Closed ....

Pull up a chair - let's talk Boxerbollox

Moderators: Gromit, Paul, slparry

slparry

Closed ....

Postby slparry » Tue Mar 24, 2020 12:48 pm

well that's our place, Chester Motorrad & Chester Harley closed for three weeks. Let's hope the situation improves (although I suspect we're a long way from a peak) and we avoid the bullet!
--
Steve Parry

Current fleet: '14 F800GS, '87 R80RS, '03 R1100S BoxerCup, '15 R1200RT LE Dynamic, '90 K1

boxerscott

Re: Closed ....

Postby boxerscott » Tue Mar 24, 2020 1:32 pm

Hang in there Steve, keep on keepin on.

Chris
Fiat Panda.
Fiat Scudo (with speedblock, pipe carrier, reversing sensors, reversing camera, tow bar, some new rust and Fake Plumber logo)

started out with nothing, still have most of it left.

Paul
Wanna buy a sticker mister?

Postby Paul » Tue Mar 24, 2020 2:55 pm

Best wishes to you, buddy. Stay healthy and safe.

Cheers,

Paul
You really need only two tools: WD-40 and duct tape. If it doesn't move and it should, use WD-40. If it moves and shouldn't, use the tape.

Blackal

Postby Blackal » Tue Mar 24, 2020 5:03 pm

Think you need to prepare for longer than that - think 2months+.

Hope I am wrong, but .................

All the best, though
If I am ever on life support - Unplug me......
Then plug me back in..........

See if that works .....
:?

popsky

Postby popsky » Tue Mar 24, 2020 5:42 pm

Karen closed the salon yesterday and I’ve now finished, she’s self employed and I’m a freelancer so we think we’re entitled to sweet fanny adams just the basic money so about £180 odd a week

Here’s hoping the chancellor sorts it out for us
Phil.

R1200S and loving it !

Hoch Bergstraßenjäger…………………………………

dave the german

Postby dave the german » Tue Mar 24, 2020 7:16 pm

As Chris says, keep on keeping on - I do feel for the unfortunate people that are going to feel the financial effects of this horrid bloody thing - as much as I would like to leave the transport industry, at least for the moment I'm an essential worker but lets see what the GP thinks about my diabetes although if I'm forced to self isolate I should get 80% of my earnings - I just don't get the differentiating - self employed have paid their taxes and I realise there is only so much money to go around so I'm hoping the financial geniuses will come up with a solution - I don't envy them at all
'15 R1200GS TE
'06 R1200S
'04 BCR
Yam SR 500 long term restoration
wanna win the lottery and ride my bike

Humbug

Postby Humbug » Tue Mar 24, 2020 7:28 pm

Yes, same here being self employed. Looks like it will take an age to get the £90 odd quid a week, there is lots to sort out. I'm lucky at the moment to be able to carry on with a bit of my work on line so there are a lot worse than me out there.
Hope you all keep safe and get through this without too much hardship.
10 KTM RC8

boxerscott

Postby boxerscott » Wed Mar 25, 2020 9:00 am

If you have savings and are self employed you get sweet FA..... at the moment at least. Lets hope we are in actual fact all in this together and that means we all share the pain. There exists a severe lack of clarity and that is devisive towards the cause. I suspect the whole thing will just fudge away when everyone has had a gutful. The economic argument is coming to the fore. Lets think about those unsettled families in actual " War" torn areas when we are feeling sorry for ourselves.

I am afraid my swearing at the telly is getting worse. Amanda has told me to self isolate or words to that effect.

Lets hope for lots of blue skies and sunshine :wink:
Fiat Panda.
Fiat Scudo (with speedblock, pipe carrier, reversing sensors, reversing camera, tow bar, some new rust and Fake Plumber logo)

Al

Postby Al » Wed Mar 25, 2020 4:17 pm

Supposedly an announcement about help for self employed people on Thursday, just seen it on sky news online page.

Al.
White/red BMW R1200R Sport
Shiny Red Honda Civic
Shiny Silver MR2 vvti Roadster. Going to be sold
White Peugeot Boxer Camper Conversion.
Battle scarred Suzuki Burgman 125,(Mrs Als) going to be sold
Suzuki VanVan 125

boxerscott

Postby boxerscott » Wed Mar 25, 2020 9:10 pm

London is not closed. Our capital city , home of the mother of all Parliaments. Tubes still running full of scaffs, chippies, block layers of all nationalities. Constructing luxury apartments amongst other things (fuelled in the main by foreign and Cronie investment money). These guys constructing may just not be legals and government have not the stomach to shut it down.

Housebuilders play by the rules, conveniently, not for health and safety reasons but purely for hard business reasons. no one will now be able to afford a deposit for one anyway!

I wrote to my mp today... John, please at pm`s questions Chris from Jedburgh wants to know why when Italy declared national Disaster you still allowed non charter flights from Italy to UK? Was the government's initial policy herd immunity? Let a few pensioners die? has that now changed? is this lockdown applied to non london areas only?

In fairness i got a quick reply. It was pretty standard that touched all sensitive bases. He said he was getting 100 emails an hour and was not getting any sleep!!

Join the Club.

Chris
Fiat Panda.

Al

Postby Al » Wed Mar 25, 2020 10:49 pm

We flew into Heathrow from Sri Lanka yesterday, before we left we were scanned twice within the airport with temperature sensing cameras at both Colombo and Abu Dhabi, all cabin crew were masked and gloved along with just about any airport worker who interacted with passengers, at Heathrow, nothing, no cameras, masks or gloves and worker’s touching and guiding passengers etc, the arrivals board showed incoming flights from France,Italy Spain etc!!
Looking on Etihads website every country has a list of restrictions that apply to passengers entering that country, the UK doesn’t have any as yet, Closed we are not!,,

Al.
Shiny Red Honda Civic
Suzuki VanVan 125

popsky

Postby popsky » Thu Mar 26, 2020 6:20 am

Al wrote:We flew into Heathrow from Sri Lanka yesterday, before we left we were scanned twice within the airport with temperature sensing cameras at both Colombo and Abu Dhabi, all cabin crew were masked and gloved along with just about any airport worker who interacted with passengers, at Heathrow, nothing, no cameras, masks or gloves and worker’s touching and guiding passengers etc, the arrivals board showed incoming flights from France,Italy Spain etc!!
Looking on Etihads website every country has a list of restrictions that apply to passengers entering that country, the UK doesn’t have any as yet, Closed we are not!,,

Al.

BLOODY HELL :shock:
Phil.

R1200S and loving it !

Al

Postby Al » Fri Mar 27, 2020 10:54 am

Fortunately as I am retired and Sue is a community health worker we are shielded from the effects of business closures and being self employed, seems to be a mixed reaction and a lack of detailed information on the package on offer from the state to those affected, I know a lot on here are caught up in this situation and is enough being done to enable you guys to survive with jobs and businesses and homes when this is over?

Al.
Shiny Red Honda Civic
Suzuki VanVan 125

popsky

Postby popsky » Fri Mar 27, 2020 12:21 pm

Al wrote:Fortunately as I am retired and Sue is a community health worker we are shielded from the effects of business closures and being self employed, seems to be a mixed reaction and a lack of detailed information on the package on offer from the state to those affected, I know a lot on here are caught up in this situation and is enough being done to enable you guys to survive with jobs and businesses and homes when this is over?

Al.

In my opinion no is the simple answer Al, when I impute our details for universal credit, computer said no nothing zilch, Karen won’t get the 80% of her profit till June and as I have a limited company and I’m not eligible for any grants as far I can see, I could pay myself statutory sick pay and then try to claim the 80% of my salary.

So IF we do get anything in the short term we’d be looking at about £800 month tops
Phil.

R1200S and loving it !

SP250

Postby SP250 » Fri Mar 27, 2020 8:57 pm

I'm in the same boat Phil - can't get any help and have 95% drop in people to talk to and buy from us.
This won't go away and be back to normal in 4 months either.
John M

Return to “Boxerbanter”