Do I buy now or wait?

Pull up a chair - let's talk Boxerbollox

Moderators: Gromit, Paul, slparry

Luke2184

Do I buy now or wait?

Postby Luke2184 » Fri Nov 02, 2018 1:35 pm

Guys I now have the urge to buy a r1200gs TE, but a 2016 model, with the new 1250gs arriving is it worth me waiting to see if the prices drop? I’m borrowing the money so I need every £1 to count.
Many thanks

R1200s Colgate owner ( never selling )

popsky

Re: Do I buy now or wait?

Postby popsky » Fri Nov 02, 2018 2:22 pm

Good question, when the R1200rs first came out the price for the R12s did drop quite dramatically as there were a number of 12s being chopped in for the Rs (I assume). Crystal ball and all that but there are a lot more GS so maybe they would hold onto there value. Good luck with whatever you decide.

Apparently the 1250 is a stonking motor according to a close friend who’s had just about everything R, K related over the past few years
Phil.

R1200S and loving it !

Hoch Bergstraßenjäger…………………………………

Luke2184

Postby Luke2184 » Fri Nov 02, 2018 4:43 pm

Cheers, but my budget is going to be 10k so that rules out the new 1250gs.love the new tft scenes on them.

Blackal

Postby Blackal » Fri Nov 02, 2018 6:15 pm

You should get an immaculate LC for that money - and would expect that the next couple of months might be a good time to get one?

That said - more and more people will be coming to the end of their current PCP and either selling privately or having to sign up to a new PCP deal.

Start looking now, and if you see the right bike......... go for it?

Pal of mine - sold an absolutely pristine 2016 GSA with boxes - a year ago, for £10,750.

Steve Parry might be along with some advice, once the pubs close..............
If I am ever on life support - Unplug me......
Then plug me back in..........

See if that works .....
:?

slparry

Postby slparry » Fri Nov 02, 2018 7:13 pm

I think we have a couple of sub £10K GS TE's in, give me a call at work on 0151 373 4802
--
Steve Parry

Current fleet: '14 F800GS, '87 R80RS, '03 R1100S BoxerCup, '15 R1200RT LE Dynamic, '90 K1

boxerscott

Postby boxerscott » Fri Nov 02, 2018 7:36 pm

I read an interesting article on buying a used gs the author was Neil Murray who has a column in Mcn. He is a very savvie wheeler dealer. You should be able to buy a used 1200 gs with all the toys for less than half the cost of a new one. Sub 10k defo privately. I would doubt dealers have bikes with full pannier sets as px owners tend to off load the goodies. However you could buy a lc r1200r or even an Lc rs for less than 10k. December is best time to buy, Xmas holiday period. Bikes move then I have found. Guys are off work, bored shitless, suffering from cabin fever and looking forward and hoping for new beginnings, as they say" Out with the old and In with the new" Even dealers such as Chester Mottorad offer cracking pre reg deals before 31st Jan. :D

Good luck let us all know what you buy.

Chris
Fiat Panda.
Fiat Scudo (with speedblock, pipe carrier, reversing sensors, reversing camera, tow bar, some new rust and Fake Plumber logo)

started out with nothing, still have most of it left.

Luke2184

Postby Luke2184 » Sat Nov 03, 2018 6:00 pm

Thanks everyone, I think I will wait over Xmas into new year, & will check stock at Chester bmw if one pops up I like. The bike I’m after always seems to be £11-12k. I wonder if Bmw will drop price of new unsold r1200gs on pcp, might be an option worth waiting for?

boxerscott

Postby boxerscott » Sun Nov 04, 2018 10:59 pm

Luke2184 wrote:Thanks everyone, I think I will wait over Xmas into new year, & will check stock at Chester bmw if one pops up I like. The bike I’m after always seems to be £11-12k. I wonder if Bmw will drop price of new unsold r1200gs on pcp, might be an option worth waiting for?
If you want to rent a bike on someone elses t and c`s then it may work for you. You will never own it and will always be faced with a monthly rental and the service upkeep. Consider how much you are going to use it, If you only use it once or twice a week a monthly rental on something you will never own or recover some outlay back on seems illogical.

PCP`s are not for everyone, a great tool for the manufacturer to shift units however. With long term thinking.. I reckon false economy.

J
Fiat Panda.
Fiat Scudo (with speedblock, pipe carrier, reversing sensors, reversing camera, tow bar, some new rust and Fake Plumber logo)

started out with nothing, still have most of it left.

Return to “Boxerbanter”