Closed ....

Pull up a chair - let's talk Boxerbollox

Moderators: Gromit, Paul, slparry

GerryB

Re: Closed ....

Postby GerryB » Sat Mar 28, 2020 7:20 am

Al wrote:Fortunately as I am retired and Sue is a community health worker we are shielded from the effects of business closures and being self employed, seems to be a mixed reaction and a lack of detailed information on the package on offer from the state to those affected, I know a lot on here are caught up in this situation and is enough being done to enable you guys to survive with jobs and businesses and homes when this is over?

Al.

Al, I think the UK has handled this whole situation as a bit of a joke ...

The restrictions are so open to abuse , and due to misinterpretation its never going to work.

Here on day 12 of lock down, we are still losing upwards of 500 a day, and sadly 65% are in the 80s , however its rightly being taken very seriously.

Comments in the press attributed to Cummings , that he doesn't care about the elderly dying are absolutely horrendous.

I'm appalled , to say the least. Clearly he has so little respect for people, he should be :twisted: .... I don't know , jail is too good for him.

Please, I know we are all in this, I've not earned a cent since 15 March , and I see in Spanish newspapers, the govt is considering lock down until 26th April !!!

But , if it helps more of us survive, so be it .

I just wish UK would actually take it for the seriousness that it is .

Rant over .

Keep fit, healthy , rest well, and read lots of books .
Old man ... now .
Ex Off Road & Enduro Rider...

jeznewsome

Postby jeznewsome » Sat Mar 28, 2020 7:45 am

Keep safe Gerry, I expect that there will be further restrictions in the UK and sadly it'll go on a lot longer than the currently advertised 3 weeks.

At least there are plenty of things for me to fiddle with in the garage such that when the restrictions are lifted the two wheeled toys (motorised and push) should be in their best fettle for a good while.

GerryB

Postby GerryB » Sun Mar 29, 2020 7:22 am

jeznewsome wrote:Keep safe Gerry, I expect that there will be further restrictions in the UK and sadly it'll go on a lot longer than the currently advertised 3 weeks.

At least there are plenty of things for me to fiddle with in the garage such that when the restrictions are lifted the two wheeled toys (motorised and push) should be in their best fettle for a good while.

I agree Jez.

My bikes are cleaned , all except the mountain bike, have got around to that yet , mind you its just dust from the dirt roads around here .

It looks like we will be restricted to the 26th of April , reading Spanish news papers ....

So, a few weeks to wait to getting out and about .

I've been plinking with a few of my air pistols on my terrace ...

Just to pass the time , not shot any competitions for more than 5 years

Keep safe guys, this virus is deadly , 800 dead here on friday, over 700 yesterday .... and we are now on day 14 of lock down !!
Old man ... now .

Ex Off Road & Enduro Rider...

Return to “Boxerbanter”