Hello

Pull up a chair - let's talk Boxerbollox

Moderators: Gromit, Paul, slparry

Herb

Hello

Postby Herb » Sat Jul 07, 2018 7:21 am

Hi,

Remember me? Just checking in. Sold my 1200s last year and bought a KTM which was a pile of crap. Sold it last night, now in the market for a speed triple.

I like to drop in here now and again, as this is still my favourite forum. Hope everyone is ok!

Jim.
********Jim********
---------------------------
2006 'Colgate' R1200s

GerryB

Re: Hello

Postby GerryB » Sat Jul 07, 2018 9:34 am

I'd say you always be welcome .

Strangely some of our "brudders" seem to be so stuck up their own importance, they can't welcome fellow riders.

However , this forum is one of the friendliest out there .

So , feel free to mooch along when ever you feel like connecting to genuine good guys .
Old man ... now .
Ex Off Road & Enduro Rider...

popsky

Postby popsky » Sat Jul 07, 2018 9:53 pm

Hello Herb, always welcome m8 :D
Phil.

R1200S and loving it !

Hoch Bergstraßenjäger…………………………………

Neil178

Postby Neil178 » Mon Jul 09, 2018 9:29 pm

Hello Herb, I didn’t know you left! Of course I remember you and it’s always nice to see familiar names here.
I haven’t ridden the trumpet but I always read good things about them. Let us know how you get on please?
I don’t see why you can’t regale us with tales of daring do on whatever bike you get.
What was disappointing about the KTM?

boxerscott

Postby boxerscott » Mon Jul 09, 2018 11:12 pm

Herb wrote:Hi,

Remember me? Just checking in. Sold my 1200s last year and bought a KTM which was a pile of crap. Sold it last night, now in the market for a speed triple.

I like to drop in here now and again, as this is still my favourite forum. Hope everyone is ok!

Jim.
I`m fine thanks Jim. I was amused at your reference category re the KTM. Did you enthuse such to the new owner :lol:

I wonder how many seller thought balloons containing such adjectives have floated off into the Ether whilst prospective new owner looks gooey eyed at the pile of crap!!

Funny.

Chris
Fiat Panda.
Fiat Scudo (with speedblock, pipe carrier, reversing sensors, reversing camera, tow bar, some new rust and Fake Plumber logo)

started out with nothing, still have most of it left.

Herb

Postby Herb » Tue Jul 10, 2018 3:21 pm

boxerscott wrote:
Herb wrote:Hi,

Jim.
I`m fine thanks Jim. I was amused at your reference category re the KTM. Did you enthuse such to the new owner :lol:

I wonder how many seller thought balloons containing such adjectives have floated off into the Ether whilst prospective new owner looks gooey eyed at the pile of crap!!

Funny.

Chris

I described it honestly on eBay and priced for a quick sale. Was bought by a Polish dealer who comes over once a week and buys 5 bikes at a time, so my conscience is clear. Lol
********Jim********

2006 'Colgate' R1200s

Herb

Postby Herb » Tue Jul 10, 2018 3:25 pm

Here is the triumph I bought. Very impressed so far!

Sounds nice! Mint condition. The engine is very good too. As good as I'd hoped from the reviews. Time to start working on them chicken strips.

********Jim********

2006 'Colgate' R1200s

boxerscott

Postby boxerscott » Tue Jul 10, 2018 8:46 pm

Looks good. Clean bike, Enjoy :)

Chris
Fiat Panda.
Fiat Scudo (with speedblock, pipe carrier, reversing sensors, reversing camera, tow bar, some new rust and Fake Plumber logo)

started out with nothing, still have most of it left.

Return to “Boxerbanter”