Media....?

Pull up a chair - let's talk Boxerbollox

Moderators: Gromit, Paul, slparry

slparry

Media....?

Postby slparry » Mon Mar 16, 2020 6:35 pm

Paul Davies and I took the opportunity of the lovely Spring day to test the 2020 WW route, we had lunch at the Lion Hotel, and good to their word the hotel has signs reminding to clean hands and hand cleaner stations at entrances.

Sars …. swine flu ….. bird flu …… all came and went. Seeing a video today of a huge queue waiting to get into a Costco in Manchester …. the worlds gone mad :D

My local Coop appears to be stocked with most things.

Am I being head in the sand or is the rest of the world nuts? :D
--
Steve Parry

Current fleet: '14 F800GS, '87 R80RS, '03 R1100S BoxerCup, '15 R1200RT LE Dynamic, '90 K1

Paul
Wanna buy a sticker mister?

Re: Media....?

Postby Paul » Mon Mar 16, 2020 7:11 pm

These are indeed strange times...

I had a nice ride today on my GS in the glorious sunshine too. Roll on the 2020 WW.

Paul
You really need only two tools: WD-40 and duct tape. If it doesn't move and it should, use WD-40. If it moves and shouldn't, use the tape.

boxerscott

Postby boxerscott » Mon Mar 16, 2020 8:59 pm

Aye we need to have something to look forward to :)

Chris
Fiat Panda.
Fiat Scudo (with speedblock, pipe carrier, reversing sensors, reversing camera, tow bar, some new rust and Fake Plumber logo)

started out with nothing, still have most of it left.

dave the german

Postby dave the german » Wed Mar 18, 2020 8:12 am

Steve the world has gone mad - we're delivering at least 500 pallets of bog rolls to get distributed to Asda per day - along with all the other supermarkets we manufacture for. I can see a huge drop in sales when this is over. Unfortunately I can see some bleak times ahead for a lot of business areas while we go through this. Me? Tesco has 10 cans of draught Guinness for £8 - I've got 40 cans, 6 bottles of wine, 20 cans of lager and 2 bottles of whisky so I'm self isolating for my 2 days off before they relax the driving hours laws and we can work 7 days a week to make sure there's enough in the shops for the sad selfish ba$tards
'15 R1200GS TE
'06 R1200S
'04 BCR
Yam SR 500 long term restoration
wanna win the lottery and ride my bike

SP250

Postby SP250 » Wed Mar 18, 2020 9:19 am

I was practicing for this self isolating malarkey for three weeks back in February, with 6ft of floodwater surrounding my house - so I'm an expert now!
PM me for a practical guide on how to survive watching daytime TV and rebuilding and engine in the utility room. 8)

John M
John M

Al

Postby Al » Wed Mar 18, 2020 4:52 pm

Rightly or wrongly we decided we would have our trip to Sri Lanka and arrived out here on 7th March, picked up a Honda FMX 650 and got on with our trip round this amazing Island, today sitting on a tropical beach with about a 1000 other people, eating, drinking and swimming who seemingly don’t have a care in the world it seems surreal that we are reading of all the changes to our way of life and trying to find out if we will still get home on Tuesday. All incoming flights have been stopped and a curfew imposed in some parts of the Island.
I was talking to a guy 2 days ago who had been in a yoga/meditation retreat for 10 days with no internet, phones etc, he thought he had woken up up in a zombie apocalypse type scenario, on the plus side I have 300 paracetamol tabs to bring home, unlimited access to loo rolls, 31deg c, warm sea, cheap accommodation and great food, could be worse.

Stay healthy, Al.
White/red BMW R1200R Sport
Shiny Red Honda Civic
Shiny Silver MR2 vvti Roadster. Going to be sold
White Peugeot Boxer Camper Conversion.
Battle scarred Suzuki Burgman 125,(Mrs Als) going to be sold
Suzuki VanVan 125

BoxerCup R

Postby BoxerCup R » Wed Mar 18, 2020 7:18 pm

:shock: Be safe Al :clock:
"02 Yamaha XJR 1300SP in Kenny Roberts Yellow - (bought new)
"18 BMW S1000R Sports - (bought new)

"11 Porsche Boxster 987 S Black Edition No.261 of 987

GerryB

Postby GerryB » Thu Mar 19, 2020 7:05 am

Al wrote:Ron the plus side I have 300 paracetamol tabs to bring home, unlimited access to loo rolls, 31deg c, warm sea, cheap accommodation and great food, could be worse.

Stay healthy, Al.

Stay there Al , enjoy the fresh air, the sunshine and good food.

Better being isolated there than in UK , with all the turmoil and uncertainty the bumbling buffoon is spouting on a daily basis .
Old man ... now .
Ex Off Road & Enduro Rider...

Al

Postby Al » Thu Mar 19, 2020 1:42 pm

You are not wrong there Gerry, I think it’s eventually got to go the same route Spain has chosen but hopefully we will be home by then. Our daughter is respiratory physio team leader and is part of a strategy team so we are getting up to date info at least, not the stuff being fed to the media.
Hope you are ok.

Al.
White/red BMW R1200R Sport
Shiny Red Honda Civic
Shiny Silver MR2 vvti Roadster. Going to be sold
White Peugeot Boxer Camper Conversion.
Battle scarred Suzuki Burgman 125,(Mrs Als) going to be sold
Suzuki VanVan 125

GerryB

Postby GerryB » Fri Mar 20, 2020 7:54 am

Al wrote:You are not wrong there Gerry, I think it’s eventually got to go the same route Spain has chosen but hopefully we will be home by then. Our daughter is respiratory physio team leader and is part of a strategy team so we are getting up to date info at least, not the stuff being fed to the media.
Hope you are ok.

Al.

That is good to hear about your daughter .

Maybe you could update us on here.

All the Brit based members could certainly benefit from the truth , rather than bumbling buffoon Boris diluted version .

Here in Spain , we seem to have a far more direct hard hitting information system , no punches pulled , and the people are generally following the rules .

Its punishing on the pocket and bank balance if you don't.

Sadly in 90% of the reported cases , the law breakers are British and central European tourists, the usual unwashed drunken louts ....

We can say that , all of us without exception are a better quality person , we all own bikes, insured taxed and well looked after. :shock:
I know , its not politically correct to say that, but I'm a South African, ex army , ex police, and I tend to speak it as I see it. :roll:
Old man ... now .

boxerscott

Postby boxerscott » Fri Mar 20, 2020 10:32 pm

I do not think for one minute Boris is a bumbling idiot, neither do i think you are Gerry. I am appalled that we have walked and talked ourselves into a recession. This is not the Black Death that decimated the population of the up coming societies of the known world back in the 14th C. It was not discriminatory unlike this flu/cough scare thing is. The wealthy are insulated from the effects of this. They were not back in the day. This cough affects people with underlying health issues particularly in later years. Three scores and ten was once anticipated with enthusiasm. Not now with dementia and a relax of family unity where we expect the state to substitute for our responsibilities. Blame gets apportioned everywhere where in fact we ourselves (generally) as family units could do better. We live, we die, one day of something or other.

We should think of the young and their futures. Concentrate our minds on the young families running fast to stand still now out of work. Ok for Branson on his luxury Isle to lay off his airline staff on unpaid leave. Ok for Gov advisors to stand side by side with Pm and tell us of doom and gloom but would they sing the same song as those laid off if they were not getting paid?

It is a complete Joke and not sustainable. Let the powers that be suffer the same as the ones told not to come in tomorrow but we will contact you.

If we are all in this together let's share the pain and suffering and lets get things even... or let nature have its way.

BTW We had a great send off for my mate Kenny Hanlon and I do not give a flying feck for anyones considerations about the percieved rights and wrongs about this. Also i may give my Racer a good possin` on the A68 tomoz when i have restored hot water, heating and sanitation to two thankful households. CVD19 and its scaremongers... GTF.
Fiat Panda.
Fiat Scudo (with speedblock, pipe carrier, reversing sensors, reversing camera, tow bar, some new rust and Fake Plumber logo)

started out with nothing, still have most of it left.

GerryB

Postby GerryB » Sat Mar 21, 2020 9:38 am

Boxerscott, thanks , yes , we all have opinions . And it shows the maturity of the members on the forum that we can accept others opinions and be respectful in our replies.

I feel for every one in UK who has been unceremoniously laid off, in fact as you say, the wealthy have absolutely no care or consideration for their employees. Neither , in my opinion does the government .

However, I do feel UK has allowed itself to be money lead to the exclusion of just common decency.

No one to my knowledge has been laid off / made redundant here in Spain, every one is basically off on a no work no pay basis .

The govt did very quickly sort out the future for every one, to prevent law breakers and other desperate folk .

Taxes , mortgages , rents etc suspended.

Then , you have the good folks standing up.

In our village , we have a little restaurant here, most of us regularly eat there , and over time we've become good friends.
Well, on the village facebook page , the owner has said if any one has any problems, needing medicines or food, to contact him and he will supply and deliver it, no charge.

This is the same community spirit we had in September last year after the gota fria floods, where several of us landed up taking food bread and water to elderly who were house bound because of floods .

I was carting 20 litre water drums on my dirt bike , through knee deep water and mud for folks, and doing the bread run for them .

My buddy in his 4x4 pick up was rescuing folks, and travelling back and forth to supermarkets for food for people , at his own cost .

Afterwards we all got involved cleaning and helping village folks .

So , back to UK , I'm worried about my daughter as well, just started a new job , and has no idea if she is being kicked out or just on unpaid leave, she works in a gym . Owners can't decide ....

Please , every one , just be sensible , don't panic and treat this virus with utmost care .

I'm 65, and have COPD , so am in the very vulnerable bracket, would hate to feel abandoned by the health authorities , because I'd be a burden , needing a ventilator etc ...
Old man ... now .

dave the german

Postby dave the german » Sat Mar 21, 2020 1:57 pm

Gerry, I don't think we have found that community spirit yet. Certainly I haven't seem it apart from the odd utterances in the media where there have been some true saints - hopefully it will replace the me me me outlook that seems prevalent at the moment but in all honesty I'm not holding my breath. The supermarkets were emptied last night of alcohol which suggests to me that helping others isn't primary in most peoples thoughts
'15 R1200GS TE

'06 R1200S

'04 BCR

Yam SR 500 long term restoration

wanna win the lottery and ride my bike

Paul
Wanna buy a sticker mister?

Postby Paul » Sat Mar 21, 2020 4:47 pm

dave the german wrote:The supermarkets were emptied last night of alcohol which suggests to me that helping others isn't primary in most peoples thoughts

Probably just using it all to make some hand sanitiser... or perhaps not.
You really need only two tools: WD-40 and duct tape. If it doesn't move and it should, use WD-40. If it moves and shouldn't, use the tape.

ianbcr

Postby ianbcr » Sat Mar 21, 2020 7:26 pm

Had to pick my prescription up from the chemist today. had to que outside and they called us in 1 at a time with all the staff inside wearing surgical face masks and gloves. as an ice breaker i said to the lady "You will be selling out of condoms next" to which she replied "We`ve sold a few". :P .Also heard the divorce rate could go up.
Your born with a certain amout of heart beats, Dont waste them on exersise. [smilie=rooster.gif]

04 boxer cup rep. Gone but not forgoten
99 tlr1000 (V twin) tricked.
Indian Roadmaster Elite
Mercedes EQC 400

Return to “Boxerbanter”