Great news people :D

Pull up a chair - let's talk Boxerbollox

Moderators: Gromit, Paul, slparry

slparry

Great news people :D

Postby slparry » Fri Jul 27, 2018 2:43 pm

All new BMW bikes registered 1st August onwards will get 3 years warranty and European emergency cover
--
Steve Parry

Current fleet: '14 F800GS, '87 R80RS, '03 R1100S BoxerCup, '15 R1200RT LE Dynamic, '90 K1

Neil178

Re: Great news people :D

Postby Neil178 » Fri Jul 27, 2018 4:58 pm

I take it that’s ongoing Steve and not a short term offer? Hasn’t the USA been 3 years for a while? It does make it a sweeter deal for sure.

slparry

Postby slparry » Fri Jul 27, 2018 6:28 pm

Neil178 wrote:I take it that’s ongoing Steve and not a short term offer? Hasn’t the USA been 3 years for a while? It does make it a sweeter deal for sure.

Yes ongoing, and yes the USA has had 3 years, but there's was limited to 60000 miles (I think). As far as I know ours is unlimited mileage
--
Steve Parry

Current fleet: '14 F800GS, '87 R80RS, '03 R1100S BoxerCup, '15 R1200RT LE Dynamic, '90 K1

wicker

Postby wicker » Fri Jul 27, 2018 7:23 pm

Since BMW Approved started having a 2 year warranty and Euro cover there did not seem much advantage being the first owner when you could pick up a low miles used version for less money.

boxerscott

Postby boxerscott » Fri Jul 27, 2018 10:43 pm

wicker wrote:Since BMW Approved started having a 2 year warranty and Euro cover there did not seem much advantage being the first owner when you could pick up a low miles used version for less money.
Great news my arse. Much as I love you Steve you sell bmw bikes, T and c`s will apply. Logical thinking but it does not work like that. Some people do not want other peoples unloved, PCP comes into play, Repos come into play. Dealers have a lot of unaffordable stuff coming back in from those who can not pay their "best ever deals" monthly rental. Renting bikes does not work long time. It is a short term thing. There is a glut of unaffordable rentals coming back into dealerships, unlike cars the bike and the racehorse are the first thing to go when faced with hard times. We are hardly in another false boom, thankfully. These factors squeeze the manufacturers marketing man to come up with more bullshit to bamboozle working class bike rider who can not afford 15k plus on a new bike. It`s bollox, do not spend more than you earn, that is safe, :wink: C`mon guys get with the programme stop signing up for these Peter Pan pcp deals. then the new bike prices will drop like a stone.
Fiat Panda.
Fiat Scudo (with speedblock, pipe carrier, reversing sensors, reversing camera, tow bar, some new rust and Fake Plumber logo)

started out with nothing, still have most of it left.

ted

Postby ted » Fri Jul 27, 2018 11:58 pm

Surely if your into buying new bikes a longer warranty is s better package than a shorter one? Isn't Kia's 7 year car warranty why a lot of people buy them?

iandunn1100ss

Postby iandunn1100ss » Fri Aug 03, 2018 4:07 pm

boxerscott wrote:
wicker wrote:Since BMW Approved started having a 2 year warranty and Euro cover there did not seem much advantage being the first owner when you could pick up a low miles used version for less money.
Great news my arse. Much as I love you Steve you sell bmw bikes, T and c`s will apply. Logical thinking but it does not work like that. Some people do not want other peoples unloved, PCP comes into play, Repos come into play. Dealers have a lot of unaffordable stuff coming back in from those who can not pay their "best ever deals" monthly rental. Renting bikes does not work long time. It is a short term thing. There is a glut of unaffordable rentals coming back into dealerships, unlike cars the bike and the racehorse are the first thing to go when faced with hard times. We are hardly in another false boom, thankfully. These factors squeeze the manufacturers marketing man to come up with more bullshit to bamboozle working class bike rider who can not afford 15k plus on a new bike. It`s bollox, do not spend more than you earn, that is safe, :wink: C`mon guys get with the programme stop signing up for these Peter Pan pcp deals. then the new bike prices will drop like a stone.

Totally with you here. The most I have ever spent on a bike was 7k on my first r1100s in 2003. I will not / can not afford to pay the massive amount of money that BMW and other brands want for the lastest big thing. Couple or 3 grand is my limit and I have bought some lovely bikes for that money. A extra year would not get me buying,get the prices back into the real world please.
Ian
Bmw r1100s 02 frost blue,bmw r1100s 03 blue,Yamaha tmax500 03 silver
Honda fireblade rrx 98 orange and bronze,aprilia rs250 01 black and red,aprilia rsv milie 99 black and silver

Return to “Boxerbanter”