Boxertrix Roll of Honour: Most prolific posters

Pull up a chair - let's talk Boxerbollox

Moderators: Gromit, Paul, slparry

Paul
Wanna buy a sticker mister?

Re: Boxertrix Roll of Honour: Most prolific posters

Postby Paul » Fri Oct 23, 2020 1:05 pm

The Yahoo site was a bulletin board with essentially one long thread that we all posted on, if I remember correctly.
You really need only two tools: WD-40 and duct tape. If it doesn't move and it should, use WD-40. If it moves and shouldn't, use the tape.

boxerscott

Postby boxerscott » Fri Oct 23, 2020 10:34 pm

I`m up for a birthday party.. no if`s or buts or mebbees cos it seem to me the the first trixter meet sounds just as exciting as the last one. Regardless of all the negativity and bullshit that is going on with this so called pandemic that is not killin anyone than those who are dodging a coffin anyway!! Its feckin bollox, stop kiddin yourselves about zoomin and we`ll meet again cos we feckin wont if we listen anymore to these pandemic scientists and graph makers. Its bullshit.

Who`s going to organize this? Do we have to dig Winston Churchill up?

I`m with the 83 year old Yorkie lassie who called it straight on TV the other night. We have got to live with this, not feckin lock ourselves away and listen to the shitstream pouring out from media and the wankers we did not elect to control our lives..

So some one step up and lets have a 20th party or shut the fook up. :wink: :wink:
Fiat Panda.
Fiat Scudo (with speedblock, pipe carrier, reversing sensors, reversing camera, tow bar, some new rust and Fake Plumber logo)

started out with nothing, still have most of it left.

Blackal

Postby Blackal » Sat Oct 24, 2020 3:23 am

boxerscott wrote:I`m up for a birthday party.. no if`s or buts or mebbees cos it seem to me the the first trixter meet sounds just as exciting as the last one. Regardless of all the negativity and bullshit that is going on with this so called pandemic that is not killin anyone than those who are dodging a coffin anyway!! Its feckin bollox, stop kiddin yourselves about zoomin and we`ll meet again cos we feckin wont if we listen anymore to these pandemic scientists and graph makers. Its bullshit.

Who`s going to organize this? Do we have to dig Winston Churchill up?

I`m with the 83 year old Yorkie lassie who called it straight on TV the other night. We have got to live with this, not feckin lock ourselves away and listen to the shitstream pouring out from media and the wankers we did not elect to control our lives..

So some one step up and lets have a 20th party or shut the fook up. :wink: :wink:

“Sir! Step away from the bottle!” .
Attachments
676FBC61-4C1D-42E5-B0CE-330B529415B7.jpeg
676FBC61-4C1D-42E5-B0CE-330B529415B7.jpeg (101.68 KiB) Viewed 7214 times
If I am ever on life support - Unplug me......
Then plug me back in..........

See if that works .....
:?

dave the german

Postby dave the german » Sat Oct 24, 2020 3:53 am

Are you going out earlier Chris for the early last orders? (or is it different oop norf? I'm not taken much notice of the news at the mo)
'15 R1200GS TE
'06 R1200S
'04 BCR
Yam SR 500 long term restoration
wanna win the lottery and ride my bike

herrman
Trixter Tour Manager

Postby herrman » Sat Oct 24, 2020 5:55 am

Ahh yes, I remember that first meeting. We met up at Peterbourgh Services and rode over to Ashbourn - it seemed quite central at the time. If I remember correctly there was myself, Richard, Nigel, Malc, Mal and one other who's name I've forgotton and Winger came over to the hotel at breakfast on the Sun morning. Is it really that long ago!! Happy days.

Peter.

GerryB

Postby GerryB » Sat Oct 24, 2020 10:55 am

I was shocked to see my name there ....

Living here in sunny Spain, riding a few times a week, I don't spend nearly as much time on the web, as I used to , when I was "toiling" for a living in UK.

It hardly seems like work, being a garden boy / pool cleaner out here !!!

Who knows, with any luck some time next year the dee w pee may find time to actually process my pension .

Spent more than 3 hours holding on the phone over the last few weeks, and to be honest , my experience with "real peeple" when they bother to answer the phone has been less than helpful !!!

I will now be sending my application to my daughter to post , recorded , because so far, despite having proof its been signed for , they "have no record" of my application , I'm guessing because its Spanish post marked ...

I live in frustrated hope !!!

Keep up the good work on the forum guys, its always interesting to read others perspectives and problems .
Old man ... now .
Ex Off Road & Enduro Rider...

slparry

Postby slparry » Sat Oct 24, 2020 6:28 pm

Nice :)
--
Steve Parry

Current fleet: '14 F800GS, '87 R80RS, '03 R1100S BoxerCup, '15 R1200RT LE Dynamic, '90 K1

herrman
Trixter Tour Manager

Postby herrman » Sun Oct 25, 2020 4:25 pm

If I remember correctly in true Gromit fashion (he used to change bike's weekly) for our first meet he turned up on a new R1100r - - back then retirement was just a dream and here we are a load of pensioners!! If ive got it right first met Paul in 2001 at the BMF Show back at Peterbourgh, both had manderin 1100s's in those days- - how times have changed.

Peter

Gromit

Postby Gromit » Mon Oct 26, 2020 10:14 am

herrman wrote:Ahh yes, I remember that first meeting. We met up at Peterbourgh Services and rode over to Ashbourn - it seemed quite central at the time. If I remember correctly there was myself, Richard, Nigel, Malc, Mal and one other who's name I've forgotton and Winger came over to the hotel at breakfast on the Sun morning. Is it really that long ago!! Happy days.

Peter.

Peter - I think it was Tim (Spiralgalaxy) who was the chap you were thinking about. Might even have a photo of us all stood in the Cat & Fiddle car park.

Paul

Postby Paul » Mon Oct 26, 2020 11:07 am

herrman wrote: If ive got it right first met Paul in 2001 at the BMF Show back at Peterbourgh, both had manderin 1100s's in those days- - how times have changed.

Sounds entirely plausible to me. What about those early years runs out to Donnington park to watch the Boxercup series, with the support race series called MotoGP, or something like that. I took a load of pictures of the boxer cup bikes but not any I can find of us enjoying the plush spectator experience which Donnington was so renowned for (not...)

bc - 1.jpeg
bc - 1.jpeg (473.09 KiB) Viewed 7136 times

bc - 2.jpeg
bc - 2.jpeg (500.77 KiB) Viewed 7136 times

bc - 3.jpeg
bc - 3.jpeg (347.21 KiB) Viewed 7136 times

bc - 4.jpeg
bc - 4.jpeg (378.23 KiB) Viewed 7136 times

bc - 5.jpeg
bc - 5.jpeg (372.52 KiB) Viewed 7136 times

bc - 6.jpeg
bc - 6.jpeg (424.11 KiB) Viewed 7136 times

Cheers,

Paul
You really need only two tools: WD-40 and duct tape. If it doesn't move and it should, use WD-40. If it moves and shouldn't, use the tape.

Neil178

Postby Neil178 » Tue Oct 27, 2020 10:40 pm

Great photos Paul, thanks for posting them up. Some questionable colour schemes for sure :D
I was slow coming over here from the Yahoo site, it was only when it was myself left there and a few new guys that I shepherded here. I’m still lazy as f***.

JamesL

Postby JamesL » Wed Jan 06, 2021 5:21 pm

Shocker, I'm on there - I'll have a look in the shop...

I'm not retired (yet) but since starting to work for myself find a distinct lack of lunch breaks to browse the bollox. Still on the R100RS and the 115GS and got the RS to Shetland in the summer in the pause between lockdowns. Both still seem to be keepers and may yet be my terminal bikes, to paraphrase my late father in law. Mileage naturally pants last year, although being in a bubble with my aged mother and having occasional medical maintenance in London means I do still have a chance to get out and about.

Here we are at the end of the road (literally) at Skaw, Unst. From here, any direction heads you home...
ND7_0353 small.JPG
ND7_0353 small.JPG (305.36 KiB) Viewed 6671 times

J

Paul

Postby Paul » Wed Jan 06, 2021 8:01 pm

Great view and a smart looking bike.

JamesL

Postby JamesL » Sun Jan 10, 2021 4:29 pm

Thanks Paul - still a proper Real World bike - the one I always wanted since school...

Interestingly Shetland is nearer than you might think - from the Midlands it's 450 miles to Aberdeen, then overnight ferry gets you to Lerwick for brecky and you can be at the top of Unst well before lunch. So you can do a full on tour to the end of the UK in just a thousand miles or so if need be.

Return to “Boxerbanter”