such a perfect day

Pull up a chair - let's talk Boxerbollox

Moderators: Gromit, Paul, slparry

boxerscott

such a perfect day

Postby boxerscott » Sat Jun 09, 2018 10:18 pm

aye, as of the Lou Reed sentiments, it really has! Sublime summer weather, few hours in the garden, a couple at work and then donned my Kushitani power ranger suit and other adornments to give the best bike I have ever owned a thorough pasting on the brilliant , unrivalled Scottish roads on my doorstep. My brilliant gsxr 750 k5 anni setting me back a whopping £4k is fast growing on me as a keeper.

The question I ask in defiance to all the shite that is posted on gsxr forums is, Holy moly what the fcuk is a man made of that can max out a thou on the road...

Chris
Fiat Panda.
Fiat Scudo (with speedblock, pipe carrier, reversing sensors, reversing camera, tow bar, some new rust and Fake Plumber logo)

started out with nothing, still have most of it left.

nab 301

Re: such a perfect day

Postby nab 301 » Mon Jun 11, 2018 7:35 pm

Back in the mists of time didn't one of the magazines hook up data logging software to one of those 1 litre bikes , they then gave the bike to some "ordinary " ( aka non roadtester staff members ) and from memory less than half throttle was used ?

Keep smiling, it makes people wonder what you've been up to!
1999 R1100s (mandarin) '
2018 DL 250V Strom
2019 CB125F Honda.
MZ301 Saxon Fun ( currently retired)
'03 Bullet 65 project..

slparry

Postby slparry » Mon Jun 11, 2018 7:45 pm

boxerscott wrote:aye, as of the Lou Reed sentiments, it really has! Sublime summer weather, few hours in the garden, a couple at work and then donned my Kushitani power ranger suit and other adornments to give the best bike I have ever owned a thorough pasting on the brilliant , unrivalled Scottish roads on my doorstep. My brilliant gsxr 750 k5 anni setting me back a whopping £4k is fast growing on me as a keeper.

The question I ask in defiance to all the shite that is posted on gsxr forums is, Holy moly what the fcuk is a man made of that can max out a thou on the road...

Chris

Recently had a customer in professing his prowess over all things 2 wheel, and how his jap sports bike was easily tamed and that an S1000RR would be easy meat to his expertise, and could he have it without that stupid traction control ......

He collected his bike Tuesday ..... wrote it off Wednesday having turned off the traction .... unless your name's Hutchinson or Dunlop leave the fucking traction on eh :)
--
Steve Parry

Current fleet: '14 F800GS, '87 R80RS, '03 R1100S BoxerCup, '15 R1200RT LE Dynamic, '90 K1

boxerscott

Postby boxerscott » Mon Jun 11, 2018 9:42 pm

Steve in the list of high profile riders you forgot to mention Bertie Big Bollocks :lol:

Your post sums it up succinctly.

Please tell was the s100rr a considered cash purchase or was It " a deal one could not refuse" (PCP)
Fiat Panda.
Fiat Scudo (with speedblock, pipe carrier, reversing sensors, reversing camera, tow bar, some new rust and Fake Plumber logo)

slparry

Postby slparry » Mon Jun 11, 2018 9:54 pm

boxerscott wrote:Steve in the list of high profile riders you forgot to mention Bertie Big Bollocks :lol:

Please tell was the s100rr a considered cash purchase or was It " a deal one could not refuse" (PCP)

PCP ... without gap insurance :(
--
Steve Parry

Current fleet: '14 F800GS, '87 R80RS, '03 R1100S BoxerCup, '15 R1200RT LE Dynamic, '90 K1

boxerscott

Postby boxerscott » Tue Jun 12, 2018 8:24 am

slparry wrote:
boxerscott wrote:Steve in the list of high profile riders you forgot to mention Bertie Big Bollocks :lol:

PCP ... without gap insurance :(
How unfortunate.

Chris
Fiat Panda.

Return to “Boxerbanter”