Gordon...

Pull up a chair - let's talk Boxerbollox

Moderators: Gromit, Paul, slparry

Grip Fast

Gordon...

Postby Grip Fast » Wed Dec 05, 2018 2:42 pm

...Bennetts!

Insurance has jumped by a whisker under 33% this year. They've been pretty consistent for the last few years, so wasn't expecting this financial poke in the eye - I was rather hoping for a loyal customer thank you instead. Ho-hum, time to compare meerkats.

milleplod

Re: Gordon...

Postby milleplod » Wed Dec 05, 2018 4:59 pm

The prang I had in France back in May meant I was expecting a hike in premium - not my fault, but not settled, so counts against me. Anyway, renewal was only 2 weeks after the off - AA were the broker, Zenith the insurer.....renewal through them was +£38, a 50% increase! :shock: Did the meerkats, and got cover with NU through Bennetts for only £3 more than pre-prang! :D I'll never figure just how insurers work! :?

Pete
Nocto Diuque Venamur

Goldenoldy

Postby Goldenoldy » Wed Dec 05, 2018 10:00 pm

Similar, with Bennett’s a big jump. Went on line and using a search engine found a new quote similar to last year, with Bennett’s!
Brian

boxerscott

Postby boxerscott » Wed Dec 05, 2018 11:28 pm

Think the policy is this "loyalty customers.. soak em"

The money has to come from somewhere to balance the cost to the system of uninsured driver losses, drive offs , fake injuries, compo etc.
Fiat Panda.
Fiat Scudo (with speedblock, pipe carrier, reversing sensors, reversing camera, tow bar, some new rust and Fake Plumber logo)

started out with nothing, still have most of it left.

Grip Fast

Postby Grip Fast » Thu Dec 06, 2018 1:25 pm

The meerkat wasn't much use because I couldn't see how to get a multi-bike quote, so tried a couple of providers and managed to get much better quotes.

Gave Bennetts a courtesy call to let them know I wasn't happy about the hike, and he put me on hold for a few minutes (terrible, very loud music! - sign of old age?), and came back with a number that beat all others, and not only this year's quote, but last year's by -12%!

Not sure why they couldn't just do that anyway, but not looking that gift horse in the mouth. Could afford a bottle of that whisky Steve likes now :D

The Teutonic Tangerine

Postby The Teutonic Tangerine » Thu Dec 06, 2018 2:44 pm

I know it was in the Sun but this is news from Aviva this week -
Aviva.jpg
Aviva.jpg (239.02 KiB) Viewed 7643 times

Perhaps it will prompt other companies, Cough Cough Bennetts, Cough Cough, Hastings etc to think again
There would appear to be a surfeit of prolixity and sesquipedalian content today please do not use a big word when a singularly un-loquacious and diminutive linguistic expression will satisfactorily accomplish the contemporary necessity

Grip Fast

Postby Grip Fast » Thu Dec 06, 2018 3:25 pm

Interesting...

...Bennetts insurance, both the high renewal quote and today's new lower renewal price, and the best other quote I got (Carole Nash) are all with Aviva!

The Teutonic Tangerine

Postby The Teutonic Tangerine » Thu Dec 06, 2018 3:34 pm

I suspect the Aviva Plus thing is only if you are Directly insured with Aviva not via the agency of Bennetts or Carole Nash
There would appear to be a surfeit of prolixity and sesquipedalian content today please do not use a big word when a singularly un-loquacious and diminutive linguistic expression will satisfactorily accomplish the contemporary necessity

popsky

Postby popsky » Thu Dec 06, 2018 5:28 pm

Insurance always a trial but on a slightly different renewal note, my van was coming to the end of last years policy, I couldn’t find my renewal email quote from Admiral so did a meerkat search and best price was £212, then I logged into Admiral site and could see the renewal was imminent but no price, so searched emails and found it £1 less than last year and cheaper by £7 than the best other quote so I just let it renew :D

I have found in the past with the bike insurance (Carol Nash) that if there renewal was more then I’d do another quote on there site and get a better price then phone them and they would obviously match, but the last few years the quote for both me and wife have been good so didn’t bother to search, but as I’ve said it I’ll expect a hike next spring :?
Phil.

R1200S and loving it !

Hoch Bergstraßenjäger…………………………………

Return to “Boxerbanter”