a sponsor I would be demanding that race control resign. Honestly it was cringe worthy. Mike Web is clueless. He should go, he also should go on a diet cos he is ruining the reputation of the trustworthy, competent Fat Controller from Thomas The Tank Engine and Friends. I always thought fat Controllers were competent persons. My life has been ruined by Mr Webs interpretation of the great man from Sodor. These fxxkin idiots make it up as they go along. A massive embarrassment. Mr Web and friends RESIGN you are not fit and proper custodians of a rule book in any shape or form. Massive respect to Jack Miller for restoring the faith in Aussie spirit after sandpaper gate.

:?
Fiat Panda.
Fiat Scudo (with speedblock, pipe carrier, reversing sensors, reversing camera, tow bar, some new rust and Fake Plumber logo)

started out with nothing, still have most of it left.

Grip Fast

Postby Grip Fast » Sun Apr 08, 2018 9:14 pm

boxerscott wrote:Aye, certainly controversial and another pathetic performance from race control. It was Amateur, if I was a sponsor I would be demanding that race control resign. Honestly it was cringe worthy. Mike Web is clueless. He should go, he also should go on a diet cos he is ruining the reputation of the trustworthy, competent Fat Controller from Thomas The Tank Engine and Friends. I always thought fat Controllers were competent persons. My life has been ruined by Mr Webs interpretation of the great man from Sodor. These fxxkin idiots make it up as they go along. A massive embarrassment. Mr Web and friends RESIGN you are not fit and proper custodians of a rule book in any shape or form. Massive respect to Jack Miller for restoring the faith in Aussie spirit after sandpaper gate.

So, did ye enjoy it then? :-)

Agree - massive respect to Jack Miller.

Mitch1100

Postby Mitch1100 » Sun Apr 08, 2018 11:50 pm

2009 HP2 Sport...sold
2006 R1200s with yellow rim tape
2008 Ducati Monster S4RS Tricolore..sold
2004 R1100s BoxerCup Replika..sold
2006 Subaru WRX STI S204 #318/600

boxerscott

Postby boxerscott » Mon Apr 09, 2018 7:45 am

Grip Fast wrote:
boxerscott wrote:Aye, certainly controversial and another pathetic performance from race control. It was Amateur, if I was a sponsor I would be demanding that race control resign. Honestly it was cringe worthy. Mike Web is clueless. He should go, he also should go on a diet cos he is ruining the reputation of the trustworthy, competent Fat Controller from Thomas The Tank Engine and Friends. I always thought fat Controllers were competent persons. My life has been ruined by Mr Webs interpretation of the great man from Sodor. These fxxkin idiots make it up as they go along. A massive embarrassment. Mr Web and friends RESIGN you are not fit and proper custodians of a rule book in any shape or form. Massive respect to Jack Miller for restoring the faith in Aussie spirit after sandpaper gate.

So, did ye enjoy it then? :-)

Agree - massive respect to Jack Miller.
It entertained for the wrong reasons a perverse glee at watching fatty cock things up massively. Injustice to Team Pramac. What the hell would they have done is say the grid back marker was on slicks and stayed on the grid.? The race should have started and the racers then would be expected to behave accordingly exiting pit lane. Web and co should go. I do have a suspicion that the riders themselves collectively have guilty knowledge for trying their best to get a grid restart. It was not a great advert for how to run a global televised event.
Last edited by boxerscott on Mon Apr 09, 2018 8:32 am, edited 1 time in total.
Fiat Panda.
Fiat Scudo (with speedblock, pipe carrier, reversing sensors, reversing camera, tow bar, some new rust and Fake Plumber logo)

started out with nothing, still have most of it left.

Grip Fast

Postby Grip Fast » Mon Apr 09, 2018 8:23 am

"a perverse glee"

That's a good phrase. Sums up the mix of "oh ffs" and "this'll be a hell of a race now" I felt at the start.

popsky

Postby popsky » Mon Apr 09, 2018 8:49 am

I agree that the track officials did wrong but did there meddling ultimately help to give us one of the most exiting races and a fantastic top 4. Pramac have every reason to feel agreaved but would the result be different if all the other riders had started from pit lane, Marquez would have probably been first into the first bend and then carried on to win by a mile.
Phil.

R1200S and loving it !

Hoch Bergstraßenjäger…………………………………

Return to “Boxerbanter”