Cyclists

Pull up a chair - let's talk Boxerbollox

Moderators: Gromit, Paul, slparry

Grip Fast

Re: Cyclists

Postby Grip Fast » Fri Sep 07, 2018 12:14 pm

I'm a cyclist and have been for nearly 60 years. I agree that cyclists who cause danger or are inconsiderate to other road users, especially pedestrians, should be brought to task (trouble is lack of beat bobbies to do so). I would also like to see the very dangerous attitude to cyclists by a minority of car and lorry drivers dealt with. I regularly have cars passing way to close - wing mirrors skimming past my elbow.

I'm old enough and ugly enough to let it wash, but my son, who is also a cyclist, has some horror stories of aggression by car drivers and passengers, and I know he is not cycling in any way that should cause offence. He was slapped on the back by a car passenger recently and also driven at when waiting to turn right at a junction. That is just not good enough.

And I don't see what business it is of anyone's what a cyclist chooses to wear when cycling. That seems to be totally beside the point.

ted

Postby ted » Fri Sep 07, 2018 3:21 pm

Its a fact, us motorcyclists never break the law, never speed or make excessive noise and always abide to the highway code to the letter. Despite all that, we are still subjected to prejudices by society for behaviour based on mostly on the views of a few halfwits in the media. Near to us, there is only one petrol station who will serve me like anyone else, the rest ask me to either prepay or at least remove my helmet as its obvious that all motorcyclists are thieves and will drive off without paying!

Luckily those in the media have moved on from us and onto cyclists but im sure we will be back on the agenda soon :D

boxerscott

Postby boxerscott » Fri Sep 07, 2018 10:57 pm

andy griff wrote:
boxerscott wrote:They seem happy to ride two abreast and hold up traffic. Total wnakers. I feel sick in my mouth when I see an old sweaty ass hole clad in lycra. They are disgusting. Totally agree with all the negatives re mamils , however a nice pert female booty clad in lycra is a different kettle of fish . :)

About your diversity training ...... :D
It did not go well. For me plan B is to get back to Plan A :D
Fiat Panda.
Fiat Scudo (with speedblock, pipe carrier, reversing sensors, reversing camera, tow bar, some new rust and Fake Plumber logo)

started out with nothing, still have most of it left.

obelix

Postby obelix » Mon Sep 10, 2018 6:56 am

just saying

Rule 169:
“Do not hold up a long queue of traffic, especially if you are driving a large or slow-moving vehicle.“Check your mirrors frequently, and if necessary, pull in where it is safe and let traffic pass.”
R1100S
1200 V-Max
SF 848
Duke II
Dresda

adam

Postby adam » Wed Sep 12, 2018 9:05 am

andy griff wrote:
boxerscott wrote:They seem happy to ride two abreast and hold up traffic. Total wnakers. I feel sick in my mouth when I see an old sweaty ass hole clad in lycra. They are disgusting. Totally agree with all the negatives re mamils , however a nice pert female booty clad in lycra is a different kettle of fish . :)

About your diversity training ...... :D

That's the reason I always ride slowly past horse riders :lol:

Return to “Boxerbanter”