Back on the bike stopped by Plod

Pull up a chair - let's talk Boxerbollox

Moderators: Gromit, Paul, slparry

Valhalla

Back on the bike stopped by Plod

Postby Valhalla » Sat Jun 16, 2018 1:01 pm

Well I have been back on the bike for a few months now after my high-side back in Oct 2017.

On the way home from work yesterday I was pulled in by a member of Essex motorcycle plod for 37mph in a 30mph area. He was well hidden and to be honest I was only doing 37mph because I had just changed gear after turning into the road.

With some advice about speed etc and a word of encouragement to try some advanced training I was allowed to return to my ride home. I think my age and the fact that he could see I was not a tearaway youth allowed him to just give me a slap and nothing more.

However it makes you think had is have been plod in a car might I have been given a fine and some training instead?????

Valhalla.

popsky

Re: Back on the bike stopped by Plod

Postby popsky » Sat Jun 16, 2018 5:22 pm

That’s the best thing with a real life police, they can make a judgmet call, and a good one in your case, where as a camera there and you’d have points plus a fine. We’re you on the Racer ?
Phil.

R1200S and loving it !

Hoch Bergstraßenjäger…………………………………

Humbug

Postby Humbug » Sat Jun 16, 2018 5:29 pm

Give me a Plod in person every time. I have been subjected to a deserved ear bashing and nothing more a couple of times in my riding career. 9 points from cameras on deserted motorways at between 11pm and 3am in the morning over a 5 year period.
10 KTM RC8

BoxerCup R

Postby BoxerCup R » Sun Jun 17, 2018 7:03 am

I agree with popsky and Humbug and the same has happened to me ref Cameras and plod, Happy Days :D
"02 Yamaha XJR 1300SP in Kenny Roberts Yellow - (bought new)
"18 BMW S1000R Sports - (bought new)

"11 Porsche Boxster 987 S Black Edition No.261 of 987

adam

Postby adam » Tue Jun 19, 2018 11:40 am

Once you pass 'The Attitude Test', I've found most of the Plod who've stopped me for 'advice' to be pretty reasonable fellas. Once, in N.Wales, a Copper even apologised for his Chief Constable (Dick head Brunstrom - some years ago) for bringing them into disrepute by pulling bike needlessly :lol:

Return to “Boxerbanter”