Boxertrix Roll of Honour: Most prolific posters

Pull up a chair - let's talk Boxerbollox

Moderators: Gromit, Paul, slparry

Paul
Wanna buy a sticker mister?

Boxertrix Roll of Honour: Most prolific posters

Postby Paul » Thu Oct 22, 2020 12:35 pm

Folks,

Boxertrix has been around in its current form since 2004, when we transitioned from a successful Yahoo groups discussion board, which Gromit/Richard set up in 1999, or thereabouts. In that time, much Boxerbanter has occurred and many megabytes of Boxerbollux has been shared and preserved for posterity. In honour of the brave and prolific souls which keep the throbbing heart of Boxertrix beating, I have compiled a Roll of Honour recognising those folks who have contributed most prolifically to this very site. Unfortunately I don't have any logs from the Yahoo groups days, so this just covers the site in this current version since our transition from Yahoo groups in May 2004. These numbers are accurate up to today (October 22, 2020) and I won't be updating it anytime soon, even if you feel the urge to post a load more stuff to bump your name up the rankings. The names are organised alphabetically in each category so you can more easily locate yourself, if you are on there. Here is the Roll of Honour:

Roll of honour.png
Roll of honour.png (727.89 KiB) Viewed 8059 times

I hope a trawl through those names will bring back memories of some old friends that we have not heard from in quite a while.

Please accept a hearty thank you, from me, to all folks who have contributed to this site over the years. The volume of chatter has decreased over the years as the number of bike on the road has diminished but those of us who have stuck around even after switching to other bikes still enjoy the banter and get-togethers across the UK. Long may it continue.

I couldn't however let this pass without recognising that this Roll of Honour would make a great back print for a tee-shirt, so here it is in tee-shirt form:
ROHback.jpg
ROHback.jpg (227.84 KiB) Viewed 8059 times

But a teeshirt needs a front too, so how about a white red and blue BoxerCup style swoosh with a plain, unassuming golden Boxertrix logo?
ROHfront.jpg
ROHfront.jpg (167.19 KiB) Viewed 8059 times

Luckily these are available in mens and women's sizes in a variety of colours and shades of grey in the Emporio Boxertrix shop on TeeSpring.

OK, yes, I have turned this into a shameless plug to persuade you to buy a tee-shirt, but they would make an excellent Christmas gift to yourself and you could bask in the knowledge that your purchase also helps fund the continued operation of Boxertrix. My motivation is to keep the site running and give you something tangible (and hopefully tasteful) in return for your hard earned cash contribution to the site running costs. If they are not your cup of tea, that's fine, you are not obliged in any way shape or form to buy one, but it would look good on you :wink:

Here's to many more megabytes of Boxerbollux over the coming years.

Cheers,

Paul
You really need only two tools: WD-40 and duct tape. If it doesn't move and it should, use WD-40. If it moves and shouldn't, use the tape.

popsky

Re: Boxertrix Roll of Honour: Most prolific posters

Postby popsky » Thu Oct 22, 2020 6:36 pm

I likes it Paul :D and I think you’ve got an excellent T-shirt design as well, now where’s my wallet…
Phil.

R1200S and loving it !

Hoch Bergstraßenjäger…………………………………

timbox2

Postby timbox2 » Thu Oct 22, 2020 7:14 pm

Hi all, and Paul. Im still alive guys, just :D I was alerted to this by Mrs Winger, I see im still in the top slot. Ive moved over the border these days bike wise, to Austria and the Orange side. Hope most of you are still alive and enjoying lockdown, Im still lucky with being able to ride to places like this for work last week;

Best wishes to you all, well most of you :lol:

Tim
---------------------------

boxerscott

Postby boxerscott » Thu Oct 22, 2020 7:27 pm

Grand Idea Paul to rattle a few skelingtons out of the locker before Halloween.

Sadly the bulk of my posts did not match the superb quality of the Ale and Craft beer I had been quaffin` prior :lol:

Chris
Fiat Panda.
Fiat Scudo (with speedblock, pipe carrier, reversing sensors, reversing camera, tow bar, some new rust and Fake Plumber logo)

started out with nothing, still have most of it left.

BoxerCup R

Postby BoxerCup R » Thu Oct 22, 2020 7:34 pm

Hi Paul

You run a great Ship Mate, keep up the good work 8)

Very happy to be on the Roll of Honour being a fairly newbie but love the 'craic' and the folk on here and more so the people who are able to make the effort and attend the meets and weekends.

Looking forward to getting out the other side of this 'shit storm' of restrictions and meeting fellow Boxertrixters in a relaxed, face mask free environment :D

Great Tee by the way :wink:
"02 Yamaha XJR 1300SP in Kenny Roberts Yellow - (bought new)
"18 BMW S1000R Sports - (bought new)

"11 Porsche Boxster 987 S Black Edition No.261 of 987

Paul

Postby Paul » Thu Oct 22, 2020 8:06 pm

timbox2 wrote:Hi all, and Paul. Im still alive guys, just :D

Excellent to hear from you again Tim. I was hoping this might flush some of the old guard back out into the open. KTM is still teutonic enough to fit in around here.

All the best,

Paul
You really need only two tools: WD-40 and duct tape. If it doesn't move and it should, use WD-40. If it moves and shouldn't, use the tape.

boxerscott

Postby boxerscott » Thu Oct 22, 2020 8:36 pm

Tim :? Is the rear tyre on your bike the right way round?

I know sipe patterns get more obscure but it just don`t look right?

They are more defined than mine for sure :wink:
Fiat Panda.
Fiat Scudo (with speedblock, pipe carrier, reversing sensors, reversing camera, tow bar, some new rust and Fake Plumber logo)

started out with nothing, still have most of it left.

Blackal

Postby Blackal » Thu Oct 22, 2020 8:58 pm

boxerscott wrote:Tim :? Is the rear tyre on your bike the right way round?

I know sipe patterns get more obscure but it just don`t look right?

They are more defined than mine for sure :wink:

Seen condoms with more tread on them, than on your tyres - Chris! :lol:
If I am ever on life support - Unplug me......
Then plug me back in..........

See if that works .....
:?

Gromit

Postby Gromit » Thu Oct 22, 2020 10:19 pm

Wonderful stuff, Paul. :)

I remember (I think) contacting Nigel Speaight and Peter Lyon when we were members of the Pelican Parts forum which was very much USA-centric. A great forum, but felt we might like a more UK-based set-up. This was November 2000 (I'd had my first 1100S for a few months). They both agreed and so the Yahoo group was started.

First Trixter Weekend was in 2001, one night in Ashbourne, Derbyshire where a small handful (no more than 5 or 6) of like-minded-loons met up. Good times.

17th November this year we're 20 years young. :)

dave the german

Postby dave the german » Thu Oct 22, 2020 10:52 pm

Excellent stuff Paul!! I’ll be having a couple of T shirts shortly
'15 R1200GS TE
'06 R1200S
'04 BCR
Yam SR 500 long term restoration
wanna win the lottery and ride my bike

Paul

Postby Paul » Fri Oct 23, 2020 7:49 am

Gromit wrote:Wonderful stuff, Paul. :)

I remember (I think) contacting Nigel Speaight and Peter Lyon when we were members of the Pelican Parts forum which was very much USA-centric. A great forum, but felt we might like a more UK-based set-up. This was November 2000 (I'd had my first 1100S for a few months). They both agreed and so the Yahoo group was started.

First Trixter Weekend was in 2001, one night in Ashbourne, Derbyshire where a small handful (no more than 5 or 6) of like-minded-loons met up. Good times.

Hi Gromit,

Many thanks for clarifying the Boxertrix origin story. We must find some suitably auspicious way to commemorate the upcoming 20th anniversary. Any thoughts?

Cheers,

Paul

SP250

Postby SP250 » Fri Oct 23, 2020 8:08 am

Excellent Tee Paul and as a relative newbee into the delights of Trixterism (2013) I am proud to appear in the second tier of bollocks authors.

Would be a shame if the 20th anniversary was not celebrated by some sort of ceremony or gathering, but just at the moment a zoom session from the comfort of our own living rooms with a glass of whatever floats your boat, doesn't seem appropriate enough.
John M

popsky

Postby popsky » Fri Oct 23, 2020 8:26 am

Gromit wrote:

Why oh why did it have to be this date :cry:

I have 2 events the day before one being a big kitchen project that I’ve promised the customer to be working on for the duration and the other is (and the most important) Mrs Popsky’s b’day and I’ve promised to take my darling wife out for the day, so I’m going to upset someone and it ain’t gonna be the F8r nutter :mrgreen:

So unfortunately a zoom and beer would have to be the only option for me. But next May in Cricceith I will deffo raise a glass :occasion5:
Phil.

R1200S and loving it !

Hoch Bergstraßenjäger…………………………………

andy griff

Postby andy griff » Fri Oct 23, 2020 8:29 am

Crikey - my name on something - gotta buy one of those for when I get forgetful :D :D :D

Well done Paul ( and those that started this great and friendly forum)

Had an R1100RS late 1990s - querky but got to love it
Bought my first R1100S in 2002- ish . Lovely Bumbleee
Went away in 2006 - back in 2009 Gorgeous Mandarin R1100S
2012 - R1200S - yellow stunner
Let that go in 2015 for an R1200RS . Now on my 2nd one

Brilliant Boxer engine through the ages !!

Blackal

Postby Blackal » Fri Oct 23, 2020 9:24 am

So - how did forums operate in Yahoo?

Was it a bulletin board, or something else? I have no recollection of seeing one - back then.
If I am ever on life support - Unplug me......
Then plug me back in..........

See if that works .....
:?

Return to “Boxerbanter”