Page 2 of 3

Re: "Is it Spring Yet?"

Posted: Thu Feb 13, 2020 9:44 am
by Al
That’s a harsh punishment Gerry, is there no legal route, you can’t be the only one affected?

Al.

Re: "Is it Spring Yet?"

Posted: Sat Feb 15, 2020 12:25 am
by boxerscott
GerryB wrote:
Al wrote: Retirements a bitch :D

Al.



Ha ha ha .....

Enjoy Al !

The SA govt. ensured that I don't get my private pension that I paid a big whack into for 35 years .. We won't go back to live there.
Punishment for emigrating .... :evil:

So, my retirement in sunny Spain is ... Cleaning Swimming pools, Garden work , house maintenance,
[/quote]

I`ve been thinking on those lines but my missus may have put a damper on my enthusiasm (again) she reckons i would need to have a six pack, be hung like a donkey so as to get the money clients of my ambitions. Sadly she says I should stick to fitting Garry Glitters and servicing Old Boilers..Doh!

Chris

Re: "Is it Spring Yet?"

Posted: Sat Feb 15, 2020 4:46 am
by BoxerCup R
boxerscott wrote:
So, my retirement in sunny Spain is ... Cleaning Swimming pools, Garden work , house maintenance,


I`ve been thinking on those lines but my missus may have put a damper on my enthusiasm (again) she reckons i would need to have a six pack, be hung like a donkey so as to get the money clients of my ambitions. Sadly she says I should stick to fitting Garry Glitters and servicing Old Boilers..Doh!

Chris[/quote]


:lol: You make me laugh Chris :wink:

Re: "Is it Spring Yet?"

Posted: Sat Feb 15, 2020 12:26 pm
by Neil178
That’s a shocker Gerry. I’m guessing you have already thought about returning just to kick start the pension, then high tail it again? I have no clue about the rules in SA but denying you what is your legal entitlement to is so wrong.

Re: "Is it Spring Yet?"

Posted: Sun Feb 16, 2020 8:53 am
by GerryB
Neil178 wrote:That’s a shocker Gerry. I’m guessing you have already thought about returning just to kick start the pension, then high tail it again? I have no clue about the rules in SA but denying you what is your legal entitlement to is so wrong.


Yes Neil, I have . If I return as a full resident for longer than 19 months continuously , I can claim 5% per year , of what I should have been getting, sadly , the way the costs there have spiralled up wards, in direct opposition to the standard of everything else, I couldn't live on that.

If I had still my own house, mortgage free, i could have possibly eked out a living .

No, I don't trust the govt, so I'll rather take my chances here in Spain .

Besides its way safer here .

Remember I was a Policeman , when I left SA in 2005 , I had a price on my head ....

Re: "Is it Spring Yet?"

Posted: Mon Feb 17, 2020 5:04 am
by BoxerCup R
GerryB wrote:
Neil178 wrote:
No, I don't trust the govt, so I'll rather take my chances here in Spain .

Besides its way safer here .

Remember I was a Policeman , when I left SA in 2005 , I had a price on my head ....



:shock:

Re: "Is it Spring Yet?"

Posted: Wed Mar 11, 2020 4:29 am
by BoxerCup R
"I can feel it, coming in the air tonight, o'Lord" :bounce:

Re: "Is it Spring Yet?"

Posted: Wed Mar 11, 2020 8:16 am
by Paul
BoxerCup R wrote:"I can feel it, coming in the air tonight, o'Lord" :bounce:

[smilie=band.gif]

Re: "Is it Spring Yet?"

Posted: Thu Mar 12, 2020 1:46 am
by BoxerCup R

Re: "Is it Spring Yet?"

Posted: Thu Mar 12, 2020 11:16 pm
by boxerscott
kin`ell... spring is definitely cancelled along with everything else it seems. Looks like our very iminent 3 week CA tour is slippin down the Gary Glitter too. Vegas is gonna close, La? SF? Holy moly! plan B is to avoid the major tourist routes and spend more time up in the Mountains or a 3 week tour of Scotland instead which is no bad thing.

Mildly traumatised of the thought that Phil Collins may consider himself to be a Rock Star :?

More worrying is the shxte weather we are having here in the Borders. My bloody daffs are also in lock down :(

Is it Spring.... let me think.... Get Tae Fcuk

:wink:

Chris

Re: "Is it Spring Yet?"

Posted: Mon Mar 16, 2020 4:58 am
by Mitch1100
Blue skies, 24*c,zero traffic, no straight roads :wink:

39F9C40A-B6A7-4C13-BA07-77BCDA4B0276.jpeg
39F9C40A-B6A7-4C13-BA07-77BCDA4B0276.jpeg (353.58 KiB) Viewed 1965 times

Re: "Is it Spring Yet?"

Posted: Mon Mar 16, 2020 5:18 pm
by Humbug
Just got back from taking the 12S on a pre work use check ride after it being garaged for a few weeks. A quick check turned into 100 miles. Didn't want to come home but work insisted. Nicest form of self isolation with face covered, wearing gloves and keeping a safe distance from everyone. The bike is going to have to get used to being out again for the foreseeable

Re: "Is it Spring Yet?"

Posted: Mon Mar 16, 2020 9:34 pm
by Neil178
It was a lovely day today wasn’t it! Sounds like a nice ride Humbug. I had thought it would be great for a ride too, but I need to get a new battery sorted first.
Spring is about here and I am more than eager to be back on the road. A few more weeks should see some heat from the sun making all the difference.
But will I be allowed too? How many more days until total shut down like Spain and France? Shout out for GerryB - hope all is ok with you dude.
The last two years I’ve been in Germany for July but that is looking unlikely this year. A place turned up for on ‘the old gits’ tour to Northern Spain in June that I would love to do but that is looking like it might not happen, so I’m hanging onto my cash for now.
Should Europe be out of the question then Scotland it is! Wild camping, the 500, revisiting my old haunts from when I was an Erk. Actually it could be a great holiday except I’m now anticipating the roads will be full of bloody bikers!

Re: "Is it Spring Yet?"

Posted: Thu Mar 19, 2020 9:40 am
by GerryB
Neil178 wrote:It was a lovely day today wasn’t it! Sounds like a nice ride Humbug. I had thought it would be great for a ride too, but I need to get a new battery sorted first.
Spring is about here and I am more than eager to be back on the road. A few more weeks should see some heat from the sun making all the difference.
But will I be allowed too? How many more days until total shut down like Spain and France? Shout out for GerryB - hope all is ok with you dude.
The last two years I’ve been in Germany for July but that is looking unlikely this year. A place turned up for on ‘the old gits’ tour to Northern Spain in June that I would love to do but that is looking like it might not happen, so I’m hanging onto my cash for now.
Should Europe be out of the question then Scotland it is! Wild camping, the 500, revisiting my old haunts from when I was an Erk. Actually it could be a great holiday except I’m now anticipating the roads will be full of bloody bikers!


All is good here thanks , the area is deathly quiet , no planes, no traffic .

The police are continuously patrolling , however 99% of the locals have accepted the enforced stay at home with good grace.

Nothing else for it, unless you fancy a huge fine , 800E plus , and a stay at HMP for any repeat offenders

We are allowed out to buy food , medicines petrol and ... Tabac , it is Spain and this is a necessity after all ! :D

So, at 9pm every one emerges onto their veranda or balcony and cheer and clap to honour the medical and other emergency services .

Re: "Is it Spring Yet?"

Posted: Thu Mar 19, 2020 9:59 am
by Neil178
Glad all is well if a little stressful.
Talk here is of the army on the street. Maybe London first? Will they have powers of arrest or are they meant to scare us?
With such a fluid situation I can’t second guess what will happen and reading of it lasting into next year it’s going to be unbearable.
Off to panic buy some things I don’t need ...