Moderators: Gromit, Paul, slparry

slparry

Virtual Biking .....

Postby slparry » Thu Mar 26, 2020 12:12 pm

… well as we're grounded I've been getting some virtual mileage in with this

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OX27xuzlT_k
--
Steve Parry

Current fleet: '14 F800GS, '87 R80RS, '03 R1100S BoxerCup, '15 R1200RT LE Dynamic, '90 K1

popsky

Re: Virtual Biking .....

Postby popsky » Thu Mar 26, 2020 1:46 pm

I’ve been playing that Steve only trouble is the game engine is based on a car game and that’s how the bikes behave, if you shut the throttle the back end lets go, it’s a real shame cause going over the mountain flat out is satisfying, I’ve picked up MotoGP 19, very good I’ve won the Red Bull rookies cup and now negotiating Moto3, 1 win so far in Argentina and iirc 5th in the championship, I’m touching in my wife’s………………

Salon, lol just making it look good for the inevitable rush of ladies needing hair cut/coloured, it’s really amazing she’s had loads of her clients phone up to offer her money to stay afloat :shock: waiting for Rishi Sunik to cheers us up today.
Phil.

R1200S and loving it !

Hoch Bergstraßenjäger…………………………………

SP250

Postby SP250 » Thu Mar 26, 2020 5:16 pm

Started to watch that and some of the lines taken were totally comical / wrong so gave up by the time it got to Union Mills.
John M

popsky

Postby popsky » Thu Mar 26, 2020 5:32 pm

SP250 wrote:Started to watch that and some of the lines taken were totally comical / wrong so gave up by the time it got to Union Mills.

It’s a game John you can’t play like you ride, there’s no feedback in a controller and when you correct a mistake the bike will naturally over correct hence going off line.
Phil.

R1200S and loving it !

SP250

Postby SP250 » Thu Mar 26, 2020 8:11 pm

I get that Phil, but its probably why I don't play video games, because its not like the real thing.

The number of people who said they had learnt the track on their xbox or what ever, when they rocked up to their first trackday and proceeded to tell the instructors they "knew it all" was staggering.
They didn't appreciate it when told it was of little use.
Clearly I am old school and analogue, as compared to younger digital guys.
John M

popsky

Postby popsky » Thu Mar 26, 2020 8:22 pm

Your right John, and a game is a GAME not to be confused with the real thing by any stretch of the imagination, but it can be fun, the MotoGP 19 game is good and when you get a run of corners right apex to apex on the gas it’s really satisfying, I usually play car games and have driven hundreds of laps round the ring and in no way would I think I know that track in-fact the only way you’d get me out there would be on a organised observed session with a track instructor. In my defence I’ve never been on any track, before all the track day enthusiasts jump in :mrgreen:
Phil.

R1200S and loving it !

slparry

Postby slparry » Fri Mar 27, 2020 1:40 pm

Being a nerd I'm actually quite excited at this revision of Microsoft Flight Simulator....

This should scratch the realism itch John :)

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Fj8h6yibHHc
--
Steve Parry

Current fleet: '14 F800GS, '87 R80RS, '03 R1100S BoxerCup, '15 R1200RT LE Dynamic, '90 K1

boxerscott

Postby boxerscott » Fri Mar 27, 2020 7:29 pm

slparry wrote:Being a nerd I'm actually quite excited at this revision of Microsoft Flight Simulator....

This should scratch the realism itch John :)

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Fj8h6yibHHc
I do not know why anyone should feel grounded. Who are they trying to kid? Some Lockdown, the inmates are running riot.

https://www.flightradar24.com/51.5,-0.12/8
Fiat Panda.
Fiat Scudo (with speedblock, pipe carrier, reversing sensors, reversing camera, tow bar, some new rust and Fake Plumber logo)

started out with nothing, still have most of it left.

SP250

Postby SP250 » Fri Mar 27, 2020 8:50 pm

Nope still doesn't excite me - have flown full size power and gliders and currently as you know, competition models so still keeping it real thanks.
John M

Return to “Boxerbanter”