New Battery

Pull up a chair - let's talk Boxerbollox

Moderators: Gromit, Paul, slparry

Grip Fast

New Battery

Postby Grip Fast » Sat Jun 22, 2019 1:01 pm

I've just ordered a new battery from Tayna for the R1200S. The price seemed very reasonable and delivery charge not too bad, so clicked on the PayPal link. On returning to the Tayna website, the price had jumped nearly £8 for VAT, so I feel slightly annoyed by that even though the overall price is still not that bad.

I'm convinced the old battery is weakening and just manages to turn over the big lump when fully charged. So I'll change it before I'm stuck. The old battery is only 2.5 years old, whereas the original was between 6 and 10 years (looked like the original but might have been changed before I bought the bike).

boxerscott

Re: New Battery

Postby boxerscott » Sat Jun 22, 2019 10:51 pm

Hey bro` if that is the worse thing that is coming your way, you are a lucky guy! :wink:

Chris
Fiat Panda.
Fiat Scudo (with speedblock, pipe carrier, reversing sensors, reversing camera, tow bar, some new rust and Fake Plumber logo)

started out with nothing, still have most of it left.

ted

Re: New Battery

Postby ted » Sun Jun 23, 2019 9:30 pm

i have mine linked to an optimate 24/7 and they seem to last about 4 years but the first sign is getting slower to turn over in my experience. Would think lithium would last for a long time but are pretty pricey but loads lighter for the speed merchants!

Return to “Boxerbanter”