p xing

Pull up a chair - let's talk Boxerbollox

Moderators: Gromit, Paul, slparry

boxerscott

p xing

Postby boxerscott » Sun Apr 29, 2018 11:12 pm

I had a brief look through Bits and bobs and saw the usual after market add ons for sale for a bcr. It would appear that the seller is p exing the bike.

I am curious why would anyone would do that? even if it were an absolute dog private sale would realize more cash than p exing?

Weird world.

Chris
Fiat Panda.
Fiat Scudo (with speedblock, pipe carrier, reversing sensors, reversing camera, tow bar, some new rust and Fake Plumber logo)

started out with nothing, still have most of it left.

milleplod

Re: p xing

Postby milleplod » Mon Apr 30, 2018 6:00 am

I suppose it all depends on what price you have in mind for your bike. My mate p/ex'd his '53 plate VFR800 against a brand new VFR at the local main dealer. I was all prepared to advertise it for him on Bike Trader/eBay for a price of £2.5k, with him happy to drop that to £2.2/2.3k. The dealer offered him £2.5k, and a nice discount on the bike and the extras he wanted.

Pete
Nocto Diuque Venamur

Al

Postby Al » Mon Apr 30, 2018 11:51 am

The other advantage of part ex is you don't have to meet the tyre kickers, will you swap it for... want to buy it for my cousin but away on a ship at the moment scammers and general f***wits who frequent the ads pages these days.

Al.
White/red BMW R1200R Sport
Shiny Red Honda Civic
Shiny Silver MR2 vvti Roadster. Going to be sold
White Peugeot Boxer Camper Conversion.
Battle scarred Suzuki Burgman 125,(Mrs Als) going to be sold
Suzuki VanVan 125

slparry

Postby slparry » Mon Apr 30, 2018 2:33 pm

Al wrote:The other advantage of part ex is you don't have to meet the tyre kickers, will you swap it for... want to buy it for my cousin but away on a ship at the moment scammers and general f***wits who frequent the ads pages these days.

Al.

welcome to my world ;)
--
Steve Parry

Current fleet: '14 F800GS, '87 R80RS, '03 R1100S BoxerCup, '15 R1200RT LE Dynamic, '90 K1

Grip Fast

Postby Grip Fast » Mon Apr 30, 2018 6:45 pm

I hate selling or buying privately, and just don't want to go through the hassle any more - I'm with Al on that one. I still have my R1200S because I couldn't get an acceptable px deal, and I couldn't face selling it privately. But I got a very good deal when I bought my Tiger 800 from a dealer (paid cash and dropped the px), and I still have the R12S in reserve for fun trips out, so all is fine.

boxerscott

Postby boxerscott » Tue May 01, 2018 11:20 pm

Yep. I hear all that. Personally never experienced it. Sold privately and bought privately. Never had a problem. Tyre kickers and the like ? it`s a myth as far as private sales are concerned and as Steve says that`s a dealer issue. If a dealer is going to offer more than you THINK you can sell it privately for.. possibly, then ,your estimation may be up the spout.
Fiat Panda.
Fiat Scudo (with speedblock, pipe carrier, reversing sensors, reversing camera, tow bar, some new rust and Fake Plumber logo)

started out with nothing, still have most of it left.

Return to “Boxerbanter”