Watch yourself in Spain ...

Pull up a chair - let's talk Boxerbollox

Moderators: Gromit, Paul, slparry

GerryB

Watch yourself in Spain ...

Postby GerryB » Thu May 17, 2018 5:09 pm

I'm told its Mad May ....

I live in a tiny village inland from Torrevieja .

Today I had to head down towards the coast to get some stuff to finish my pergola I'm building ...

It certainly is Mad May , 2 near miss head-on collisions today , with Brits who think its their right to drive on the left hand side of the road here in Spain.

If you are out and about , keep your wits about you , because the Mad May Brits are on the roads ......

Last week a Brit biker on tour head-on into a car, driver stopped, couldn't move off the road, barrier was there , and the biker just kept going straight into the car ....
Not good , ambos and police on the scene within minutes , no idea what the outcome was .

Saw a local knocked off his bike today too, another GB plate car driving around a blind bend on wrong side of the road, car sped off ...

Witnesses reported number plate .

Biker off to hospital , bike smashed up ....

Local Guardia said he suspects driver was pissed , saw the car earlier at a local bar .

Especially if you are on 2 wheels guys , please be super wary ....
Old man ... now .
Ex Off Road & Enduro Rider...

Britisherspy

Re: Watch yourself in Spain ...

Postby Britisherspy » Wed May 30, 2018 3:59 pm

Just back from Tenerife, rented a Pegaso for the day, second nature to ride on the other side of the road. Next day rented a Fiat Panda and did the same route up Mt Teide, and motorway to Santa Cruz, never been so scared in a car!

Return to “Boxerbanter”