So gullible.

Pull up a chair - let's talk Boxerbollox

Moderators: Gromit, Paul, slparry

boxerscott

So gullible.

Postby boxerscott » Sat Nov 09, 2019 5:44 pm

Someone on here suggested an alternative to visiting Moto live at Nec. So here I am in Milan. Escaping dour dreek Scottish weather. Visited Rinascente thi'safter HOW MUCH?

Great public transport and inexpensive. I like that. Had to go 6km out of centre so my hand could stretch to my wallet to buy Amanda food and a drink.

I think this trip is going to lead to a new bike this winter.The Harley flounce was anothet one of my shit ideas......until the next time I walk into a dealership.

Looking forward to tomorrow.
Chris.
Fiat Panda.
Fiat Scudo (with speedblock, pipe carrier, reversing sensors, reversing camera, tow bar, some new rust and Fake Plumber logo)

started out with nothing, still have most of it left.

dave the german

Re: So gullible.

Postby dave the german » Sun Nov 10, 2019 5:38 am

Chris, some of the new offerings from BMW look nice. I take it you'll not be at the NEC this year :D :D
'15 R1200GS TE
'06 R1200S
'04 BCR
Yam SR 500 long term restoration
wanna win the lottery and ride my bike

Paul
Wanna buy a sticker mister?

Postby Paul » Sun Nov 10, 2019 10:32 am

Someone on here? That'd be me then :wink:

Prices in the city centre are indeed eye watering and beware of being "upsold" by waiters. When I went with two mates last year, we ordered our mains and the waiter asked if we'd like a little ham and cheese to nibble on before dinner? Having agreed, we were presented with a huge plate of cold meats and cheeses which cost more than all of our main courses combined. We cancelled the main courses and had an expensive plate of cold cuts that we didn't't really want. Value outside the main tourist centre is much better, as you have discovered. Tripadvisor is your friend. If we had checked that before entering the restaurant, we would have discovered that trick the restaurant we had chosen seem to regularly play, and given the place a swerve.

Looking forward to hearing what you make of the show, with the NEC as your current point of reference. I hope you will conclude that it was worth the effort to come over to Milan after all.

Did you make it over to Turin to the Fiat museum? what did you make of that?

Cheers,

Paul
You really need only two tools: WD-40 and duct tape. If it doesn't move and it should, use WD-40. If it moves and shouldn't, use the tape.

boxerscott

Postby boxerscott » Sun Nov 10, 2019 9:25 pm

Phew what a day that was! Tbqh it was rammed. Talking with the reps we were advised that Friday is the best day for jonny foreigner as all the scaffs, plumbers, steel fixers arrive on Sunday. It was a big big event and folk were well behaved. We got their about 12 noon and hired a couple of Segways when we saw the length of the Mezzanine above the halls. I saw and looked for what I wanted to see. Which I could have quite easily done at Nec. BMW, new bikes only. Emphasis on f900r and xr. New r18 is amazing. What interested me most was the Chinese trade stands, manufacturing anything and everything that all the major brands are utilising. The bikes also, euro 4 and not exceeding 500cc look the part.
Royal Enfield great stand. Ducati, V2 middle weight, back to single sided swing arm. We have had a blast, listened carefully to advice from others, used public transport which is fab. Stayed en route out of centre, less expensive hotels, we still have a day to spend and that will be Bergamo where we fly home from later tomoz
It is a great change from Nec. Thanks Paul for advice, like any European City you can be milked for your hard earned but stay out of centre and use public transport, a weekend ticket bought at baccy shop buys you all the miles you want on trams and Metro. Got some photies to prove it happened, not sure how to post them. Edit.. Mand sez stay clear of China Town, we visited. Looked, . amused and got the next tram out. Never got the bullet train to Turin, had a leisurely Saturday sightseeing in Milan. Another excuse to come back.

Chris

Would I recommend? Yes.
Fiat Panda.
Fiat Scudo (with speedblock, pipe carrier, reversing sensors, reversing camera, tow bar, some new rust and Fake Plumber logo)

Paul
Wanna buy a sticker mister?

Postby Paul » Mon Nov 11, 2019 8:43 am

Glad to hear you had a good time in the end. Funnily enough, we stayed in a hotel in Chinatown last year, and lived to tell the tale.

Cheers,

Paul
You really need only two tools: WD-40 and duct tape. If it doesn't move and it should, use WD-40. If it moves and shouldn't, use the tape.

boxerscott

Postby boxerscott » Wed Nov 13, 2019 1:00 am

Paul wrote:Glad to hear you had a good time in the end. Funnily enough, we stayed in a hotel in Chinatown last year, and lived to tell the tale.

Cheers,

Paul
There was one wine bar with a bus shelter in front of it, the pavement was a throng with people drinking.. wine, inside was small and crammed, floor to ceiling with bottles of wine and scotch whisky at ridiculous prices, busiest bar I have ever seen, we called in for a "comfort break" both of us, not really wanting wine but a glass would not of gone amiss. The comfort "receptacle" was a hole in the ground latrine, Amanda was not impressed. What a buzzing place it was. BTW The prices on the Scotch in some cases exceeded 200 euros a bottle, Did you happen on this remarkable Bar?

I never had the confidence to wait my turn and order a wine, in fear of getting upsold! Ha Ha.

Chris.
Fiat Panda.

Blackal

Postby Blackal » Wed Nov 13, 2019 9:19 am

Lucky they didn’t have to resuscitate you! :lol:
If I am ever on life support - Unplug me......
Then plug me back in..........

See if that works .....
:?

boxerscott

Postby boxerscott » Thu Nov 14, 2019 8:50 pm

:wink:

Chris
Fiat Panda.

Return to “Boxerbanter”