Should I shxt can my Spain tour end of Sep /Oct?

Pull up a chair - let's talk Boxerbollox

Moderators: Gromit, Paul, slparry

boxerscott

Re: Should I shxt can my Spain tour end of Sep /Oct?

Postby boxerscott » Wed Aug 12, 2020 9:05 pm

So gentlemen, we have agreed to make our decision on the 11th of september depending on the rules, guidelines that are in place then. I so look forward to our annual Spain tour but am resigned to be disappointed if things take a turn for the worse. Sadly this event has cost people more than a lost holiday but as is said life has to go on and we may just have to live with this. Everyone be mindful, respectful of the rules and guidelines.

Thanks all for the opinions shared, I am crap at making decisions, I went to an assertiveness class once but was fearful of putting my hand up to ask questions :wink:

Amanda says thanks and i feel she is a bit more relaxed about hearing things from the Iberia.

Edit. Oh by the way John, i took your advice and got on my bike for a ride yesterday... coming back from Ebro on the a68.. 8pm Dalkieth Bypass to Caefraemill roundabout.. My skeleton illuminated on at least 4 occasions, avoided a rapid falls on the crawler lane up Soutra, got soaked to the skin , could see feck all through a misted visor. Left the Bridge Inn at Ratho in glorious sunshine thought to self the Gods look angry. Unbelievable. I looked so Cafetastic. Cheers Mate. :lol:

Chris. :
Fiat Panda.
Fiat Scudo (with speedblock, pipe carrier, reversing sensors, reversing camera, tow bar, some new rust and Fake Plumber logo)

started out with nothing, still have most of it left.

BoxerCup R

Postby BoxerCup R » Thu Aug 13, 2020 4:12 am

boxerscott wrote:So gentlemen, we have agreed to make our decision on the 11th of september depending on the rules, guidelines that are in place then. I so look forward to our annual Spain tour but am resigned to be disappointed if things take a turn for the worse. Sadly this event has cost people more than a lost holiday but as is said life has to go on and we may just have to live with this. Everyone be mindful, respectful of the rules and guidelines.

Thanks all for the opinions shared, I am crap at making decisions, I went to an assertiveness class once but was fearful of putting my hand up to ask questions :wink:

Amanda says thanks and i feel she is a bit more relaxed about hearing things from the Iberia.

Edit. Oh by the way John, i took your advice and got on my bike for a ride yesterday... coming back from Ebro on the a68.. 8pm Dalkieth Bypass to Caefraemill roundabout.. My skeleton illuminated on at least 4 occasions, avoided a rapid falls on the crawler lane up Soutra, got soaked to the skin , could see feck all through a misted visor. Left the Bridge Inn at Ratho in glorious sunshine thought to self the Gods look angry. Unbelievable. I looked so Cafetastic. Cheers Mate. :lol:

Chris. :

We're all individuals Chris and are capable of making our own decisions for ourselves and no one else and I can tell you really want to go on your annual tour to Spain and I hope you get there Mate, for your sanity, enjoyment and some sun on your back and I know, if you decide to go, you will both follow good protocol washing hands, wearing masks where required and keeping Socially Distant from everyone, you are sensible folk :thumbright:

I concur you are bloody useless at making the right decision anyway, fancy deciding to put Derv in your bike :lol: :wink:

Glad you got home safe from your bike ride :hello1: you couldn't have picked a worse evening to ride Mate, well done and another 'crap decision' made :shock: :lol: Look forward to hearing all about it at the bar in Moffat 8)

I'm setting off this aft on my XJR heading to Baskerville Hall near Hereford for our XJROC AGM weekend. Stopping over night midway to break the journey up I'm so looking forward to being away on the bike again :wink: Hope we get some dry roads and at least some sun :D
"02 Yamaha XJR 1300SP in Kenny Roberts Yellow - (bought new)
"18 BMW S1000R Sports - (bought new)

"11 Porsche Boxster 987 S Black Edition No.261 of 987

boxerscott

Postby boxerscott » Thu Aug 13, 2020 8:16 pm

Have a good one John. I hope the gods fully vented their spleens over Midlothian on Tuesday evening and all the Tempest is heading North and not South for you.

:wink:

chris
Fiat Panda.
Fiat Scudo (with speedblock, pipe carrier, reversing sensors, reversing camera, tow bar, some new rust and Fake Plumber logo)

dave the german

Postby dave the german » Fri Aug 14, 2020 2:53 am

I'm setting off this aft on my XJR heading to Baskerville Hall near Hereford for our XJROC AGM weekend. Stopping over night midway to break the journey up I'm so looking forward to being away on the bike again :wink: Hope we get some dry roads and at least some sun :D[/quote]

John were you going over Shap last night about 5 20ish? Reg ending CCN? You passed me a couple of times whilst I was in the Bog Roll Express
'15 R1200GS TE
'06 R1200S
'04 BCR
Yam SR 500 long term restoration
wanna win the lottery and ride my bike

Blackal

Postby Blackal » Fri Aug 14, 2020 4:37 am

Looks like HMG are going to screw up any confidence in travelling to continental Europe for the rest of the year.

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-politics-53773914

FCO Advice also rules out France etc so travel insurance will only be valid until you return to UK.

France will reciprocate, and that will be that.

I would hope that sense would prevail before the whole cross-channel transport infrastructure collapses.

Next year? Who knows!
If I am ever on life support - Unplug me......
Then plug me back in..........

See if that works .....
:?

boxerscott

Postby boxerscott » Sun Aug 16, 2020 6:48 pm

They certainly are. I am suspicious about the true motive behind this. I am thinking it may be more of a political decision rather than wholly a scientific health care one. When you consider the billions this lockdown has cost and the proportion of Furlough cash put into peoples pockets... are they wanting to keep that in the UK? is this a move to stop the economy from further freefall?

Looks less likely our Spanish tour will happen. Never been to Ireland maybe this is a possibility. I want to stay well clear of vanman wild campers and all the mess they leave behind.

Chris
Fiat Panda.

Blackal

Postby Blackal » Sun Aug 16, 2020 6:57 pm

Without wanting this to develop into a political discussion:

I think Governments (in general) want to avoid being blamed for anything - so create a strategy that is 'slightly' harmful to their own economy, but is born by other countries' industries.

I'm so glad that we sorted all our preparations for 9th July. Might have to buy a Campervan for next year.

Ireland could be good, but could also throw a curveball on isolations??

I'd recommend Wales, but they shag sheep.............

See if that works .....

boxerscott

Postby boxerscott » Mon Aug 17, 2020 8:36 pm

Not sure about the sheep thing but it is true about localised lockdowns in Ireland.

So we have deferred our Ferry ticket over to next year and to sail on the new cruise ferry Galicia. Spain is canned for this year sadly. Ireland not a goer due to localised lockdowns. We are planning (subject to availability) to holiday Costa East Neuk. :bounce:

Chris
Fiat Panda.

Al

Postby Al » Mon Aug 17, 2020 8:48 pm

We have obviously binned our trip to France this coming Friday and was thinking of heading north to add our van to the NC 500 carnage :D

Al.
White/red BMW R1200R Sport
Shiny Red Honda Civic
Shiny Silver MR2 vvti Roadster. Going to be sold
White Peugeot Boxer Camper Conversion.
Battle scarred Suzuki Burgman 125,(Mrs Als) going to be sold
Suzuki VanVan 125

BoxerCup R

Postby BoxerCup R » Wed Aug 19, 2020 4:59 am

boxerscott wrote:Have a good one John. I hope the gods fully vented their spleens over Midlothian on Tuesday evening and all the Tempest is heading North and not South for you.

:wink:

chris

Thanks Chris, it was a belter, write up to follow :wink:

dave the german wrote:John were you going over Shap last night about 5 20ish? Reg ending CCN? You passed me a couple of times whilst I was in the Bog Roll Express

Yeah, I'd stopped at Tebay Services :D It was a gorgeous evening for riding Dave and the driving was particularly good on the motorway I did notice 8) Should've give me a thumbs up :wink:
"02 Yamaha XJR 1300SP in Kenny Roberts Yellow - (bought new)
"18 BMW S1000R Sports - (bought new)

"11 Porsche Boxster 987 S Black Edition No.261 of 987

dave the german

Postby dave the german » Wed Aug 19, 2020 6:24 pm

Didn't realise til you were past. I usually stop at Killington Lake on the way down - thought you might have been in there
'15 R1200GS TE

'06 R1200S

'04 BCR

Yam SR 500 long term restoration

wanna win the lottery and ride my bike

boxerscott

Postby boxerscott » Thu Aug 20, 2020 8:02 am

Al wrote:We have obviously binned our trip to France this coming Friday and was thinking of heading north to add our van to the NC 500 carnage :D

Al.

Tough luck Al, hope the Scottish plans come to fruition, I am informed that we now have our Hols sorted, 5 nights in a gaff at Kirkcudbright, 3 nights in another gaff at Portpatrick and 3 nights sharing a modest Tavern with some Bro`s in Moffat. All simultaneous. So much for Spain, Ireland and East Neuk!! The Boxertrix rideout will get a damn good scoping :wink:

John, Glad Wales shone for you guys.

Chris.
Fiat Panda.

Al

Postby Al » Thu Aug 20, 2020 10:09 pm

We have decided to head for Germany tomorrow, possibly up to the Baltic & maybe Denmark, as long as we don’t stop or interact with anybody while we are driving through France we don’t need to quarantine, will take a chance that the F***wits in charge won’t add Germany to the unclean list, if they do we will have to do the time in solitary, still think it’s a better option than joining the masses causing problems around the country. Seems to be plenty of space on the tunnel crossings.

Al.
White/red BMW R1200R Sport
Shiny Red Honda Civic
Shiny Silver MR2 vvti Roadster. Going to be sold
White Peugeot Boxer Camper Conversion.
Battle scarred Suzuki Burgman 125,(Mrs Als) going to be sold
Suzuki VanVan 125

Blackal

Postby Blackal » Thu Aug 20, 2020 10:21 pm

Watch your speed in Denmark - very heavy-handed over there.

See if that works .....

SP250

Postby SP250 » Fri Aug 21, 2020 9:32 am

Good luck Al - always fancied a trip to Denmark, but never made it past Assen circuit!
John M

Return to “Boxerbanter”