Todays F1 no spoiler

Pull up a chair - let's talk Boxerbollox

Moderators: Gromit, Paul, slparry

boxerscott

Todays F1 no spoiler

Postby boxerscott » Sun Aug 26, 2018 10:31 pm

So on a dull dampish day in Jed I put my feet up to watch some motorcycle racing from the sunny climes of Northamptonshire, or so I anticipated, What a farce, supposedly a world class event held on a flat track recently re surfaced... that floods in certain areas. Listening to all the stuff that the commentators have to ad lib with and then getting bored and thanking my lucky stars I was not one of the punters freezing and getting soaked to death I abandoned ship and watched f1 until I fell asleep. I saw the shocking Alonso launch however and this
got me thinking, on older circuits are todays machines far too powerful? Not just cars but bikes also?

Chris.
Fiat Panda.
Fiat Scudo (with speedblock, pipe carrier, reversing sensors, reversing camera, tow bar, some new rust and Fake Plumber logo)

started out with nothing, still have most of it left.

Grip Fast

Re: Todays F1 no spoiler

Postby Grip Fast » Mon Aug 27, 2018 8:03 am

I live a few miles from the track, and it persisted down all day, but in spite of all the evidence to the contrary, I believed them when they kept saying it would clear up enough to race. What amazed me was how they kept the show going for so long before it eventually descended into farcical silliness when they ran out of sensible ideas. I did keep half an eye on it just in case a race took place.

It was interesting which racers wanted to race (those who could see a chance of brief glory if the top guys couldn't handle the wet), and those who didn't (fear of wrecking their season/lead).

Didn't watch F1 but that was some crash, looking at photos on news.

Return to “Boxerbanter”