BMW Sales 2018

Pull up a chair - let's talk Boxerbollox

Moderators: Gromit, Paul, slparry

Blackal

BMW Sales 2018

Postby Blackal » Tue Jan 22, 2019 4:22 am

BMW Motorrad sold more motorcycles and maxi scooters in 2018 than ever before. Compared to the strong previous year, deliveries increased by a further 0.9%.
As of December 2018 a total of 165,566 vehicles (previous year 164,153 units) were delivered to customers.

Dr. Markus Schramm, Head of BMW Motorrad: “2018 was another very successful year for BMW Motorrad. We achieved a sales record for the eighth time in succession. I would like to thank our customers most sincerely for the great trust they have placed in us again in 2018.

With this next sales record, BMW Motorrad takes another great step towards reaching its planned sales target of 200,000 units in the year 2020.”

https://motoridersuniverse.com/news/...s-in-2018.html
If I am ever on life support - Unplug me......
Then plug me back in..........

See if that works .....
:?

boxerscott

Re: BMW Sales 2018

Postby boxerscott » Sat Jan 26, 2019 12:31 am

Blackal wrote:BMW Motorrad sold more motorcycles and maxi scooters in 2018 than ever before. Compared to the strong previous year, deliveries increased by a further 0.9%.
As of December 2018 a total of 165,566 vehicles (previous year 164,153 units) were delivered to customers.

Dr. Markus Schramm, Head of BMW Motorrad: “2018 was another very successful year for BMW Motorrad. We achieved a sales record for the eighth time in succession. I would like to thank our customers most sincerely for the great trust they have placed in us again in 2018.

With this next sales record, BMW Motorrad takes another great step towards reaching its planned sales target of 200,000 units in the year 2020.”

https://motoridersuniverse.com/news/...s-in-2018.html
Ambitious thinking. with the development of low cost mcycles from India and China forever improving and the ageing populace of current BMW stereo types having hernias lifting there beloved boxers off the centre stand. I can not see that happening. Bmw have to cater for the mature hard core boxer fans and produce lightweight usuable capacity boxers for its fan base. Where is a midi boxer these days? they are so far up their own ass ole that they fail to recognize that young riders see BMW expensive,new pipe and slippers are * the gs riders" Mature riders still may want a boxer but not a 1250 and all its mass.

Why not a midi boxer and a para? instead of the so called "GS" fakes with chain drive. I will stand bollock naked in my high street coop if Markus Schramm achieves his policy with current thinking. Market is too competitive and BMW have lost impetus with bulling up it`s fake non boxer GS range. (apart from the super bike s1000 derivatives) Wishful thinking., More boxers needed? the other fake gs products they produce are possibly not the best value for money out there.
Fiat Panda.
Fiat Scudo (with speedblock, pipe carrier, reversing sensors, reversing camera, tow bar, some new rust and Fake Plumber logo)

started out with nothing, still have most of it left.

slparry

Postby slparry » Sat Jan 26, 2019 4:09 pm

boxerscott wrote:<snip ...... I will stand bollock naked in my high street coop if Markus Schramm achieves his policy with current thinking. Market is too competitive and BMW have lost impetus with bulling up it`s fake non boxer GS range. (apart from the super bike s1000 derivatives) Wishful thinking., More boxers needed? the other fake gs products they produce are possibly not the best value for money out there.

Now if ever there was a reason for increased sales impetus ..... watch this space in 2020 :)

PS best warn the Co-op Chris :P
--
Steve Parry

Current fleet: '14 F800GS, '87 R80RS, '03 R1100S BoxerCup, '15 R1200RT LE Dynamic, '90 K1

boxerscott

Postby boxerscott » Tue Jan 29, 2019 11:42 pm

slparry wrote:
boxerscott wrote:<snip ...... I will stand bollock naked in my high street coop if Markus Schramm achieves his policy with current thinking. Market is too competitive and BMW have lost impetus with bulling up it`s fake non boxer GS range. (apart from the super bike s1000 derivatives) Wishful thinking., More boxers needed? the other fake gs products they produce are possibly not the best value for money out there.

Now if ever there was a reason for increased sales impetus ..... watch this space in 2020 :)

PS best warn the Co-op Chris :P
Gosh that was powerful beer that was. :wink:
Fiat Panda.
Fiat Scudo (with speedblock, pipe carrier, reversing sensors, reversing camera, tow bar, some new rust and Fake Plumber logo)

started out with nothing, still have most of it left.

Return to “Boxerbanter”