Dont think I'm a boxer person

Pull up a chair - let's talk Boxerbollox

Moderators: Gromit, Paul, slparry

stevesilver

Dont think I'm a boxer person

Postby stevesilver » Mon May 07, 2018 1:18 pm

After all the problems I had over the winter with my R1100S I think I have fallen out of love with it.

It's the first twin "big Bike" I've owned, and after 2 years of mostly enjoyable riding I don't think its for me.
I'm going to back to big Jap 4 pots.

I can't actually put my finger on what I don't like, I mean it handles so well and the brakes are bllody superb.
Its a combination of a few things I think, like the vibration at tick over, because its a twin too much engine braking and a lack of power, I need "oh fu#k" when whacking the throttle open.

Anyhow I'm gonna to post it here for sale if I can figure out how to put pictures up, i just wanted to say a massive thanks to all of you for all the advice and tips I had from this fantastic forum.

Cheers folks

Grip Fast

Re: Dont think I'm a boxer person

Postby Grip Fast » Mon May 07, 2018 6:54 pm

That's a shame, but it wouldn't do if we all liked the same things. Most of why you don't like big twins is exactly why I love them. I've only had one four-pot (a V-4) and it was definitely way too many pots for me, so I didn't keep it long. I even find my Tiger 800 triple a bit revvy & buzzy.

So the question is, what might you go for after the disappointment of the big twin experiment? What do you fancy?

stevesilver

Postby stevesilver » Tue May 08, 2018 10:30 am

Yep, we all different, good job too....

At the moment I fancy a ZX12R, I want sports but needs to be a bit roomy, the 11S riding position is perfect, handles so well too, just lacks the warp factor acceleration I love.

Gixxer 1000's would be on my list but i think it would be as cramped as my RRV blade I had.
That was the best bike ever, but got cramp pretty much as soon as i set off, due to being unflexible and old :D

popsky

Postby popsky » Tue May 08, 2018 10:51 am

I should have thought 2 years ownership is a good evaluation time, I had a Buell 2 days before I sold it lol, have you thought about a XR1000? But there’s plenty of fast more upright (comfy) bikes out there, good luck with whatever you decide
Phil.

R1200S and loving it !

Hoch Bergstraßenjäger…………………………………

BoxerCup R

Postby BoxerCup R » Tue May 08, 2018 11:02 am

Now then Steve

I'm with you Mate, I'm just not a twin fan and that was confirmed when I had a BMW S1000R Sports as a courtesy bike a couple of weeks ago and I've bought one :wink:

Good luck with getting back on an inline four 8)
"02 Yamaha XJR 1300SP in Kenny Roberts Yellow - (bought new)
"18 BMW S1000R Sports - (bought new)

"11 Porsche Boxster 987 S Black Edition No.261 of 987

Neil178

Postby Neil178 » Tue May 08, 2018 9:37 pm

At least you tried the 1100 and I hope you will wave as you zoom by us!
I just don’t have enough self control to have a fast bike again although it was a buzz.
It didn’t make sense unless I was at warp speed and the prospect of jail was a worry. Now it’s just losing my licence and a fine. I can cope with that! Best of luck Steve.

boxerscott

Postby boxerscott » Tue May 08, 2018 10:26 pm

stevesilver wrote:Yep, we all different, good job too....

At the moment I fancy a ZX12R, I want sports but needs to be a bit roomy, the 11S riding position is perfect, handles so well too, just lacks the warp factor acceleration I love.
ZX12R there`s a blast from the past. Certainly got plenty of mumbo to satisfy your cravings :)

BTW all of the big twins of the r1100s era were lumpy , snatchy and tedious at slow speed urban riding, not just boxers. In contrast the new lc boxers are in a different league performance wise and price wise.

Good luck! A change is as good as a rest.

Chris
Fiat Panda.
Fiat Scudo (with speedblock, pipe carrier, reversing sensors, reversing camera, tow bar, some new rust and Fake Plumber logo)

started out with nothing, still have most of it left.

Return to “Boxerbanter”