Anyone used Car Covers Factory UK?

Pull up a chair - let's talk Boxerbollox

Moderators: Gromit, Paul, slparry

Grip Fast

Anyone used Car Covers Factory UK?

Postby Grip Fast » Wed Jul 15, 2020 1:01 pm

I've just ordered a new cover for my R12S from Car Covers Factory UK. It seemed to be just what I was looking for plus a long guarantee. But stupidly (maybe?) ordered before checking reviews of the company. Can't find reviews of the UK company, but a similarly named company, probably in USA (prices in dollars) gets terrible reviews - product not what's advertised, not delivered, etc.

So slightly panicked in case this is the same lot, and I've just bought trouble instead of a really good bike cover. Any experience of them?

Edit: well going by dreadful reviews on trust pilot and Facebook, including those of a sister company LaptopChargerFactory, I've made a bad mistake. Their website looks really good and fully featured, and cover was just what I wanted, but I can't find a single good review yet. I'll give it until the "guaranteed delivery date" (Monday) and see what arrives or not. I'm usually very careful about checking these things before buying, but sucked in by professional website or lockdown has addled my brain. I hope I'm wrong, but if I'm not, I hope that my Pal who Payed will stump up the refund if non-delivery or not what I ordered.
:oops: :cry:

Grip Fast

Re: Anyone used Car Covers Factory UK?

Postby Grip Fast » Fri Jul 17, 2020 10:18 pm

It seems the Car Covers UK website is just a sales front for the USA company. But, unlike the terrible reviews I read, my experience has been quite good, and I'm happy with the product (new cover for the R1200S). Good communication from the company, and great communication from FedEx. The cover came from Sugar Land, Texas Wednesday evening (so ruined my green credentials for the year), landed at Stansted yesterday morning, and delivered to me this morning, three days ahead of the "guaranteed" delivery date.

The cover is perfect for what I want. Made of tough material, fleece lined and an elasticated edge (a little tight to get on), and a belt, the cover ain't goin' nowhere even in a hurricane. Fits perfectly. Towards the top end of what I'd pay for a cover, but free delivery from Texas, and a long guarantee. Hopefully it'll see me out.

It came with a free security cable and padlock... they came out of a Christmas cracker, but the cover is quality.

Paul
Wanna buy a sticker mister?

Postby Paul » Sun Jul 19, 2020 6:45 am

Glad to hear it all worked out well in the end. Are you going to post any pictures of it on the bike, for our viewing pleasure?

Cheers,

Paul
You really need only two tools: WD-40 and duct tape. If it doesn't move and it should, use WD-40. If it moves and shouldn't, use the tape.

Grip Fast

Postby Grip Fast » Sat Jul 25, 2020 2:05 pm

If you insist!??

The log is my "Oor Wullie" seat*. It's the perfect height for fettling brakes etc (none of this hydraulic lift workbench nonsense for me).

* Oor Wullie, for those who don't know, is a Scottish cartoon boy with spikey hair, by DC Thomson, Dundee publishers, who usually starts and ends each adventure sitting on an upturned bucket in his back yard.

IMG_0296.JPG
IMG_0296.JPG (519.3 KiB) Viewed 4690 times

Perhaps a more interesting photo (with dog instead of Oor Wullie seat)

IMG_0297.JPG
IMG_0297.JPG (859.55 KiB) Viewed 4690 times

dave the german

Postby dave the german » Sat Jul 25, 2020 5:31 pm

Grip Fast wrote:If you insist!??

The log is my "Oor Wullie" seat*. It's the perfect height for fettling brakes etc (none of this hydraulic lift workbench nonsense for me).

* Oor Wullie, for those who don't know, is a Scottish cartoon boy with spikey hair, by DC Thomson, Dundee publishers, who usually starts and ends each adventure sitting on an upturned bucket in his back yard.

IMG_0296.JPG

Perhaps a more interesting photo (with dog instead of Oor Wullie seat)

IMG_0297.JPG

And he wore dungarees - I think it was so he could keep his jeely piece in the pocket - ABSOLUTELY LOVED Our Wullie and The Broons!!!!!!
'15 R1200GS TE
'06 R1200S
'04 BCR
Yam SR 500 long term restoration
wanna win the lottery and ride my bike

Return to “Boxerbanter”