A second romance

Pull up a chair - let's talk Boxerbollox

Moderators: Gromit, Paul, slparry

boxerscott

A second romance

Postby boxerscott » Wed Jul 15, 2020 12:38 am

having had a guzzi 8valve which steered and handled like a cow (Griso) despite its absolute soulful looks and premium build quality (second to none imo) I am now in the process of buying another of mandello`s finest. Hooked on the retro racer theme and enjoying the brilliant bmw Racer this caught my eye at Eicma last year. Not in UK yet due to Covid.

https://readspeed.piaggiogroup.co.uk/ne ... nniversary

The reviews on this bike are all very, very positive. The finish is bespoke I have seen it in the flesh. Can not wait for test ride and hoping like mad it is all true.

Divine looking motorcycle.

Chris
Fiat Panda.
Fiat Scudo (with speedblock, pipe carrier, reversing sensors, reversing camera, tow bar, some new rust and Fake Plumber logo)

started out with nothing, still have most of it left.

Blackal

Re: A second romance

Postby Blackal » Wed Jul 15, 2020 2:44 am

Hang on - I’ll get the spreadsheet out.................. :lol:
If I am ever on life support - Unplug me......
Then plug me back in..........

See if that works .....
:?

BoxerCup R

Postby BoxerCup R » Wed Jul 15, 2020 5:34 am

I've liked the look of the modern V7 model since I first saw it, especially the ali tank example Chris. It certainly is handsome bike.

You're going to have two similar bikes in the stable then ? Thought you might get something different, maybe a sports tourer perhaps, a mile muncher, just to give yourself options :wink:

When's your test ride ? :bounce:
"02 Yamaha XJR 1300SP in Kenny Roberts Yellow - (bought new)
"18 BMW S1000R Sports - (bought new)

"11 Porsche Boxster 987 S Black Edition No.261 of 987

dave the german

Postby dave the german » Wed Jul 15, 2020 5:13 pm

He just needs to get a bloody GS!!!
'15 R1200GS TE
'06 R1200S
'04 BCR
Yam SR 500 long term restoration
wanna win the lottery and ride my bike

boxerscott

Postby boxerscott » Wed Jul 15, 2020 9:37 pm

John, Arranging a test ride of a v7111 stone tomoz with Jim Allan, doubt very much I will get the 10th Anni racer version to test ride. If it lives up to the hype and my expectations then I will find it hard to resist. Exciting! a new bike.

Dave, Mate, it aint gonna happen... ever :wink: Have you booked for the Bucchie yet?

Chris
Fiat Panda.
Fiat Scudo (with speedblock, pipe carrier, reversing sensors, reversing camera, tow bar, some new rust and Fake Plumber logo)

BoxerCup R

Postby BoxerCup R » Thu Jul 16, 2020 4:42 am

Excellent stuff, we await your unbiased review :lol:

Paul
Wanna buy a sticker mister?

Postby Paul » Thu Jul 16, 2020 7:24 am

Would look good if you could get those perky pistons professionally lowered down to horizontal, as nature intended :wink:
You really need only two tools: WD-40 and duct tape. If it doesn't move and it should, use WD-40. If it moves and shouldn't, use the tape.

dave the german

Postby dave the german » Thu Jul 16, 2020 8:56 am

boxerscott wrote:John, Arranging a test ride of a v7111 stone tomoz with Jim Allan, doubt very much I will get the 10th Anni racer version to test ride. If it lives up to the hype and my expectations then I will find it hard to resist. Exciting! a new bike.

Dave, Mate, it aint gonna happen... ever :wink: Have you booked for the Bucchie yet?

Chris

LOL.Unfortunately Bucchie is a no go again due to y work schedule. As no one was taking holidays during lockdown, we have too many off later in the year.
'15 R1200GS TE

'06 R1200S

'04 BCR

Yam SR 500 long term restoration

wanna win the lottery and ride my bike

BoxerCup R

Postby BoxerCup R » Sat Jul 18, 2020 3:34 am

Chris > Do you know if BMW do a Diesel version ? :dontknow: (asking for a friend) :wink:

boxerscott

Postby boxerscott » Sat Jul 18, 2020 9:20 pm

BoxerCup R wrote:Chris > Do you know if BMW do a Diesel version ? :dontknow: (asking for a friend) :wink:
John , can only think of one model variant it has a rear blue wheel and a tubeless spokey upfront :oops: :oops: I hope this is helpful for your friend.

Do you ever sleep? :wink:

:lol:
Fiat Panda.

BoxerCup R

Postby BoxerCup R » Sun Jul 19, 2020 4:33 am

boxerscott wrote:
BoxerCup R wrote:Chris > Do you know if BMW do a Diesel version ? :dontknow: (asking for a friend) :wink:
John , can only think of one model variant it has a rear blue wheel and a tubeless spokey upfront :oops: :oops: I hope this is helpful for your friend.

Do you ever sleep? :wink:

:lol:

Thank you, I'll let him know :thumbleft:

Yes, usually from 10pm - 4:30am - ish :lol:

boxerscott

Postby boxerscott » Fri Jul 24, 2020 7:45 pm

My plans have stalled slightly. Piaggio are known for not having dealerships like we see with Honda, Bmw, HD and in fairness from the franchisees point of view they can be frustrating to work with in spite of producing top class products. I have learned from a dealer that the model i like is not coming to the uk. My only option is to buy from EU and register here. I guess if this is not too problematic then 2020 is a better time to do this than when we may exit without a a deal later this year.

Weather permitting I am going down to Thirsk tomoz to test ride a v7111 motor. If the torque and handling is decent i will go further, in spite of my previous guzzi experience I still want another!

While talking things Italian... Milan Bike Show in November is a go :idea: :idea:

Chris
Fiat Panda.

BoxerCup R

Postby BoxerCup R » Sat Jul 25, 2020 5:06 am

If you speak to Andy (the owner) or Jackie in the clothing dept be sure to mention my name Chris :wink:

Hope the weather is ok in Yorkshire, we’re in our hired VW Campervan near Knockhill for last night and it’s pissing down :lol: Great van though 8)

big rob

Postby big rob » Sat Jul 25, 2020 6:43 am

boxerscott wrote:My plans have stalled slightly. Piaggio are known for not having dealerships like we see with Honda, Bmw, HD and in fairness from the franchisees point of view they can be frustrating to work with in spite of producing top class products. I have learned from a dealer that the model i like is not coming to the uk. My only option is to buy from EU and register here. I guess if this is not too problematic then 2020 is a better time to do this than when we may exit without a a deal later this year.

Weather permitting I am going down to Thirsk tomoz to test ride a v7111 motor. If the torque and handling is decent i will go further, in spite of my previous guzzi experience I still want another!

While talking things Italian... Milan Bike Show in November is a go :idea: :idea:

Chris

Chris, we saw a Moto Guzzi V7 Stornello Scrambler in the flesh yesterday, apart from the exhaust, it is a very pretty machine.
The range of new V7's available just now seem to represent excellent value for money (we know how important that is to you being a Yorkshire man :wink: )
Hope the test ride goes well.

Rob & Gail

Steve h

Postby Steve h » Sat Jul 25, 2020 1:45 pm

Chris, I had an 1100 Griso and swapped it for a 2015 Griso 1200SE. The 1200 handled like an absolute pig, to the point where I stopped riding it. On the advice of a mate I swapped the tyres for Michelin PR4's the 1200 became one of the nicest rides I've ever owned.
Back on a Boxer

Return to “Boxerbanter”