Has Covid restrictions stopped people posting?

Pull up a chair - let's talk Boxerbollox

Moderators: Gromit, Paul, slparry

boxerscott

Has Covid restrictions stopped people posting?

Postby boxerscott » Wed Mar 24, 2021 10:34 pm

So , vowed to do more miles this year. To that end I have been out for the last three weekends , Essential 40mile round trips for a Greggs sausage roll (Ride out to help Out) keep the cogs of the economy ticking over. A 500miler for an essential blast down to Northampton to keep the safety cameras in business :? An absolute corking blast along the 696 and 68 coming back Sunday afternoon. (in for a penny in for a pound)

For sale.. due to possible forthcoming loss of license.

1 x R1200r lc ( go`s like fook)
1 x R9t Racer (multi fuel, with really nice gentlemen`s extras)
1 x Honda Valkyrie
Fiat Scudo 1.6 (with pipe carrier)

Will PX the Lot for a Staffie with the character and soul of our dearly departed.

Oh forgot to add.. some plumbing tools and loadsa bogs and bits for sale. :wink:
Fiat Panda.
Fiat Scudo (with speedblock, pipe carrier, reversing sensors, reversing camera, tow bar, some new rust and Fake Plumber logo)

started out with nothing, still have most of it left.

GRAgusta

Re: Has Covid restrictions stopped people posting?

Postby GRAgusta » Thu Mar 25, 2021 7:05 am

2021 so far .... one of my bikes (blue Diavel, only one currently MOT'd) has recently been out once for a 45 minute blast on the backroads locally around Auchterarder.

After the snow cleared my 911 went essential food shopping once in Perth, there via Crieff. It also went into Perth last Thursday, and again yesterday for Mrs and Mr vaccines .... 220 miles in total. Every week Jenny's car went once for an essential food shop, but most of the protein we've eaten this year came from Graeme with his fish van who arrives here from Arbroath every Friday.

We have taken to heart Stay at Home, Stay Local. I have certainly ridden / driven less miles than I have walked in 2021. In November we put winter wheels on Jenny's car and swapped them back on Monday. The winter wheels did 920 miles. My car was out once in December before the snow arrived.

We have recently booked holidays .... diving in Kinlochbervie in May, the Festival of Speed in July, and a static caravan (sic) in Nairn in August with the grand children.

So the experience of 2021 so far, on the back of similar in 2020, has not given much scope to chatter about recent experience here. Looking forward optimistically for that to change .....
Gawaine

2003 R1100S
2007 MV Agusta F4 1000R
2013 Ducati Diavel Hers
2023 Motorrad R1250RS SE

2020 911 992 C2SC

popsky

Postby popsky » Thu Mar 25, 2021 8:14 am

Not just stopped posting Chris, mostly stopped doing anything :mrgreen:
Had 12s mot Feb, only time on bike since last Oct, don’t really feel right to go out on a pleasure ride. Lost one of our whippets jan :cry: but on a brighter note picked up a lovely 8 week old whippet nearly 2 weeks ago, the same lineage as the one we lost and born on the same day as the other passed.
Both had our jabs end Feb but done locally in our town hospital.
Was hoping that the Welsh First Minister may have opened Wales hospitality up sooner than England but not looking realistic so if the Welsh weekend does go ahead will it be a little later than planned.

CALLING Mr Parry, are you on the case ????

It would be nice to see some friends ride my bike and have a beer in a pub, here’s hoping.

We have a cottage booked in Lochcarron in June and still looking forward to that, mind you we’re taking the new puppy so will be an interesting time :shock: it was booked for last June so not too much longer to wait.

Stay safe Trixsters see you soon :salute:
Phil.

R1200S and loving it !

Hoch Bergstraßenjäger…………………………………

Paul
Wanna buy a sticker mister?

Postby Paul » Thu Mar 25, 2021 1:45 pm

Well my excuse is that I've just bought a house in rural Norfolk, and I'm currently up to my elbows in DIY and decorating and gardening. My GS had a brief 15 minute run down the A3 for a couple of junctions about 4 weeks ago, just to get the engine warm and the oil moving around. That's the only milage of 2021 so far. Hopefully the Welsh weekend can be rescheduled to a date when the hotels and bars will be open again and looking forward to that.

Cheers,

Paul
You really need only two tools: WD-40 and duct tape. If it doesn't move and it should, use WD-40. If it moves and shouldn't, use the tape.

dave the german

Postby dave the german » Thu Mar 25, 2021 9:00 pm

Will be taxing the GS and 12S next week and using them for work - only used the GS last year. Road the 12S literally around the corner for MOT and that's it (be interesting to see if it passes this year!! :-? ). Hopefully get to meet this year, have a beer and talk some $hite. Until then, stay safe everyone
'15 R1200GS TE
'06 R1200S
'04 BCR
Yam SR 500 long term restoration
wanna win the lottery and ride my bike

Blackal

Postby Blackal » Fri Mar 26, 2021 11:24 am

Got the bikes MOT'd and only been out locally.

On the plus side - I have found a useful place to get rid of the old treadbare tyres off my bikes..................... :roll:

No plans for anything other than dayrides or maybe an overnighter
If I am ever on life support - Unplug me......
Then plug me back in..........

See if that works .....
:?

nab 301

Postby nab 301 » Fri Mar 26, 2021 12:54 pm

Different jurisdiction but with a 5km "exercise and essential only" travel limit since late December, generally all I get to do is commute to work . Had a few days of permitted unrestricted travel over Christmas, so made the most of it and clocked up approx 1000km along with my "normal " sunny south east tour on Christmas day. Although with near zero deg temperatures it wasn't all fun!. Most of this was on my V Strom and on the one day I used my R1100s I could barely walk when I climbed off it ... so maybe I'll be parking the Bimmer for good in the near future.

Keep smiling, it makes people wonder what you've been up to!
1999 R1100s (mandarin) '
2018 DL 250V Strom
2019 CB125F Honda.
MZ301 Saxon Fun ( currently retired)
'03 Bullet 65 project..

wicker

Postby wicker » Fri Mar 26, 2021 5:06 pm

Done more miles on my e-bike this year to date than the motorbike. Did take the GS out for a spin up into Perthshire last Sun as the weather was so nice. Pitlochry very quite even for a Sunday but Greggs was open so got an essential roll and coffee. Run back down by Loch Tummel and Loch Tay showed the roads very clear of traffic and tourists. Saw a few other bikes out in small groups but prefer to run solo as it's more socially distanced :)

GRAgusta

Postby GRAgusta » Fri Mar 26, 2021 7:32 pm

wicker wrote: spin up into Perthshire :)

We Stay at Home, Stay Local. Stay in local health authority. Just saying .......................

When we get out of this mess we will put a side any feelings of disappointment we currently feel over people not following the principles laid out to protect us ... I hope.
Last edited by GRAgusta on Fri Mar 26, 2021 8:56 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Gawaine

2003 R1100S
2007 MV Agusta F4 1000R
2013 Ducati Diavel Hers
2023 Motorrad R1250RS SE

2020 911 992 C2SC

wicker

Postby wicker » Fri Mar 26, 2021 8:53 pm

All NHS Scotland area :D . Not left the country and crossed a border to England or Europe in the past 14 months.

GRAgusta

Postby GRAgusta » Fri Mar 26, 2021 9:15 pm

wicker wrote:All NHS Scotland area :D . Not left the country and crossed a border to England or Europe in the past 14 months.

TOTALY WRONG MY FRIEND It Is NOT NHS SCOTLAND ....... Perth and Kincross is a separate Health Board area to Forth Valley. If you don't agree with me speak to Nicola. We in Perth and Kincross have a lower transmission than you do in Forth Valley. You should not be coming here under the current rules.

Just saying ........
Gawaine

2003 R1100S
2007 MV Agusta F4 1000R
2013 Ducati Diavel Hers
2023 Motorrad R1250RS SE

2020 911 992 C2SC

GRAgusta

Postby GRAgusta » Fri Mar 26, 2021 9:25 pm

wicker wrote:All NHS Scotland area :D . Not left the country and crossed a border to England or Europe in the past 14 months.

TOTALY WRONG MY FRIEND It Is NOT NHS SCOTLAND ....... Perth and Kincross is a separate Health Board area to Forth Valley. If you don't agree with me speak to Nicola. We in Perth and Kincross have a lower transmission than you do in Forth Valley. You should not be coming here under the current rules.

Just saying ........
Gawaine

2003 R1100S
2007 MV Agusta F4 1000R
2013 Ducati Diavel Hers
2023 Motorrad R1250RS SE

2020 911 992 C2SC

Blackal

Postby Blackal » Sat Mar 27, 2021 8:16 am

Fun Fact............

Last weekend, a female friend of a friend - drove up from Nr Preston to Edinburgh ........... for a hair appointment.

She got stopped on the A7 near Langholm and received a £200 fine and told to turn around.

She continued to Edinburgh nonetheless .........

On her return journey, got stopped again................. and got hit with another £1,000 fine !

Not sure if any of these fines will actually stick - but I bet that took the shine off her hairstyle :lol:
If I am ever on life support - Unplug me......
Then plug me back in..........

See if that works .....
:?

boxerscott

Postby boxerscott » Sat Mar 27, 2021 2:53 pm

So was wondering if the data receivers and the operators of the highway speed cameras are staying home staying safe and protecting the NHS . I hope they are! They have 14 days to notify me of any transgressions. I am at day 8. Coming home on the Sunday I paid more attention to the gantries and used my cruise control. Not all gantries have the double yellow boxed cameras or the variable speed monitors which is a small consolation for me.

70mph on a not busy M1 A1/M seems pedestrian... like sleep inducing :wink:

Another shit thing happened last weekend. The turbo started failing on my Van. 57k miles. Top end oil leak coming out of inter cooler... £2k repair bill :shock:

On a plus side I found nearly new but dirty tyre supplier :wink:

Better times lay ahead for sure :)
Fiat Panda.
Fiat Scudo (with speedblock, pipe carrier, reversing sensors, reversing camera, tow bar, some new rust and Fake Plumber logo)

boxerscott

Postby boxerscott » Sat Mar 27, 2021 8:27 pm

GRAgusta wrote:
wicker wrote: spin up into Perthshire :)

We Stay at Home, Stay Local. Stay in local health authority. Just saying .......................

When we get out of this mess we will put a side any feelings of disappointment we currently feel over people not following the principles laid out to protect us ... I hope.
Gwaine , the principles of who? Boris? Nicola ? W.H.O. SAGE, Euro Commision? CCP? The world does not revolve around anyone`s should`s or musts. least alone unelected bodies that are not empowered to say when or when not we can enjoy the liberties that our forbearers have fought wars over. We`ve all bided by the rules for over a year, it`s never ending this Covid. lets respect our democratic principles that put us where we are . I have more behind me than in front and politicians posturing and well paid unelected bodies like Sage can go and take a flying fcuk at the moon now.

I don`t hold the NHS as a religious shrine. It has good and bad, like any human organisation. We`ve done as told, we`ve protected it and I`m living with covid not hiding from it.

Screw it, ride your bike if you choose and live. Chris.
Fiat Panda.

Return to “Boxerbanter”