Today I

Pull up a chair - let's talk Boxerbollox

Moderators: Gromit, Paul, slparry

boxerscott

Today I

Postby boxerscott » Sat Jul 20, 2019 12:34 am

walked my dog by jed thistle rugby club ( feeder club to jed forest) Witnessed mini rugby, all genders, generally the girls were more active and deceptive flight of foot than the boys. one laddie stood out all of five years of age . a future no 9 for scotland i am thinking. jed has produced three scottish captains from this pitch. The commitment from the locals to this endeavour is commendable.

Not bad from a village !
Fiat Panda.
Fiat Scudo (with speedblock, pipe carrier, reversing sensors, reversing camera, tow bar, some new rust and Fake Plumber logo)

started out with nothing, still have most of it left.

Grip Fast

Re: Today I

Postby Grip Fast » Sat Jul 20, 2019 6:26 am

Definitely to be commended. A good news story that local people are committed to making it happen.

Sport, when I was at school, was more about bullying and humiliation for a lot of kids. So I didn't like sport at all for many years, watching or participating. Enjoy cycling - me vs me.

Well done to Jed Thistle Rugby club for doing it better.

dave the german

Postby dave the german » Sat Jul 20, 2019 6:30 pm

Before doing a recce for a Boxertrix outing I stayed with Chris at the start of the 6 Nations and watched England play whilst some of the Jed yoof rugby players were in the bar and I have to say I was impressed by the social behaviour of this group. Hooligans on the pitch they may be........
'15 R1200GS TE
'06 R1200S
'04 BCR
Yam SR 500 long term restoration
wanna win the lottery and ride my bike

SP250

Postby SP250 » Sat Jul 20, 2019 7:44 pm

It's over 45 years since I played rugby (for the school and county) so I have forgotten how great it was to be a gentleman behaving like a hooligan!

So I tried to remind myself today, except it was on an official BMW test ride day at Rhug in North Wales. Unfortunately the roads were greasy with some dry patches on one of my local ride routes. Also the official guides were somewhat pedestrian, but hey, they were brand new bikes, conditions were iffy and they don't know how experienced we were (or not). So no hooliganism for today then.

Anyway I had a go on an R1250R and liked the new motor except for the clutchless shift. It was horrendous in the first 3 gears going slowly and was jerky and very undignified, better at 40mph and up. The S1000XR on the other hand was superb, apart from it still having a serious vibes problem which was supposed to have been fixed. The quickshifter was way better than the twin and could be used at town speeds (sub 30) as well as in the de-restricted parts of the route. It also felt a lot more torquey than I remember from a test ride when they first came out. So when pennies allow I think my favourite might be an S1000XR rather than an RS1250, time will tell.
The heavens opened and dumped a couple of cubic kilometers of H2O just after the end of the second ride so I gave up on having a go on a K16 six. Didn't fancy trying to stop half a ton of unfamiliar bike through standing water even if they do have ABS.

Good day all the same.
Hope you get better weather tomorrow Steve.
John M

Yogi Bear

Postby Yogi Bear » Sat Jul 20, 2019 11:01 pm

Worked my arse off - in the garden...!
“Wrinkles merely indicate where smiles have been”
Mark Twain

dave the german

Postby dave the german » Sun Jul 21, 2019 5:54 pm

Yogi Bear wrote:Worked my arse off - in the garden...!

Yeah right!! [smilie=drinking.gif] [smilie=drinking.gif]
'15 R1200GS TE

'06 R1200S

'04 BCR

Yam SR 500 long term restoration

wanna win the lottery and ride my bike

Humbug

Postby Humbug » Mon Jul 22, 2019 6:21 pm

MOT'd the 12S. Straight through, 13,000 miles this year.
10 KTM RC8

Return to “Boxerbanter”