Salesmen who can't sell!

Pull up a chair - let's talk Boxerbollox

Moderators: Gromit, Paul, slparry

adam

Salesmen who can't sell!

Postby adam » Thu Dec 13, 2018 12:28 pm

Last evening I visited an Indian Dealer in Staffordshire with a view to putting a deposit on the new FTR Race Rep, which will be available in the Spring. After interviewing several members of Staff, it became clear that they weren't marque enthusiasts and following my research on the bike, their product knowledge was appalling. I walked out without making a purchase. It was a similar story when I phoned other, less local Dealers, in fact, the only people I could get any sense out of was Crazy Horse, but they're the other end of the country. In fact, this situation was the complete reverse of the experience I had when buying the RS12 last year (which is a keeper :D )

Blackal

Re: Salesmen who can't sell!

Postby Blackal » Thu Dec 13, 2018 1:00 pm

Sounds like they need to get their act together, or will sink without trace..........

Conversely - I know one dealer’s salesman who rubbishes every other make, as his pitch.

That doesn’t inspire me, either. :?
If I am ever on life support - Unplug me......
Then plug me back in..........

See if that works .....
:?

boxerscott

Postby boxerscott » Thu Dec 13, 2018 5:52 pm

I am not surprised. It is a new model and a million miles off their normal cruiser range. You must be Brave dipping your toe in for one of those. Unusual bike. It`s easy to slag the salesman off but these guys are generally treated like shxt by the biker morons out there. He was probably having a bad day.

Is the customer always right? Not in my book :wink:

Your new bike prospect sounds exciting though.

Chris
Fiat Panda.
Fiat Scudo (with speedblock, pipe carrier, reversing sensors, reversing camera, tow bar, some new rust and Fake Plumber logo)

started out with nothing, still have most of it left.

gingergeezer

Postby gingergeezer » Fri Dec 14, 2018 5:50 pm

As a potential customer, am finding this an interesting perspective. Who are these 'biker morons'? Are there more around than say, 'car driver morons'?

boxerscott

Postby boxerscott » Sat Dec 15, 2018 12:42 am

gingergeezer wrote:As a potential customer, am finding this an interesting perspective. Who are these 'biker morons'? Are there more around than say, 'car driver morons'?
Oh aye , there are loads of them, I can vouch for that I am club president :wink:
Last edited by boxerscott on Sat Dec 15, 2018 10:57 am, edited 1 time in total.
Fiat Panda.
Fiat Scudo (with speedblock, pipe carrier, reversing sensors, reversing camera, tow bar, some new rust and Fake Plumber logo)

ianbcr

Postby ianbcr » Sat Dec 15, 2018 1:33 am

Speaking to my indian dealer at the show he had 12 confirmed orders as of the friday, and like most new models there are different variants with the popular seller being the one with the red frame.(does not mean a thing to me) :oops:
Your born with a certain amout of heart beats, Dont waste them on exersise. [smilie=rooster.gif]

04 boxer cup rep. Gone but not forgoten
99 tlr1000 (V twin) tricked.
Indian Roadmaster Elite
Mercedes EQC 400

boxerscott

Postby boxerscott » Sat Dec 15, 2018 11:07 am

ianbcr wrote:Speaking to my indian dealer at the show he had 12 confirmed orders as of the friday, and like most new models there are different variants with the popular seller being the one with the red frame.(does not mean a thing to me) :oops:
There is lots of nice detailing on the bike but i am wondering what they are asking for them?

Chris
Fiat Panda.

ianbcr

Postby ianbcr » Sun Dec 16, 2018 12:52 am

[quote="boxerscott"][quote="ianbcr"]Speaking to my indian dealer at the show he had 12 confirmed orders as of the friday, and like most new models there are different variants with the popular seller being the one with the red frame.(does not mean a thing to me) :oops:[/quote] There is lots of nice detailing on the bike but i am wondering what they are asking for them?

Chris[/quote]

https://www.indianmotorcycle.co.uk/ftr-1200-family/
Your born with a certain amout of heart beats, Dont waste them on exersise. [smilie=rooster.gif]

04 boxer cup rep. Gone but not forgoten
99 tlr1000 (V twin) tricked.
Indian Roadmaster Elite
Mercedes EQC 400

SP250

Postby SP250 » Sun Dec 16, 2018 9:47 am

Funnily enough I quite like that Indian.
If it had the high level pipes like the racer and a proper rear 'guard then I could be interested, now I'm restricted to high bars and the 'GS' riding position.
The only Harley Ferguson I ever liked was the XR750.
John M

adam

Postby adam » Sun Dec 16, 2018 3:08 pm

I quite liked the look of the XR1200 too. However, I carried out a service on one for a mate who lived a few miles away from me. After doing the work (which took longer than expected thanks to my local HD Dealer selling him the wrong plugs - especially after I had been privy to an internal email saying that those certain plugs should have been binned, so I fitted some spares of the correct grade I had in stock for my Buells) I volunteered to return the bike to my mate. After taking it down my one of my favourite twisty roads over to Bala, I found it to be no where near as good as my Buell!

adam

Postby adam » Sun Dec 16, 2018 3:14 pm

The reason I was thinking about an Indian FTR was my wife has a 695 Ducati Monster and finds it a bit lacking in grunt. She hardly rides bikes these days, and is most commonly found on her horses, and it seems a bit pointless keeping her bike Taxed, Insured etc. My thinking was, she could have a bike, with a low saddle (she's a bit on the short side) and I could ride it as well, so it wouldn't be sitting idle. However, she does fit rather comfortably on a Norton 961, so that may be an option. I just hope they don't blow up as regularly as the Commandos I owned back in the day :D

Return to “Boxerbanter”